Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
etoile

Storylines, MV Narrative - cruise condos

Recommended Posts

57 minutes ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

 

This is in complete contradiction to NewLifestyle's post above.  I would think she would know which ship she was on for the Storylines preview 2-night cruise in March – the name Grand Classica on the bow is hard to miss!

 

But there is a narrative that could square both these story lines [couldn't resist the pun.  Sorry, not sorry!]

Costa has two other ships that they tried the 'neo' treatment on.  neoRiviera (built 1999) is going to AIDA in December.  No word yet on neoRomantica (built 1993 and now the oldest ship in the Costa fleet).  I wonder if either neoRomantica is going to Storylines, or if neoRomantica is going to Bahama Paradise when Grand Classica (ex neoClassica, built 1991) goes to Storylines.

Hay I am just the messenger it is what I was told by a higher up. I have seen many ships on the news that had nothing at all to do with the news report. Just a cruise ship not related to the report at all. It may be. I personally do not know anything bout it. Just trying to report what I was told. 

 

20 hours ago, NewLifestyle said:

Wow, you Cruise Critic guys are amazing sleuths! Such a lot of information!  I have been on about 30 or more cruises, but can't believe I didn't know about CC until a few years ago. I just joined yesterday so I could respond when I happened to be scrolling and saw a post on Storylines. I have no idea how I saw that post, but I am so happy to be part of such great communication. 

It should be interesting to see what happens in January 2020. I wonder why the Bahama Paradise reservationist told me that the ship was going to be refurbished on Aug 17 to mid-Oct instead of saying a private cruise has been booked. "Twodaywonder" mentioned a hotel in Freeport/Port Lucia and building a new port. How is Bahama Paradise involved with that?

Thanks for all of your information.

I said nothing about the cruise line being involved with it. Royal Caribbean is purchasing the Hotel. Carnival is going to build there largest Carnival only cruise port . I would think the Balm Beach Cruise Line will benefit with that port becoming a port more cruisers will want to go to. There are articles to read on GOOGLE. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"I wonder why the Bahama Paradise reservationist told me that the ship was going to be refurbished on Aug 17 to mid-Oct instead of saying a private cruise has been booked" You answered your own question. They take reservations and know absolutely nothing about the workings of the company. They do not even know the price for a soda on the ship.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The article is current April 2019 and totally wrong. The pictures shows it as the Classica.

 

Storylines are planning a floating seniors residence. They intend to acquire the cruiseship COSTA neoCLASSICA from Costa Crociere and to convert into M/V NARRATIVE.

 

Costa Crociere dose not own the ship. 

Grand Classica -- previously Italian cruise line Costa's neoClassica

On 2 August 2017, Costa Cruises announced that the vessel had been sold to an unnamed buyer and will leave the Costa Cruises fleet in March 2018.[4] On 13 December 2017, it was revealed that the ship had been purchased by Bahamas Paradise Cruise Line, who would rename the vessel Grand Classica.

History

Name:

· 1991–2014: Costa Classica

· 2014–2018: Costa neoClassica

· 2018: Grand Classica

Owner:

· 1991–2018: Carnival Corporation & plc

· 2018: Bahamas Paradise Cruise Line

Operator:

· 1991–2018: Costa Crociere

· 2018: Bahamas Paradise Cruise Line

Port of registry:

· 1991–1994: Naples Italy

· 1994–2000: Monrovia Liberia

· 2000–2018: Genoa Italy

· 2018: Madeira Portugal

Builder:

Fincantieri

Launched:

2 February 1991

Completed:

December 1991

Acquired:

7 December 1991

Maiden voyage:

17 December 1991

Renamed:

2014, 2018

Identification:

· Call sign: ICIC

· IMO number8716502

· MMSI number247819000

Status:

In service

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You may want to see their video on tube. The ship is the COSTA CLASSICA  not the Grand Classica. It was before Bahamas Paradise Cruise Line purchased the ship. There intention was to purchase it from Costa but never did. If they intend to continue, they need to set there sights on a different. ship. If you intend to invest in this. i would sit back and see what they will buy first. Not intend to buy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/29/2019 at 12:29 AM, Host Jazzbeau said:

Did you find out which ship they are buying?

 

When I first looked at their website (in response to the initial post in this thread) the image clearly showed the profile (and lettering) of Grand Classica, the old Costa ship first called Classica, then neoClassica, then sold to Bahamas Paradise Cruise Line [only last year] and now sailing for them as Grand Classica.

 

Now the Storylines' website has a photoshopped picture with the 'storylines' name.  Meanwhile BPCL contains to market Grand Classica as if they have no intention of selling.

