Carnival Ship Cameos in TV Shows and Movies

Tiger0613

I was watching a review of Power Rangers Time Force, and I think I saw the Carnival Spirit in the background.  Unfortunately I can't find any confirmation of that on here or Google.

The episode the clip is from, Time For Lightspeed, originally aired 9/29/01.  I could see the bottom half of the red and blue funnel.  The ship had alternating regular and extended balconies.

Can anyone confirm it was the Spirit in that episode?  I'm pretty sure it was, but I would still like someone else to confirm that if possible.  Also, what other Carnival ships have appeared in TV shows and movies?

Was Out to Sea a Carnival ship?  I love that movie.  I think they used a Carnival ship for an episode of Columbo - not sure that I ever saw a ship designation on that one, but it looked like a Carnival ship of the time.  Growing up near Long Beach, I've seen the Queen Mary in a lot of things.

26 minutes ago, MeganGC1983 said:

Every Saturday morning, we watch Jeff Corwin’s Ocean Treks. They are all filmed while he travels aboard a CCL or sister line ship. 

So do I. I Think it was one of those that got me interested in stingray city.

Edited by Saint Greg
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Crusin Hogs said:

That was filmed on The Breeze 

It definitely  says Dream in the clip I posted and carnival definitely uses Dream as the answer to that question in trivia.

Edited by Saint Greg
  • Like 1

41 minutes ago, Crusin Hogs said:

That was filmed on The Breeze 

Incorrect....it was filmed on the Dream.  

Filmed During Caribbean Cruise on Carnival Dream Last Week. Fox 2000 Pictures began production on ALVIN AND THE CHIPMUNKS: CHIPWRECKED!, the third installment of the blockbuster movie franchise, on January 22 during a Caribbean cruise on the Carnival Dream, the newest and largest ship in Carnival Cruise Lines' fleet.Feb 2, 2011

Edited by bingomamma19

3 hours ago, fabby50 said:

Was Out to Sea a Carnival ship?  I love that movie.  I think they used a Carnival ship for an episode of Columbo - not sure that I ever saw a ship designation on that one, but it looked like a Carnival ship of the time.  Growing up near Long Beach, I've seen the Queen Mary in a lot of things.

Was the HAL westerdamm, went on it to Alaska 

23 hours ago, fabby50 said:

No I love that movie though.