Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
svpmk1

March 31st Edge

Recommended Posts

Sailing the Edge on March 31st.   We have a sunset balcony and the starting bid per person on each offering was:

$100 infinite balcony (really, like I would give up a sunset balcony for an infinite balcony and pay more)

concierge $200

$400 aqua

$1500 sky

$2000 celebrity

$3000 royal

$4000 edge villa. I would love an edge villa, but not at that price. Guess I will be very happy in my sunset balcony.

 

Happy to have read on prior posts that the bids can be lowered.  I am hoping they will.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

AQ class on EDGE has the Infinite "balc"

 

Sv sounds great!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, svpmk1 said:

Sailing the Edge on March 31st.   We have a sunset balcony and the starting bid per person on each offering was:

$100 infinite balcony (really, like I would give up a sunset balcony for an infinite balcony and pay more)

concierge $200

$400 aqua

$1500 sky

$2000 celebrity

$3000 royal

$4000 edge villa. I would love an edge villa, but not at that price. Guess I will be very happy in my sunset balcony.

 

Happy to have read on prior posts that the bids can be lowered.  I am hoping they will.

 

Definitely smart to sit tight! I was fortunate enough to be able to tour all of the suite types and the Edge Villa was definitely my favorite. There is less space than the Iconic, but it has more privacy, better design and colors and just feels peaceful and lovely inside. 🙂

 

The SVs are very nice too - can't wait to be in mine in 343 days!

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you want a true balcony which appears you do, pass on the Concierge and Aqua. I would keep the SV, they are gold!

Edited by bkbarrym

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, vtcruising said:

Definitely smart to sit tight! I was fortunate enough to be able to tour all of the suite types and the Edge Villa was definitely my favorite. There is less space than the Iconic, but it has more privacy, better design and colors and just feels peaceful and lovely inside. 🙂

 

The SVs are very nice too - can't wait to be in mine in 343 days!

 

 

 

I would only consider the Edge Villa, but price would have to come down a lot for that to happen.   I appreciate your input.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, bkbarrym said:

If you want a true balcony which appears you do, pass on the Concierge and Aqua. I would keep the SV, they are good.

I agree, I want the Edge Villa or stay where I am.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, hcat said:

AQ class on EDGE has the Infinite "balc"

 

Sv sounds great!

I agree, I will be happy if we stay where we are.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, svpmk1 said:

I would only consider the Edge Villa, but price would have to come down a lot for that to happen.   I appreciate your input.

Here are a couple of pictures of the EV to dream about. Maybe some day....🙂

1118317196_evtabel-Copy.thumb.jpg.0d33c243b61860f82af90079886bef1d.jpg277204712_ev9-Copy.jpg.bc2b088e2edd073569bb30b1fed1007d.jpg

 

 

image.thumb.png.f4a68f21581c917c0e723c2e9fb1e91e.png

1591191823_evbed3-Copy.thumb.jpg.8fc507b7ad8035a67cec76e2abfb3192.jpg

image.thumb.png.3e94f823a9abda1cb61f896aead34463.png

727107376_evbed2-Copy.thumb.jpg.6f8a4ba5983eda45308bc24423ab164e.jpg891071237_evview-Copy.thumb.jpg.117ec85b7a26f0ed929fc1aa8b7d6904.jpgev11.thumb.jpg.3c42ecc4ab732a358fa7ed28d7e8a47b.jpg908071999_evbath-Copy.thumb.jpg.89c0141034400f3efa2288f20474fcf7.jpg

 

 

 

 

 

Edited by vtcruising

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I will be dreaming about this tonight and buying a lottery ticket tomorrow.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, svpmk1 said:

Sailing the Edge on March 31st.

 

Not to steal your thread but I am also on this sailing. Getting close!

 

Now back to your regularly scheduled thread......

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, svpmk1 said:

Sailing the Edge on March 31st.   We have a sunset balcony and the starting bid per person on each offering was:

$100 infinite balcony (really, like I would give up a sunset balcony for an infinite balcony and pay more)

concierge $200

$400 aqua

$1500 sky

$2000 celebrity

$3000 royal

$4000 edge villa. I would love an edge villa, but not at that price. Guess I will be very happy in my sunset balcony.

 

Happy to have read on prior posts that the bids can be lowered.  I am hoping they will.

 

Are these the total price or the amount that you would pay above your current cabin price? This might seem expensive but the starting bid prices that you show are pretty good for these suites on Edge if that is the all in price. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, TeeRick said:

Are these the total price or the amount that you would pay above your current cabin price? This might seem expensive but the starting bid prices that you show are pretty good for these suites on Edge if that is the all in price. 

 

We are on the same cruise and got pricing for the move up.  Our prices are a little lower as it depends on where your starting point is.  The prices for our move up  are pp and additonal to what you already paid.  We are in AQ and our move up to SS is $1000 pp.  $1500 X suite $2000 royal and $2750 Edge Villa. 

 

Too much for our bankroll 

 

happy crusing 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

Edited by miched

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, miched said:

 

We are on the same cruise and got pricing for the move up.  Our prices are a little lower as it depends on where your starting point is.  The prices for our move up  are pp and additonal to what you already paid.  We are in AQ and our move up to SS is $1000 pp.  $1500 X suite $2000 royal and $2750 Edge Villa. 

 

Too much for our bankroll 

 

happy crusing 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

Interesting... Do you know how the email was titled? I get so many emails from them that I ignore - I hope I'm not missing a good Move Up offer. 🙂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We booked on-board right after they opened up booking, and paid $3,629 USD with all taxes, for a  Concierge with 2 perks, and an additional $150 On-Board Booking Credit. Because we had originally booked the March 17th cruise. which was later cancelled due to it being chartered to the Atlantis Cruise, we also have an additional $350 OBC. (Just as a comparison, the same cabin booked today would be $6,970 with all four perks - WOW!!! And and an Aqua guarantee is going for $7,870, or $450 extra per person.)

 

We are on a B2B, in the same cabin, so wouldn't be upgrading, but I was curious to see what the difference was, so I went to 

 

https://www.celebritycruises.com/bid-on-cruise-room-upgrade

 

and saw these Minimum - Maximum Bids today (March 3):

$  300 - $  850 aqua

$1300 - $3500 sky

$1800 - $4500 celebrity

$2250 - $5500 royal

$3000 - $9500 edge villa.

 

Also checked on our March 24 Cruise for which we paid $3,597 USD with all taxes, for a  Concierge with 2 perks, and an additional $150 On-Board Booking Credit... and the prices were the same.

 

 

Edited by rakes5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TeeRick said:

Are these the total price or the amount that you would pay above your current cabin price? This might seem expensive but the starting bid prices that you show are pretty good for these suites on Edge if that is the all in price. 

These are the minimum bid per person (first two people in the cabin).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, vtcruising said:

Interesting... Do you know how the email was titled? I get so many emails from them that I ignore - I hope I'm not missing a good Move Up offer. 🙂

 

 

It was “Celebrity Moveup”

 

ypu can also go on the X site and their is a link to move up.  You provide your reservation and etc and to will show what it is if any 

 

happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, miched said:

 

 

It was “Celebrity Moveup”

 

ypu can also go on the X site and their is a link to move up.  You provide your reservation and etc and to will show what it is if any 

 

happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

Thanks for the info!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • SPECIAL EVENT: Q&A with the Quark Expeditions Team!
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...