Norwegian Epic refund questions

BoatsNhoes311

I was on the Epic from 2/9 - 2/16/19 where we had mechanical issues and crashed into San Juan’s port.  I’m trying to find other people that were on the cruise to see how they are approaching the refund.  I did get cruise insurance as well. 

I guess what I’m most curious about is does the insurance cover any of the missed ports and did you get a full refund for your flight change? Norwegian is offering $300 per guest but we paid $800 total.

Thanks!

I'm also interested.  I've received no refund for my credit balance cruise account and no response to my submission of $400 in airline change fees.  I understand they have lots of things to process, but I'm pretty sure if I owed them money at the end of the cruise, I'd be seeing it on my credit card by now.  It is, after all, the age of computers.

I had to call my PCC to check on the cruise refund. It does not show on myNCL. However, he verified that it was on my account as a credit that can be used for 24 months. 

Edited by Briji04

3 hours ago, annielauree said:

I'm also interested.  I've received no refund for my credit balance cruise account and no response to my submission of $400 in airline change fees.  I understand they have lots of things to process, but I'm pretty sure if I owed them money at the end of the cruise, I'd be seeing it on my credit card by now.  It is, after all, the age of computers.

Don't hold your breath on that one.  We had an issue one time and it took 16 weeks for many of us to finally get a paper check.

Reports since then (2016) seem to have improved quite a bit though and mentions of credits to credit cards.

Also, if they are refunding or crediting future cruise (if they are offering any of that too - I don't recall seeing what the offer was), it is of the base fare typically - so you can't just take the total amount you paid and multiple by 1/7.

2 hours ago, casofilia said:

@Briji04

However, he verified that it was on my account as a credit that can be used for 24 months. 

Are you able and willing to tell us what refunds you got and what they were for, please?

Thanks

The people on the 2/16 sailing are getting 50% refund as a credit towards a future cruise.   That is the credit she is referring to on her account.  The other 50% is supposed to go back to our credit card and I'm sure will take a few weeks.

The credit I was referring to is the refund for excursion / cabana charges that are due to me.  I'm not surprised that it might take a few billing cycles, but that doesn't do a lot for me in terms of positive feelings toward NCL.  I was a first timer on NCL after having sailed multiple other lines.  I'll cruise them again, due to the credit for this one, but they have a long way to go to make me interested in anything beyond that.  Which they could remedy by a timely credit to my card for the excursions that didn't happen.  As I've been saying all along, it's not so much that these things happened, it's how they were handled (customer service, communication, etc).

The other thing we received is a "100% credit toward a future cruise".  I'm hoping that means 100% of what I paid.  We'll see when I go to book again.

5 hours ago, casofilia said:

@Briji04

However, he verified that it was on my account as a credit that can be used for 24 months. 

Are you able and willing to tell us what refunds you got and what they were for, please?

Thanks

I was referring to the cruise credit for future cruise. I had paid for me and my friend. They gave us the amount of the actual fare. I didn’t get any of the port fees/taxes or service charges back.  She was credited separately to her NCL account.

I did not have any airfare/hotel expenses as we stayed on the ship Saturday night. 

My excursions were refunded onboard to my account. I was using cash so I was able to just go to the service desk and get my cash back. 

I hope that answers your question. 

2 hours ago, annielauree said:

The other thing we received is a "100% credit toward a future cruise".  I'm hoping that means 100% of what I paid.  We'll see when I go to book again.

Please report back when you find out as my suspicion is that you'll get a future credit for 100% of your cabin cost not including taxes and port fees. I hope for your sake I'm wrong.

12 hours ago, annielauree said:

The credit I was referring to is the refund for excursion / cabana charges that are due to me.  I'm not surprised that it might take a few billing cycles, but that doesn't do a lot for me in terms of positive feelings toward NCL.  I was a first timer on NCL after having sailed multiple other lines.  I'll cruise them again, due to the credit for this one, but they have a long way to go to make me interested in anything beyond that.  Which they could remedy by a timely credit to my card for the excursions that didn't happen.  As I've been saying all along, it's not so much that these things happened, it's how they were handled (customer service, communication, etc).

These things don't happen too often so not a ton of reports out there.  However, it seems the credits for cancelled excursions are fairly quick.  

Your future cruise credit likely to be off base fare.  You'll need detailed invoice from TA to actually match it to what the future credit is.  The future credit will be something you'll have to have TA or NCL tell you the amount.

Let us know how it shakes out .