119 Day Cruise AROUND THE WORLD YouTube Video

gkbiiii

Our 119 Day Cruise AROUND THE WORLD Begins | MSC Magnifica Full Ship Tour

Published on Feb 26, 2019

Today we boarded our first ever Around the World Cruise on the MSC Magnifica! It is a 119 day cruise and we are SO excited to be a part of it! In this video we board the ship and give a tour of our new home ;) Travel vlog 591 | Saint Martin | Country #84/100 | Filmed January 2019

I enjoy watching, some of the this couple's adventures; I thought you all would enjoy this.  These bloggers were awarded by MSC, a two week cruise, to film & blog, one segment of MSC's First World Cruise.  This is their first video, uploaded today.  It may give us an idea of the overall standards of this Grand Voyage.
Edited by gkbiiii

On the subject of world cruises ... I don't think being on a ship for 119 days would appeal to me - apart from the crazy prices that MSC are looking for.  A Bella inside is over €100 pppn!  (Even a 42 night leg is the same)!

The DSC alone would be €2380 per couple;  then there's the cost of excursions/trips in the various ports, not to mention getting some kind of drink package (I've seen the mealtime drinks package included in some pricings, but I wouldn't fancy being restricted to having a drink only at meal times).

Even if we could afford to do it (it would mean foregoing a holiday for the next 3-5 years if we did decide) I couldn't even contemplate it.  I would imagine that visiting so many ports in one trip would become tiresome. 

31 minutes ago, Beamafar said:

On the subject of world cruises ... I don't think being on a ship for 119 days would appeal to me - apart from the crazy prices that MSC are looking for.  A Bella inside is over €100 pppn!  (Even a 42 night leg is the same)!

The DSC alone would be €2380 per couple;  then there's the cost of excursions/trips in the various ports, not to mention getting some kind of drink package (I've seen the mealtime drinks package included in some pricings, but I wouldn't fancy being restricted to having a drink only at meal times).

Even if we could afford to do it (it would mean foregoing a holiday for the next 3-5 years if we did decide) I couldn't even contemplate it.  I would imagine that visiting so many ports in one trip would become tiresome. 

Viking has  245 day cruise.  That might be too long for me. 

https://www.cntraveler.com/story/the-worlds-longest-cruise-is-245-days-costs-dollar93000

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Beamafar said:

LOVE this! This years MSC world has a fantastic itinerary. At first I thought they were doing the World cruise and was excited because they are so young. The one thing that concerns me when planning for an upcoming World Cruise is age of passengers. We are in our 50's but very active (and immature :)), so the thought of cruising with the average age of passengers over 70 gives me pause.

Beam: World cruising isn't for everyone, but MSC does not fill their ships at that price. The low point I saw this years World cruise occurred  last fall and it came in around $50 pp/pn in a balcony. MSC has great lead in prices, but includes far less than other lines. Many lines include gratuity, internet, drinks, some shore excursions, etc... so when pricing a World Cruise spreadsheets become essential. 

I'm game to sign up for a full round the world segment, but DH keeps teetering on doing 3 or 4 segments (one a year for a few years). I also want it to go around Cape Horn and not through the Suez Canal so that limits things.  HAL has a fabulous itinerary this year that starts in LA and goes all they way around South America with a fantastic detour to Antarctica for 5 days. That one isn't round the world, but is a great itinerary for those who don't want to commit 120 days.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
3 hours ago, gkbiiii said:

It was that bad?

Hi GK,

I love to cruise but I find my cup is full after 14-16 days.  Too much of a good thing I guess.  I have never wanted to go on a world cruise but would have no problem with a segment.  

• 1 year later...