MSC Yacht Club, Feb. 16-23 2019 compare to NCL Haven

xznwfd

2 minutes ago, Beamafar said:

I emailed you at the time with the outcome, Cap'n.  The code couldn't be applied in conjunction with the VC discount, unfortunately.

Hope you report back on your Meraviglia trip - we're boarding her in New York in October so I'm especially interested in others' experience onboard.

Ah, I checked my e-mail account again just now and I didn't seem to receive the reply - my apologies if you think I wasn't replying back to you when you wrote to me with the outcome! That's a shame - I think there was a lot of success with those codes albeit perhaps not in conjunction with a large VC discount.

Absolutely will - I enjoy other reports on here immensely so like to 'give back.' Any specific questions in advance I'm happy to make a note of. 😄

It would be great if you could ask the (asst) m'D if he knows who'll be (asst) m'D in YC in October.  Also, if there actually is a sommelier in the YC restaurant?  TIA.

Hope you have a wonderful cruise, Cap'n.

Edited by Beamafar

• 5 weeks later...

Thank you so much for posting this.  Last cruise we were on the NCL Gem and were in the Penthouse Suites Aft.  The cabin was nice (nothing special) but the amenities you get being in a suite were wonderful.. From the butler, the concierge and all the staff in general.  Having had a taste of the "suite life" we booked MSC Splendida for Sept 2020 back in February of this year.  We loved the itinerary (northern Europe) and couldn't find any other cruise line offering the same.  We will be in Deluxe Yacht Club suites on the 15th deck.  Having read your post - I think we all will enjoy the Yacht Club experience.  Thank you again for posting.

• Like 1

loves2crooze, if you liked the Haven (and who wouldn't?) you will LOVE the Yacht Club.  We did them just a year apart so the details were still fresh, and the YC was hands down better all around.  Enjoy!

• Like 2

• 3 months later...

Interesting thread. Appreciate the comments on both the Haven and YC. We board the Bliss next Sunday for a Mexican Riviera cruise in the Haven. The plus is the aft H6 that we booked but I have read a lot of comments that the butler can be MIA in that area due to its location.

This week we booked the YC on the Grandiosa out of Barcelona next spring. It will be interesting to compare the two. 

I’m still trying to figure out what’s included and what we need to book. I figured out that we will need to book an internet package as we are just a few weeks shy of it being included. I did upgrade our drink package this week to PP. Do not want to worry about what is and is not included. 🙂

cruisingator2,

We had an aft suite on NCL and we did see our butler.  However, I will say that our concierge did so much more for us.  She was absolutely wonderful and whenever she saw us, she would ask how things were and if there was anything she could do for us.  

I am hoping the staff of YC are just as accommodating. 

Enjoy!

2 hours ago, loves2crooze said:

cruisingator2,

We had an aft suite on NCL and we did see our butler.  However, I will say that our concierge did so much more for us.  She was absolutely wonderful and whenever she saw us, she would ask how things were and if there was anything she could do for us.  

I am hoping the staff of YC are just as accommodating. 

Enjoy!

Thank you.🙂. We’re excited about the cruise. I will post some comments as to,how it goes. 

On 9/28/2019 at 12:45 PM, cruisingator2 said:

The plus is the aft H6 that we booked but I have read a lot of comments that the butler can be MIA in that area due to its location.

Dear C2, Found the butler has 12 H6 cabins to service on 6 decks on the Breakaway this summer. He gave us his cell phone number when we needed anything. Tipped him each time service was rendered. YC butler was omnipresent, over tipped.

Edited by rattanchair
additional info

Good to hear such positive and encouraging  comments about your YC experience!  I read a later post (from a gentleman who had a virtual BTB on two different MSC ships but both were YC) that was very detailed and much less favorable about the entire experience, but especially the inferior quality of MSC’s food.  

We’ll be sailing next June on the new Grandiosa with five other family members in YC to celebrate our 50th wedding anniversary.  We’ve been planning on this since last year and had high hopes it would be fantastic!  After reading your review, I’m once again encouraged that it will be a memorable and positive cruise!!!

Thank you!!

Just a caveat. In 'small talk' with our exceptional YC Seaside butler, he told us that service was NOT as we were experiencing, the first several months of sailing of the Seaside. We recall reading on these CC reviews a memorable poster who said a week in his garage would exceed a week he had on the Seaside. Our butler was of the same opinion. He said it took everyone many weeks to work together to get to the high level of service they now provide YC guests.