St Petersburg private tour start time?

39 minutes ago, northernrose said:

The agenda from the tour company show them starting the tour at 8:00 am . Our ship docks at 7:00 am . 

Is this enough time to get thru customs?

you will be caught up in the longest immigration lines trying to get to tour guides for 8am-very frustrating

I would suggest starting after 10am and finishing tour day later

The first day in St Petersburg is a zoo. The tour companys know this and will wait for you. Our tour was to start at 8:00, it was about 9:30 before everyone in our group got through customs. The tour companys allow for this on the first day. The second day goes much better. You will have a great cruise, The Baltics is one for our favourites    

On 2/28/2019 at 9:18 AM, northernrose said:

What time should we start our private tour of St Petersburg? We are coming in September on NCL and there are 4 ships at the terminal.

I just printed out tour tickets for our upcoming trip in April.  This is what they say (I Used SPB but I imagine all of the tour companies would say about the same)

----------------------
Tour Ticket Starting Times Information
1. The "Starting Time" for Day 1 represents the beginning of a 1 hour meeting window.
2. Do not worry, you will not miss your tour. Flat-rate group tours will be filled up on a first come
first serve basis. As soon as you disembark we will group you with others, and once your group is
full the tour will begin.
3. SPB-Tours guests will be allowed to disembark after cruise ship tour guests—our starting time
takes this into account. Please follow the disembarkation instructions from your ship.
4. The time required for disembarkation can vary greatly depending on the number of ships in port.
If there are delays, do not panic, be patient, we will be aware of the delays and we will see you
when have completed the immigration check.
------------------------------

Hope this helps.

• Like 1

I'd talk to your tour operator.  The other complicating factor is that I think normally the Hermitage is visited first thing on Day 2 during early admission time, but it is closed on Mondays so I don't know how that affects the timing of cruises that stop over Mondays.    

On 3/4/2019 at 2:40 AM, warble said:

We toured with Red Sun Tours and our start time was 8.30 am. It was convenient for us and we didn't wait in the line. 

8.30 for us too, but still depends when your ship docks. We booked with Anastasia Travel and our guide waited for us next just past passport control at 8.30.

On 3/3/2019 at 4:15 PM, Brantjudith said:

You just might also be able to design a schedule with the Travel Agency you're working with. I used Anastasia Travels the last time I toured St Petersburg and the agency was of great help.

We used Anastasia's Travel too! They were so fantastic!

northernrose - check with whichever operator you are using. They will be able to answer questions for your tour!