Cruise Critic Community
etoile

Storylines, MV Narrative - cruise condos

2 minutes ago, Fla Mike said:

Did you actually read what I said?

If you did you would see that I actually agree with you now!

I am not replying to what you said. But what they are implying now. Sorry for the confusion.

On 9/17/2019 at 3:26 PM, etoile said:

Oh hey, they did update the website! And gee, now there's a microbrewery on board? I'd be surprised if that's something their buyers actually want...but I don't think they did market research, so it hardly matters.

The microbrewery was there is at least one previous round of PR and is now back. Maybe they've found a way to turn the brewery off gas into LNG and run the ship off it?

I continue to chuckle at the PR from 2017 that their first 2 ships were set and ready to be delivered. Not.

Edited by milepig

I just spotted this tidbit in Senior Housing News's March 2019 issue:

https://seniorhousingnews.com/2019/03/13/home-at-sea-cruise-ship-company-seeks-senior-living-partnerships/

Moreover, an entire deck of the ship has been committed to Morpheus London, a design house and real estate development consultancy that specializes in luxury projects. The firm is designing Deck 7 of the Narrative for its clientele.

Morpheus London seems to be an actual luxury design house. One would think that a project of this size would be on the "selected projects" page, but nada. A web search turns up only that article.

That same article mentions the possibility of a gin distillery in addition to the microbrewery. Do they just sit around dreaming this stuff up?

The article also contains this gem:

This is not the first time that a company has proposed creating ships where older adults can spend their retirement years. Other projects have not come to fruition, but a key difference is that those ventures were proposing to build new ships, which is far more difficult and costly than converting existing ones, according to Punton.

That was just a few months ago. Oops.

Well, this is interesting. Account to this page:

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/11153345/filing-history

Storylines Holdings LTD was dissolved in June. Now, they may do business under other names, but still. Also note the history of directors and resignations.

Edited by milepig

It's unfortunate that some publications simply rewrite mews releases without any sort of verification.