Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
Mommawo

Right decision with the upgrade fairy ?

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

A week from sailing and the upgrade fairly called. We were in the cheapest of the cheap 2324 on the Dream. Offer was for 350 dollars and room 

6262 a balcony unobstructed view.   I did I get a good deal?  Please tell me it was a good move 😆 

 

Edited by Mommawo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sounds good to me!!! Plus you can join the balcony club now 🤣 

See ya Sunday!! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Ericas85 said:

Sounds good to me!!! Plus you can join the balcony club now 🤣 

See ya Sunday!! 

I was gonna reply to something of yours about that 😂 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Mommawo said:

I was gonna reply to something of yours about that 😂 

I don’t have to borrow yours now 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Mommawo said:

I don’t have to borrow yours now 

🤣🤣 Right!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Mommawo said:

Offer was for 350 dollars and room 

 

 

350 and a room does this mean you paid 350 for the upgrade?  and what does and a room mean.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you are paying under $670 per person for a regular balcony on a 7 day cruise, then yes you got a deal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, TXBBQDUDE said:

350 and a room does this mean you paid 350 for the upgrade?  and what does and a room mean.  

That was a typo the upgrade was 350 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Mommawo said:

That was a typo the upgrade was 350 

Thanks for the reply back enjoy your room at 350 for two that is only adding $25 per person per day not bad if you ask me.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If thats per room I think its a pretty good deal. Not sure what your room history his, but for us its balcony or nothing, we love them!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, elcuchio24 said:

If thats per room I think its a pretty good deal. Not sure what your room history his, but for us its balcony or nothing, we love them!

Yup per room not person.  We booked a year ago and kept looking to see if there was a price drop and never found one always went up by a hundred or even 2 hundred per person when I checked.  Don’t remember original price but new one is 804 per person so original one should have been 629 I’m thinking with the price difference of new price.  Probably not bad for a full size balcony with no obstruction to view. I can’t do a mock booking to see because cruise doesn’t even show up at all now online when I try 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Mommawo said:

Yup per room not person.  We booked a year ago and kept looking to see if there was a price drop and never found one always went up by a hundred or even 2 hundred per person when I checked.  Don’t remember original price but new one is 804 per person so original one should have been 629 I’m thinking with the price difference of new price.  Probably not bad for a full size balcony with no obstruction to view. I can’t do a mock booking to see because cruise doesn’t even show up at all now online when I try 

 

I would be incredible surprised if you're disappointed :-) Enjoy!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2 ppl in your cabin or 4?  I got an upsale from an interior to a ocean view a while back on the Valor 5 Night with 4 ppl.  It was something like 220 for the room... that was a good deal - about 11/person/day  for a larger room with a window.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Mommawo said:

A week from sailing and the upgrade fairly called. We were in the cheapest of the cheap 2324 on the Dream. Offer was for 350 dollars and room 

6262 a balcony unobstructed view.   I did I get a good deal?  Please tell me it was a good move 😆 

 

 For me it would depend on how much I had already spent for the inside cabin, and the number of cruise days. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It doesn't matter what anyone else thinks.if you feel like it was a good deal that's all that matters.ive never had a balcony.i did go ocean view this round but my wife has no interest in balconies due to smokers.i did get one for an up coming msc cruise though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, scpirate said:

It doesn't matter what anyone else thinks.if you feel like it was a good deal that's all that matters.ive never had a balcony.i did go ocean view this round but my wife has no interest in balconies due to smokers.i did get one for an up coming msc cruise though.

 

Your opinion is all that matters. These days when we get a balcony we find we spend little time out there as we are out and about almost all the time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

To the OP, I think you got a great deal to move up to a balcony.  We like to book a balcony whenever possible, because you never know when it might come in handy.  Sometimes it's crowded on top deck, and just want to chill and relax outside when docked at port and people watch, eat a meal, or even take a nap, lol.  If it makes you and yours happy then I say for that price difference between inside and balcony, it's well worth it.  Also might enjoy being a little closer to things on deck 6 vs deck 2.  Hope you have a great time, we love the Breeze!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, 13cheermom said:

To the OP, I think you got a great deal to move up to a balcony.  We like to book a balcony whenever possible, because you never know when it might come in handy.  Sometimes it's crowded on top deck, and just want to chill and relax outside when docked at port and people watch, eat a meal, or even take a nap, lol.  If it makes you and yours happy then I say for that price difference between inside and balcony, it's well worth it.  Also might enjoy being a little closer to things on deck 6 vs deck 2.  Hope you have a great time, we love the Breeze!

Thank you.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 Probably contrary to most people we spend a lot of time on our balcony - especially people watching if facing the dock or reading or just watching the ocean and reading when in a port we have been to many times.  I think you made a great decision.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, pe4all said:

 Probably contrary to most people we spend a lot of time on our balcony - especially people watching if facing the dock or reading or just watching the ocean and reading when in a port we have been to many times.  I think you made a great decision.

 

1 hour ago, pe4all said:

 Probably contrary to most people we spend a lot of time on our balcony - especially people watching if facing the dock or reading or just watching the ocean and reading when in a port we have been to many times.  I think you made a great decision.

One of me favorite things to do when at a beach vacation is coffee in the morning on the balcony. Love watching the ocean.  I think we will probably use it as well.  Thanks !! As we get older we enjoy people watching as well 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, pe4all said:

 Probably contrary to most people we spend a lot of time on our balcony - especially people watching if facing the dock or reading or just watching the ocean and reading when in a port we have been to many times.  I think you made a great decision.

 

1 hour ago, pe4all said:

 Probably contrary to most people we spend a lot of time on our balcony - especially people watching if facing the dock or reading or just watching the ocean and reading when in a port we have been to many times.  I think you made a great decision.

One of me favorite things to do when at a beach vacation is coffee in the morning on the balcony. Love watching the ocean.  I think we will probably use it as well.  Thanks !! As we get older we enjoy people watching as well 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Q&A: Cruise Insurance with Steve Dasseos of TripInsuranceStore.com
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...