Carnival Glory - Dining Questions

Tx2Ia

Hello,

This is our first time cruising on Carnival and I have a couple of questions.  If we are doing YTD, will a dining room still be assigned to us?  Also, I would like to know what the free items are on the Room Service menu.  Can anyone tell me that or does anyone have a screenshot of a menu?

Thank you!

4 hours ago, Tx2Ia said:

Also, I would like to know what the free items are on the Room Service menu.

I've never had to pay a dime extra for anything on a MDR Menu.

If we order drinks (hard or soft)

they need your card to charge your S&S account

- but the food is all "free" (i.e. you pre-paid for it already)

Food-581.jpg

35 minutes ago, Aplmac said:

I've never had to pay a dime extra for anything on a MDR Menu.

If we order drinks (hard or soft)

they need your card to charge your S&S account

- but the food is all "free" (i.e. you pre-paid for it already)

Key words here are "Room Service".

Just now, Garth2 said:

Key words here are "Room Service".  ===> No.

In fourteen cruises,

we have never even considered Room Service.

That's for sick ppl who simply can't make it to the food source!

This is what room service ends up looking like....

Wreckage-350.jpg

In cruising on another line, they did not allow trays outside the door, they came and got them which I like better.  We primarily used it for coffee first thing in the morning while getting ready.  But I thought we might want to take advantage at some point.

On 3/4/2019 at 11:29 AM, Tx2Ia said:

Hello,

This is our first time cruising on Carnival and I have a couple of questions.  If we are doing YTD, will a dining room still be assigned to us?  Also, I would like to know what the free items are on the Room Service menu.  Can anyone tell me that or does anyone have a screenshot of a menu?

Thank you!

Just got off the Glory last Thursday. We always do early dining, so I can't help you about YTD.  They only charge for room service between 10 PM and 6 AM. We used room service on the day I injured my foot. I ordered a BLT which came with potato chips and a pickle spear. I also ordered 2 bananas. It arrived very promptly and was very good. And no charge. We did tip the young lady who brought it to our cabin.

1 hour ago, TNMIMI6 said:

Just got off the Glory last Thursday. We always do early dining, so I can't help you about YTD.  They only charge for room service between 10 PM and 6 AM. We used room service on the day I injured my foot. I ordered a BLT which came with potato chips and a pickle spear. I also ordered 2 bananas. It arrived very promptly and was very good. And no charge. We did tip the young lady who brought it to our cabin.

Hi TNMIMI6, I would also love to see any FunTimes.  But since you just got off of the Glory, can you tell me if it has metal walls?  I don't want to pack a bunch of magnetic things if they are not.  If you post a review or have any tips to share, I would love to follow them.

Thank you!!!

If TNMIMI6 doesn't have the fun times - I have them.  The ship has moved to NO, so obviously mine would be from when it was in Miami though.

I did notice that people put stuff on their doors.  Some used tape and it seemed some used magnets.

6 hours ago, Cruising Kinder Teacher said:

TNMIMI6 Do you happen to have pictures of the Fun Times that you could share??  Thank you ! 

I do have the Fun Times for the whole cruise. Since it was a Journeys cruise, some things will not be applicable as some things are done especially for a Journey cruise. I intend to do review and will hopefully start it on Thursday. Our cruise was 2-16 through 2-28, so I am still unpacking, doing laundry, etc.

5 hours ago, Tx2Ia said:

Hi TNMIMI6, I would also love to see any FunTimes.  But since you just got off of the Glory, can you tell me if it has metal walls?  I don't want to pack a bunch of magnetic things if they are not.  If you post a review or have any tips to share, I would love to follow them.

Thank you!!!

Yes the walls are metal. I used command strips for my door decorations, though.