NCL Free at Sea Promotion Upgrade

iaswam

I'm not sure if anyone is aware, or cares, but NCL's "Free at Sea promotion" now includes all of the options when booking a balcony or better cabin. They are also including free or reduced airfare. When we booked, we only received 2 of the promotion items, but with one quick phone call to NCL, I was able to get our reservation to include all of the options and the reduced airfare!

So... if you have already booked and this promotion wasn't available, call NCL and they will update your reservation to include them all.

Yay!

Here is a link to the promotion: https://www.ncl.com/cruise-deals/choice?intcmp=pro_hpb_TAKEALL0219 

Maybe it's the same thing and they renamed it? Also, I booked directly through NCL, so I'm not sure how that works with a travel agent. IMO I think it's worth a call to either your agent or NCL.

Disclaimer: this is only my second cruise, so I am, in no means, an expert. :classic_wacko:

10 minutes ago, missmelis1976 said:

Hi I'm very new to this. We booked with our travel agent this AM but no airfare as we are driving. We just got the Sailaway Deal which is the bare bones she said. What is this "Free at Sea Promotion" consist of? Should I call? Thanks!

IF you wanted the cheapest price, you went the correct route.    IF you want drinks/pick your cabin/internet/specialty dining it may be worth reconsidering.  IT will be HIGHER.  

Yeah the Sailaway rate is about $300 pp cheaper for a 7 day.  However, it will be more expensive to buy the drink package with a sailaway rate then just booking a regular rate and getting free at sea.  If you don't plan on drinking more than 5 drinks per day per person then just stick with what you have.

1 minute ago, PTC DAWG said:

IF you wanted the cheapest price, you went the correct route.    IF you want drinks/pick your cabin/internet/specialty dining it may be worth reconsidering.  IT will be HIGHER.  

Agreed. I was only trying to share the fact that IF you booked a balcony cabin and ONLY received two choices at the time of booking, you can call NCL and they WILL adjust your reservation to include ALL of the promotional items.

P.S. the total price of our cruise did go UP $51.98 which is totally worth it.

These are the same perks (all 6 for balcony and higher) that have been offered since at least December when we book for our Oct 2020 cruise on the Joy.

Per my TA, NCL put out a notice to them that the current perks we see today are gone as of midnight tonight.  

Who knows what they will be replaced with but I do know that NCL has been playing the "hurry before time runs out..." game for the past few months.  Now it looks like they are least getting ready to change things up a bit.

Edited by bktok

Having never sailed on NCL I have been very intrigued at the commercials advertising all this "free" stuff.  I figured it's only "free" if you are booking a fancy cabin though and that's the way it looks from what others have posted.  My question is, about how much PP does it cost on NCL to book a nice enough room to get all these perks?  I know this is a very general question and I'm sure it depends where you are sailing to but I just wondered if it's worth it.  We recently cruised on CCL and it cost us about $3500 for the week for 2 people.  That was with the drink package, airfare, prepaid gratuities,tips for drinks,transfers, not including anything we spent on the islands.  So I just wondered if NCL was going to be about the same or more or what.

• 4 weeks later...

I just booked on the Dawn for the Aug 10 sailing.  We have four adults and two children in a two bedroom suite with an adjoining mini suite.  We have the free at sea dining package and I was curious if I could upgrade that to a four or five day package paying the difference of course.  I’m Diamond with RCI but never sailed NCL so I’m not sure if there’s any flexibility.

1 hour ago, Tasha999 said:

I just booked on the Dawn for the Aug 10 sailing.  We have four adults and two children in a two bedroom suite with an adjoining mini suite.  We have the free at sea dining package and I was curious if I could upgrade that to a four or five day package paying the difference of course.  I’m Diamond with RCI but never sailed NCL so I’m not sure if there’s any flexibility.

You could purchase another 3 night specialty dining plan.  Plans start at 3 nights, so that would be the minimum additional nights you could purchase.  If I was on a 7 day cruise, personally I would not want 6 out of 7 nights specialty.  You might be better off if you simply pay for the 4th specialty dine,

Edited by vince_g

On 2/28/2019 at 1:56 PM, missmelis1976 said:

Hi I'm very new to this. We booked with our travel agent this AM but no airfare as we are driving. We just got the Sailaway Deal which is the bare bones she said. What is this "Free at Sea Promotion" consist of? Should I call? Thanks!

You have to decide for yourself what is best for you. Yes, you got the bare bones as she put it so you get on promos of any kind. If you want, you can re-check with her and see what the difference is between what you got and the Free at Sea price. Do you drink, do you want specialty dining rooms for your cruise, do you want discounts on your shore excursions and would you be better off to take these at the highter price? 

On 3/24/2019 at 5:54 PM, Tasha999 said:

Three nights of Specialty will be enough. NCL's main dining rooms are quite nice with good food. Keep in mind the children don't get SDP, you'll pay for what they order or pay the fee (like at Teppenayaki, pay full upcharge price). If you want to try Los Lobos as a specialty option, just pay a la carte and even think about sharing. Prices are pretty reasonable and portions make sharing a great idea. I have sailed the Dawn twice, lovely ship, enjoy!

I have a 5 day cruise on the Dawn in 2.5 weeks.  I called yesterday and they said this was not a current promotion and there was nothing else they were offering.  They said what I paid for our cruise (and a balcony room) was a better rate than what's being offered now, but I think they say that every time.