Celebrity Eclipse: Skysuite S2 or Family Veranda??

Dreamcruise27

Here is my dilemma: we are cruising with our DS who is 3 years old and currently booked in a concierge cabin. A family veranda and a sky suite came available for a reasonable price, so I'm trying to decide which room to change to! Family veranda is ideal because of the two separate bedrooms but I don't know when we will be cruising again so I would LOVE to experience the "suite life"...

For those of you who have traveled with children or with 3 or more people in a sky suite: is it noticeably bigger than a regular balcony room? I'm wondering how much of the extra square footage is taken up by the bathtub/bigger bathroom. Because our DS still naps, we spend at least 2 hours during the day and retire early in the evenings to our stateroom. We have 5 sea days, so I feel like we will be spending a lot of time in the stateroom. Is there any way to put up a partition so we can separate the bed and the living area?? I wonder if they would let me hang a curtain wall to wall somehow...

The Sky Suite that is available is 2128, which is located below the Oceanview Cafe. I've done my research and the complaints about the noise from above seems to range from not too bad to so disturbing that the occupants did not enjoy their cruise at all! Should I not take the risk of booking this suite in case the noise is unbearable? Any way to dull the noise in the stateroom??

Please share your wisdom and experience with me!!

Thank you 🙂

Family Veranda without hesitation. A child that gets a normal nap in a quiet room is a happier child. 2128 is not a quiet cabin

Edited by awhfy
  • Like 1

I would go with the Suite.  The FV is just basically just a bigger cabin with a separate bedroom.  Nothing more.  The suite is alot larger than a regular cabin with alot of storage but not as large as the FV.  You also get access to Luminae, Michaels Club and possibly the new retreat area depending on what ship and when you sail.  A tub to bathe your son in.  The butler will come in handy for any special requests/needs for your son as well.

We've sailed in a SS under the OVC, and while a little noticeable, it wasn't anything that kept me awake or would prevent me from booking that cabin again.  Extra CC points too.  A FV only gets you veranda points.  

Are the 4 perks being included with the SS or are they an additional upcharge for the sailing you're considering?

13 minutes ago, Want2Cruise 701 said:

I would go with the Suite.  The FV is just basically just a bigger cabin with a separate bedroom.  Nothing more.  The suite is alot larger than a regular cabin with alot of storage but not as large as the FV.  You also get access to Luminae, Michaels Club and possibly the new retreat area depending on what ship and when you sail.  A tub to bathe your son in.  The butler will come in handy for any special requests/needs for your son as well.

We've sailed in a SS under the OVC, and while a little noticeable, it wasn't anything that kept me awake or would prevent me from booking that cabin again.  Extra CC points too.  A FV only gets you veranda points.  

Are the 4 perks being included with the SS or are they an additional upcharge for the sailing you're considering?

The 4 perks are included with the SS, which makes it a better deal than the FV when looking at it from a financial perspective. Only downside is the fact that we won't have separate rooms. I'm glad to hear that the suite is a lot larger than a regular cabin because we will be traveling with a car seat and a stroller and I know it will be VERY tight in a regular size cabin!

The FV is huge.  With a small bedroom suitable for a  a master bedroom and a large living area so considerably more space and privacy than a SS.  

The benefits of a SS are access to Michaels Club and dining in Luminae.   Since you have a 3 year old with you dinner in Luminae may be too long for him unless you hire a sitter for him and the 2 of you dine in Luminae.  Not sure if you would use Michaels Club.  

For us it ould be the FV.

The FV is huge.  With a small bedroom suitable for a  a master bedroom and a large living area so considerably more space and privacy than a SS.  

The benefits of a SS are access to Michaels Club and dining in Luminae.   Since you have a 3 year old with you dinner in Luminae may be too long for him unless you hire a sitter for him and the 2 of you dine in Luminae.  Not sure if you would use Michaels Club.  

For us it ould be the FV.

The first line should have read a small bedroom suitable for a child or 2 and a master bedroom...