Movies on Reflection?

Nymich

Can anyone who has recently traveled on the Reflection help with a few movie questions?  I say recently because things like this change and/or get cut all the time.

Does Celebrity have movies on this ship and if so when and where?

Does Celebrity offer movies in room free and if for a fee what  do they charge?

We have been away on HAL and are spoiled because they have tons of newer and other films for free in room.   More than you can watch!

Thanks!

We were on Reflection last week.  Movies are shown in theatre during the day and on the lawn later in evening.  Current titles that I remember are Christopher Robin, Bohemian Rhapsody, Mission Impossible, Beauty and the Beast, Papillon. They do offer some current  movies in room free in addition to some on demand for a fee.   Hope this helps.  

Edited by cruisefan123

OP is not kidding about HAL!  We did 2 weeks over the holidays and was not able to watch them all and I love to watch movies in the cabin.  I am kind of not looking forward to that aspect of X on our Reflection cruise this Nov.  But I know other things will make up for it.

28 minutes ago, cruisefan123 said:

We were on Reflection last week.  Movies are shown in theatre during the day and on the lawn later in evening.  Current titles that I remember are Christopher Robin, Bohemian Rhapsody, Mission Impossible, Beauty and the Beast, Papillon. They do offer some current  movies in room free in addition to some on demand for a fee.   Hope this helps.  

It helps a great deal......a few more questions of course lol

Are the movies they show in the theatre and on the lawn also availiable in the room and secondly does the fee vary for what you buy in the cabin.    Thanks again

24 minutes ago, Muushka said:

OP is not kidding about HAL!  We did 2 weeks over the holidays and was not able to watch them all and I love to watch movies in the cabin.  I am kind of not looking forward to that aspect of X on our Reflection cruise this Nov.  But I know other things will make up for it.

I always say that none of the lines we have cruised are the best at everything!   In this case and at this point HAL was pretty cool if you like a good movie!   I see it the same way as you there are reasons we do Celebrity and reasons we do HAL and reasons we do MSC and on and on and on...…….Funny thing is it is a different set of reasons for all of them!  

I am always amazed when I see people doing 20, 25 cruises on one line.  We just aren't THAT loyal.

• Like 1

We sailed on the Reflection for 14 nights in January 2019.  There were a lot of good free movies in the cabin (at least 10) as well as free movies in Celebrity Central and outside on deck 15.  On a sea day, Bohemian Rhapsody was shown in the big theater during the afternoon- hundreds of people attended.  Two other Oscar nominated films were shown for free at various times: The Wife and Can You Ever Forgive Me?  We also sailed on the Equinox in January- February 2019.  The movie selection of free movies was dismal.  I don’t know who is responsible for selecting the movies - perhaps the cruise director.  Eddie Jenkins was our cruise Director on the Reflection.  Simon was the cruise Director on the Equinox.

37 minutes ago, hurwitz5 said:

We also sailed on the Equinox in January- February 2019.  The movie selection of free movies was dismal. 

Did Equinox also show movies in the theater and on the lawn ?

The Equinox had some movies in the small theater- Celebrity Central,  and on the lawn. I don’t recall if they showed any movies in the big theater.  In fairness, the Equinox was a 7 night cruise with only 2 sea days.  Perhaps someone else on the cc boards has a current listing of movies that are offered on the Equinox.  The Reflection was 14 nights with 5 sea days.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, hurwitz5 said:

We sailed on the Reflection for 14 nights in January 2019.  There were a lot of good free movies in the cabin (at least 10) as well as free movies in Celebrity Central and outside on deck 15.  On a sea day, Bohemian Rhapsody was shown in the big theater during the afternoon- hundreds of people attended.  Two other Oscar nominated films were shown for free at various times: The Wife and Can You Ever Forgive Me?  We also sailed on the Equinox in January- February 2019.  The movie selection of free movies was dismal.  I don’t know who is responsible for selecting the movies - perhaps the cruise director.  Eddie Jenkins was our cruise Director on the Reflection.  Simon was the cruise Director on the Equinox.

Thanks for the update.  Did they also have Bohemian Rhapsody in the cabin?

The Equinox did not have Bohemian Rhapsody in the cabin for free - don’t recall if it was pay for view.  There were about 5 free movies in the cabin - ones that I had never heard of, and I am a frequent movie goer.  I don’t recall if Bohemian Rhapsody was playing in the cabin on the Reflection. It is a “big” movie which is better viewed on a big screen.  People who saw it in the big theater loved it.  I had previously seen it in the movies.  

4 hours ago, hurwitz5 said:

The Equinox had some movies in the small theater- Celebrity Central,  and on the lawn. I don’t recall if they showed any movies in the big theater.  In fairness, the Equinox was a 7 night cruise with only 2 sea days.  Perhaps someone else on the cc boards has a current listing of movies that are offered on the Equinox.  The Reflection was 14 nights with 5 sea days.

Movies on the Equinox were shown in Celebrity Central.  They included. Mission Impossible, Jurassic World, Mamma Mia,  Bohemian Rhapsody, and  Venom. No movies in the Theater or on the Lawn.  I did not bother watching anything on the tv in the stateroom as the quality of the picture was not the best.  The Samsungs are getting old and tired....

On Edge..they showed Bohemian R in the theater and  on the Rooftop area.,

In room for free was VERY limited,..and the pay movies were around $20.. 

X used to offer so much more for no charge!

No one buys movies (regular or adult) anymore in hotels.  Hotel rooms used to have a captive audience for content. 

Nowadays, everyone brings their own content on their phones or tablets or uses streaming services.