 

But Costa has another ship, originally called Romantica and now neoRomantica – a sister ship to Grand/neo/Classica – that has now become the oldest ship in their fleet.  I wonder if that is the one that Storylines is buying [... if they have actually bought anything at all.  There has been no news in the cruising media about such a sale.]

I would not jump into anything. Clearly on there site it is not the GRAND CLASSICA It is the Costa Classaca clearly in very BIG letters on the super structure long before Bahamas Paradise Cruise line purchased it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks like they are confused on the pricing and size of the cabins. I would be very cautious for sure. They do not even have a ship at this time.

 

Tier 6

Our most affordable homes, the Southerton, combines an unparalleled luxury lifestyle with unbeatable value. Tastefully and smartly designed with the latest in space saving features, guests will discover their world from the comfort of their own home. Life will never be the same again.

Location: Decks 4, 5 & 6

Total Square Feet: 172

Price: From $352,235

'All-inclusive' Assessment: From $70 per person/per day*

 

Pricing starts at $299,000 and an average entry price of $475,000 including monthly fees.

 

 

World’s First Affordable Cruise Ship You Can Live On, Cabins/Condos Start at $155,000

 

 Tier 1 starting price of $255,000 to tier 5 starting price of $990,000.

The cabins themselves range from 183 square feet to 624 square feet, and also come with a monthly service fee ranging from $4,770 per person to $9,598 per person.

 

Guess the 172 sq ft are on a different ship.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

 

The location of the lifeboats is pretty distinctive on the Classica, and is duplicated on MV Narrative.  Actually everything from the lifeboats down looks very similar, and NewLifestyle said that they are planning to add 3 or 4 decks on top.  Frankly I think the MV Narrative picture looks exactly like a refurbished Classica would.

Screen Shot 2019-06-17 at 12.55.30 PM.png

Screen Shot 2019-06-17 at 12.56.32 PM.png

Storylines to my opinion are a sham. There is no way in hell they can transform the Classica into there ship in a few months to sail in 2020.  They do not own the ship and were to purchase it before Bahamas Paradise Cruise lines did. Look closely at both ships. In and out. The super structure would need to be totally removed and most of the lower two decks. This is my thoughts on this. They get you on the Grand Classica on a free two day cruise. Telling you everything they are going to do to the ship and asking you for a $5000.00 deposit. Not owning any ship. Impossible to sail by 2020 if they even had the ship now. I emailed them asking them what ship will they purchase. No reply. I figured that. One more time. The inside person who is in charge of about 99% of everything going on at PBCL says he never even heard of Storylines. Hum. Why would Bahamas Paradise Cruise Lines know anything about what they did. They purchased cruises for two. Many families and companies book several cabins at one time. Then take you on a tour through the ship and tell you anything they want to tell you to get your money. As PBCL is totally unaware of what is going on. Why would they know? What a great scam. Again. My opinion and needless to say I have no proof, just a lot of unanswered questions. None of this makes any sense.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/13/2019 at 8:39 PM, 20yearcruiser said:

Yes, My wife and I bought a Cabin on the Narrative due to start sailing around the World in June 2020. What a totally unboring way to Retire !

They do not even own a ship. I emaild them asking what ship they are going to purchase. No reply.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/16/2019 at 6:29 AM, NewLifestyle said:

I also purchased a condo on the Storylines Resident Ship, "MV Narrative", and I also have the benefits of the Founders Circle, as I was one of the first 100 owners. To answer HostJazzbeau's question, the ship that will be refurbished in January from a presently existing cruise ship to 620 resident condos is the 722' Grand Classica owned by Bahama Paradise Cruise Line. They are adding 3 or 4 more decks (see photo). To answer GourmetGal's question of age, it was built in 1991 and owned by Carnival to 2018. Storylines says it has a life expectancy of 21 more years, minimum. ln January I flew to West Palm Beach, FL from California to take a 2-night cruise on my own without Storylines before depositing my $5000 refundable deposit just to make sure. Although I knew the interior is going to be completely changed, I wanted to see the size and the basic bones, and I loved it, so  I put down my deposit. I was then offered a preview 2-night cruise in March in which Storylines would be there to give us extensive walking tours explaining the changes, show us the architect plans and renderings, a meet the captain tour of the Bridge, show us the very unique furniture, fabric and carpet selections, and question and answer sessions, along with an opportunity for a one-on-one meeting with a Storylines rep, if desired. One of the best parts was meeting, mingling, and dining with about 40 of my future neighbors and community. They had another preview of the ship in May with even more people, from what I understand, and they are having another  July 6/7. If anyone is interested in purchasing, I highly recommend the preview. By the way, the Storylines office is in the Bahama Paradise Cruise Line building in West Palm Beach. They keep in touch with us via monthly webinars.

