Help - Greek Isles Handicap Shore Excursions?

akahoser

My family will be on the Star in June 2019 for the 7 day Greek Isles cruise.  Two members of my family have mobility issues requiring the use of canes, a walker, or wheelchairs.  We have looked at the Shore Excursions on NCL's website but none of the descriptions are very helpful.  If you've recently been/are going on the 7 day Greek Isles cruise that has stops in Kotor (Montenegro); Corfu(Greece); Santorini (Greece); Mykonos (Greece); Argostoli, Kefalonia(Greece); Dubrovnik (Croatia) could you please provides some insight as to which excursions they may be able to go on? Thanks! 

12 hours ago, akahoser said:

My family will be on the Star in June 2019 for the 7 day Greek Isles cruise.  Two members of my family have mobility issues requiring the use of canes, a walker, or wheelchairs.  We have looked at the Shore Excursions on NCL's website but none of the descriptions are very helpful.  If you've recently been/are going on the 7 day Greek Isles cruise that has stops in Kotor (Montenegro); Corfu(Greece); Santorini (Greece); Mykonos (Greece); Argostoli, Kefalonia(Greece); Dubrovnik (Croatia) could you please provides some insight as to which excursions they may be able to go on? Thanks! 

we are doing this itinerary in October and have previously visited most

Kotor and Santorini are both tender ports therefore have to consider whether they could access the tender boats

Santorini has the added complication of getting from shore level up to top of cliff

the ships excursions tender to Athionos along the coast where can be picked up by bus

however drops off at top of cliff in Fira so would have to use cable car as walking the donkey path not an option for you-would pass on this port and enjoy views on board 

Mykonos can be either tender or port by ferry and shuttle bus to Mykonos town

however the alley ways backing off from sea front are narrow and uneven

Corfu and Dubrovnik are your best bets for disabled cruisers accessing coaches

I don’t have shore excursion info for you, but I can share what I know about the ports. Kotor and Santorini are tender ports. Some cruise lines allow wheelchairs on them, and others don’t. If you can get ashore in Kotor, your family could wander through the walled city. Santorini requires a cable car ride to reach the town; that might be difficult. Mykonos can be dock or tender. Mykonos Town has very narrow, uneven stoned streets that would be very problematic for wheelchairs and canes. Dubrovnik has tons of stairs, uneven surfaces, and ups and downs to navigate. The other ports I have not been to. 

It might be best to switch to a regular Med cruise; there would be way more accessible shore excursion options like city drives.