Muir woods, Sausalito, Redwoods

Hi,

Heading to the California coast soon and we are looking for a private tour for Muir wood trip from San Fran. Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks

Edited by music
spelling

• 1 month later...
On 3/3/2019 at 9:58 PM, music said:

Hi,

Heading to the California coast soon and we are looking for a private tour for Muir wood trip from San Fran. Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks

We booked through Viator with Dylan’s Tours for small group tour of Muir Woods and San Francisco for next October. Meeting point is Fisherman’s Wharf, about a mile from the cruise terminal according to Google, so we plan to get a cab if needed to get there for 9:30 a.m. 

• Like 1

I did a Big Bus Muir Woods tour, booked through Viator. Not a "private" tour, but a fairly small group. Also met around Fisherman's Wharf. It was really good. Comfy vehicle. Great driver. Muir Woods is absolutely breathtaking. 

cloverose - do you know what pier you're docking at? It's actually a very easy, flat walk along the Embarcadero to Fisherman's Wharf. Should only take about 10-15 minutes if you have the time.

5 hours ago, lab_love123 said:

I did a Big Bus Muir Woods tour, booked through Viator. Not a "private" tour, but a fairly small group. Also met around Fisherman's Wharf. It was really good. Comfy vehicle. Great driver. Muir Woods is absolutely breathtaking. 

cloverose - do you know what pier you're docking at? It's actually a very easy, flat walk along the Embarcadero to Fisherman's Wharf. Should only take about 10-15 minutes if you have the time.

Thanks, lab_love123! We do not know which pier NCL uses in San Francisco and I could not find it online. We have not sailed NCL before but wanted to try them as the time suited our schedule. I googled the directions. We will walk if we have the time when we are allowed to exit the ship. Walking along the Embarcadero sounds like a fun way to see the sights along the way! We are excited to see Muir Woods and some of San Francisco as we have never been there before. So glad your tour was really good!

• Like 1

@cloverose if you are the only ship in, you will use Pier 27...the Cruise Ship Terminal. If more than one ship, you could be at Pier 35.

A quick Google search ("San Francisco Cruise Ship schedule") finds a couple of lists of ships in port. For example:

https://sfport.com/sites/default/files/Cruises/Docs/2019.pdf

http://crew-center.com/san-francisco-california-cruise-ships-schedule-2019

As we don't know what date you are in SF, can't give you the final answer.

23 minutes ago, CruiserBruce said:

@cloverose if you are the only ship in, you will use Pier 27...the Cruise Ship Terminal. If more than one ship, you could be at Pier 35.

A quick Google search ("San Francisco Cruise Ship schedule") finds a couple of lists of ships in port. For example:

https://sfport.com/sites/default/files/Cruises/Docs/2019.pdf

http://crew-center.com/san-francisco-california-cruise-ships-schedule-2019

As we don't know what date you are in SF, can't give you the final answer.

Thanks, CruiserBruce! Your first link gave the pier as 27 for NCL Joy on Oct. 9. The second one is the one I saw yesterday but did not see the pier listed and did not know the schedule for two or more ships. 

21 hours ago, lab_love123 said:

Viator is a reseller in CA so any of the tours they offer are a resale of someone else. They resell Dylan's Famous Tours, which is a nice one. It is a 7 hour tour and includes a drive-by overview of SF before heading to Muir Woods.

Do check the time of the tours. I saw one on Viator that looked good at first glance, only $85, but given the tour is only 3 1/2 hours, you must only get 15 minutes or so in the woods.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, scottca075 said:

Viator is a reseller in CA so any of the tours they offer are a resale of someone else. They resell Dylan's Famous Tours, which is a nice one. 

Correct. The tour company I used was “Big Bus Tours,” a tour company with outposts in many major US cities.