I also want to mention the comments/posts about Storylines possibly being "deceptive", "shady", "not real". My condo is now paid in full, so you can be sure I did my homework. I had personal communication with not only the Founders/CEO of Storylines, but with Oneill, the CEO of Bahama Paradise Cruise Line, employees of BPC, and 2 of the ship's captains (one on the ship in Jan, a different one on the ship in March). If this is a scam, there are certainly a lot of important people in the cruise industry involved! This is a start-up company, and its leaders are unbelievably busy with just 1 year left before the maiden voyage. The website may not be to your liking because of a quote you dont like, or no link to the "As Seen In" articles, but I took the time to research most of the articles, and they are good articles that are legit. I took screen shots of the major articles and will try to attach them to a second posting. From what I hear, about 20% of the condos sold so far are people in their 30's that work from home. I am a Baby Boomer generation, and sure looking forward to the tech help from some of those young people who will be my neighbors!

Screenshot_20190615-234348_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20190616-001351_Chrome.jpg

I wish you well. There is now way they can do to that ship what they are saying they will do in that short of a time span. Impossible and everyone should realize that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/16/2019 at 6:29 AM, NewLifestyle said:

I also want to mention the comments/posts about Storylines possibly being "deceptive", "shady", "not real". My condo is now paid in full, so you can be sure I did my homework. I had personal communication with not only the Founders/CEO of Storylines, but with Oneill, the CEO of Bahama Paradise Cruise Line, employees of BPC, and 2 of the ship's captains

 

Sounds good to me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/16/2019 at 6:29 AM, NewLifestyle said:

By the way, the Storylines office is in the Bahama Paradise Cruise Line building in West Palm Beach

 

In addition, Storyline's Linkedin page shows their address to be identical to Bahamas Paradise Cruise Lines corporate address in Deerfield Beach.

There is some connection no doubt.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've got no dog in this fight, but it would sure be nice to reconcile twodaywonder's "inside source" with NewLifestyle's "CEO of Bahama Paradise Cruise Line, employees of BPC, and 2 of the ship's captains" – somebody must be wrong!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

I've got no dog in this fight, but it would sure be nice to reconcile twodaywonder's "inside source" with NewLifestyle's "CEO of Bahama Paradise Cruise Line, employees of BPC, and 2 of the ship's captains" – somebody must be wrong!

Jazzbeau, Don't worry about it....we're not in a fight, and it's not important to be right or wrong.  I'm sure we can all agree that time will tell.  I'll keep you posted.

 

Hey, is my photo appearing on your screen?  I'm trying to figure this out.

1 hour ago, NewLifestyle said:

Thank you!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, NewLifestyle said:

Hey, is my photo appearing on your screen?  I'm trying to figure this out.

 

Nope.  Just a big green block with a capital N.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here is your information.

I just got a reply from my contact at BPCL. They are NOT buying our Grand Classica.

So it looks like those that already invested need to do some checking on what ship they are buying.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am done here. That is all I wanted to know and now we all know. Storylines may be an excellent investment. But which ship will they buy and there is no way they can turn a ship into what they want in a few months. Then start sailing in 2020. Impossible.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, twodaywonder said:

I am done here. That is all I wanted to know and now we all know. Storylines may be an excellent investment. But which ship will they buy and there is no way they can turn a ship into what they want in a few months. Then start sailing in 2020. Impossible.

 

Thank you, twodaywonder, for all of your contributions.  I'm glad we're done.

It is what it is. It's all up to Storylines now to see what the future will hold. Before you go, I'll clear up a couple of things.

You may have misunderstood and thought that the ship will be ready to sail in January 2020. The ship will go into drydock the first of January for 6 months, ready to sail June 30th. The residents know that Storylines is in the process of getting bids from European ship builders, so of course there is a possibility that the date can change.  The contract for the refurbishers  will contain the final date of completion,  which will hopefully be around June 30th, but you could be right that it will take longer than 6 months. We'll find out soon. 

You posted the photo of a ship and said it added to the confusion. I'm familiar with that old photo because I have been following Storylines for over a year. That was the ship they were in the process of obtaining a year ago. It was a beautiful grand ship, but they were concerned with the age (51 years old).  Luckily they found the Grand Classica (although you disagree with this), which was much younger and larger.  You also found old information online that the starting price was 

 $155,000, which contradicted another starting price.  This was the starting price of the 51-year old ship, which is obsolete information now. I think I mentioned in one of my posts to ignore the figures in one of the news articles (NY Post?) because prices have gone up. 

