Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
Hflors

Fall 2021 Where is MS Amsterdam???

Recommended Posts

I am looking to do a Hawaii/ Tahiti cruise to celebrate  our 50th Anniversary in the fall of 2021.  I would like to do the long one from San Diego out as far as Fiji, Tahiti and Hawaii and back to San Diego.  The same cruise Amsterdam is doing this fall (2019)  Before I get my hopes up to high does anyone have any inside information on Amsterdam for that time frame?  As a back up I see this year Rotterdam is doing a shorter version in that time frame during the fall of 2020 and I could do that in the fall of 2021, if Rotterdam does it.  I would just prefer the longer version.   I thought I read something that Amsterdam was going to do a long Asia trip, but of course I can't find it now.  Thanks for any info.

 

Helen

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am watching the same sort of thing for 2020 and they still haven't been released.  The Nordam usually leaves the NW for Australia, the Westerdam does the Far East, the Eurodam does the canal and it looks like the Amsterdam does the coast. Seems the Zandam does some south Pacific also. Looks like you have over a year to figure it out. I think leaving Seattle and doing the South Pacific , Australia and New Zealand might be pretty special for the 50th. I think it is 42 days.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think that we will have to wait until 2020 to find out Amsterdam's 2021 itineraries.  The 2018 Grand Asia did not come out until late June, 2017.  I don't think that here has been  confirmation of any Amsterdam itinerary for 2021.  We are hoping for another Grand Asia that fall.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Tampa Girl said:

I think that we will have to wait until 2020 to find out Amsterdam's 2021 itineraries.  The 2018 Grand Asia did not come out until late June, 2017.  I don't think that here has been  confirmation of any Amsterdam itinerary for 2021.  We are hoping for another Grand Asia that fall.

The 2018 Grand Asia did not sell very well.  We only had about 800 passengers.  Compare that to the sold out world cruises in 2018, 2019, and 2020.  The rumor was that there would be a Grand Africa (no idea what ship) and no Grand Med or Asia.  We'll have to see what the real schedule is in a few months.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DeepWaterMariner said:

The 2018 Grand Asia did not sell very well.  We only had about 800 passengers.  Compare that to the sold out world cruises in 2018, 2019, and 2020.  The rumor was that there would be a Grand Africa (no idea what ship) and no Grand Med or Asia.  We'll have to see what the real schedule is in a few months.

 

 

Yes, that is my worry, as well.  Actually we had between 850 - 900 passengers, according to the NS concierge.  However, the 2017 Grand Asia was also not full, and I think I remember someone saying that it was also around 900, perhaps 1,000 passengers.  I am afraid we will have to wait until mid 2020 to find out the Amsterdam's fall 2021 schedule.  

 

BTW, are you signing up for the Grand Africa if it comes out?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We barely had 800 on the last segment.  I'd do it again in a heartbeat if its offered and if there was enough time between the world cruise and the end of the Grand Asia.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, DeepWaterMariner said:

We barely had 800 on the last segment.  I'd do it again in a heartbeat if its offered and if there was enough time between the world cruise and the end of the Grand Asia.

 

Keeping my fingers crossed!  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎2‎/‎27‎/‎2019 at 5:02 PM, DeepWaterMariner said:

We barely had 800 on the last segment.

 

That's why it felt like a luxury cruise for the available public space and crew/passenger ratio. Lots of activities and wonderful ports. It was one of our best cruises with excellent service. However, we booked other cruise lines for 2020 because they were available for booking and the itinerary appealed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Floridiana said:

 

That's why it felt like a luxury cruise for the available public space and crew/passenger ratio. Lots of activities and wonderful ports. It was one of our best cruises with excellent service. However, we booked other cruise lines for 2020 because they were available for booking and the itinerary appealed.

 

Couldn't agree more.  I think I am homesick for the ship!  I would take that cruise again in a minute.  None of the other GV's interest us, unfortunately.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sorry I did not get over here to post sooner!  

 

Grand Africa 2020 cruise is 79 days:  October 3 embarkation in Boston, October 5 in New York, or October 8 in Fort Lauderdale; December 21 disembarkation in Fort Lauderdale.

 

Itinerary includes:

Portugal

Morocco

Spain

Tunisia

Malta

Suez Canal

Jordan 

Oman 

Seychelles

Kenya 

Tanzania

Mayotte

Madagascar

Mozambique

South Africa

Namibia

Angola

Ghana

Ivory Coast

Gambia

Senegal

Cape Verde

Puerto Rico

 

with 2 days in Aqaba (Petra)

  "      "    "      "  Mombasa     and

  "      3 days in Cape Town.

 

The voyage is not yet appearing on HAL's website, I telephoned the World Cruise and Grand Voyage Department Thursday, and the rep told me it would be available for booking "in late May."

 

I don't believe a roll call has been established yet.

 

Cheers,

Dee

cruznragtop@gmail.com

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • Q&A: Cruise Insurance w/ Steve Dasseos of the TripInsuranceStore.com June 2020
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...