You also pointed out some inconsistencies in the cabin sizes, and all of these inconsistencies have understandably led you to be suspicious, which is good. Just keep in mind that a resident ship is a brand new concept (except for the "World", which is very different) and this is a brand new start-up company. As they progress, things change. A lot has changed in the last year...all for the better. Maybe your contact at BPCL is correct. Time will tell.  

Thanks for your concern. I'll keep you posted.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm highly sceptical of the project. Storylines is not trademarked. There is no mention of a company name so we have no idea if it is a partnership, limited partnership, LLC, etc. I found a remarkable lack of hits on an internet search. In fact not a single one not related to this thread or the website. Most telling, to me is that not a single person involved in the project is identified. From the start The World has listed the upper management team with bios. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, NewLifestyle said:

 

Thank you, twodaywonder, for all of your contributions.  I'm glad we're done.

It is what it is. It's all up to Storylines now to see what the future will hold. Before you go, I'll clear up a couple of things.

You may have misunderstood and thought that the ship will be ready to sail in January 2020. The ship will go into drydock the first of January for 6 months, ready to sail June 30th. The residents know that Storylines is in the process of getting bids from European ship builders, so of course there is a possibility that the date can change.  The contract for the refurbishers  will contain the final date of completion,  which will hopefully be around June 30th, but you could be right that it will take longer than 6 months. We'll find out soon. 

You posted the photo of a ship and said it added to the confusion. I'm familiar with that old photo because I have been following Storylines for over a year. That was the ship they were in the process of obtaining a year ago. It was a beautiful grand ship, but they were concerned with the age (51 years old).  Luckily they found the Grand Classica (although you disagree with this), which was much younger and larger.  You also found old information online that the starting price was 

 $155,000, which contradicted another starting price.  This was the starting price of the 51-year old ship, which is obsolete information now. I think I mentioned in one of my posts to ignore the figures in one of the news articles (NY Post?) because prices have gone up. 

You also pointed out some inconsistencies in the cabin sizes, and all of these inconsistencies have understandably led you to be suspicious, which is good. Just keep in mind that a resident ship is a brand new concept (except for the "World", which is very different) and this is a brand new start-up company. As they progress, things change. A lot has changed in the last year...all for the better. Maybe your contact at BPCL is correct. Time will tell.  

Thanks for your concern. I'll keep you posted.

 

Direct from BPCL the Grand Classica is not being sold. As for sailing in 2020. There is noway, even if they had a ship now, the total changes can not be completed in only 6 months. Impossible. You do realize that the complete superstructure would need to be removed and rebuilt not to mention all the cabins and removing most all windows on two decks and replacing them. Cabins are prebuilt on land and loaded onto a ship when being built. They are not changed once in place. Only refurbished. That complete undertaking they say they will do is not cost effective at all. As for Storylines. They will not give me any replies to my email questions. All they want to do is call me and talk. On the phone or even in person. They can tell me anything. In writing is better. A legal document is even better. They provide nothing proof positive for me. Simple questions, what cruise ship will you purchase now that you did not purchase it form Costa? next question. Where are you located and your address. I have asked that twice. No replies. I would never buy a Condo on a cruise ship or on land for that matter.  This is not about me. You say all the prices and pictures are old ones. I agree. The only changes are the prices going way up and still no ship.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, broberts said:

I'm highly sceptical of the project. Storylines is not trademarked. There is no mention of a company name so we have no idea if it is a partnership, limited partnership, LLC, etc. I found a remarkable lack of hits on an internet search. In fact not a single one not related to this thread or the website. Most telling, to me is that not a single person involved in the project is identified. From the start The World has listed the upper management team with bios. 

Now you know were I am coming form on this. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

RE: STORYLINES, MV NARRATIVE

One of the Storylines residents, Christy from Australia, was interviewed online a week or two ago. The link to that interview, along with a video she made is below. At the end of her video she answers FAQ's, which are informative and interesting. This may answer some of your questions.

Here is the interview: 
 
 
And here is the video she created: 
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No address, no ship. Will not reply with an answer via email to me. Just want me to call them. Total secrecy. WHY?

On the phone you can tell me anything. I want it in writing which they will NOT do.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • SAIL-AWAY GIVEAWAY - Enter for a chance to win a $3,000 Norwegian Cruise Line Gift Card
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...