MedallionNet rollout schedule announced

dides

Princess have announced a rollout schedule for more of their ships, which is now separated out from the full Ocean Medallion activation schedule.

According to their press release, Regal Princess, Caribbean Princess, Royal Princess and Ruby Princess already have it and the following ships will be rolled out:

• Coral Princess – from 5th April 2019
  • Island Princess – from 15th May 2019
  • Crown Princess – from 30th June 2019
  • Emerald Princess – from 3rd August 2019
  • Sky Princess – from 20th October 2019
  • Golden Princess – from 20th December 2019

Ocean Medallion full activation is still scheduled for Royal Princess on 13th April, Crown Princess on 24th July and Sky Princess when it launches on 20th October.

Nice. It should be up and running for our TA on Emerald in November. If it works properly it will be the first time I've ever had decent Internet service on a cruise.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Thrak said:

Nice. It should be up and running for our TA on Emerald in November. If it works properly it will be the first time I've ever had decent Internet service on a cruise.

A functioning MedallionNet Cruise is a great thing. I’m betting it will make you smile!

We are on the Emerald in October so this is wonderful news. For my money the MN component of the overall OM system is the best part. The other components are “nice to have” but the MN is “need to have”. 

34 minutes ago, DDG 41 said:

Do you mean Medallion.Net as indicated in the title ?

Or, Ocean Medallion ?

That information was included in today’s news release for MedallionNet & also included dates for OceanMedallion:

OceanMedallionTM will launch on Royal Princess on April 13, followed by Crown Princess on July 24 and will be featured on Sky Princess beginning October 12

http://phoenix.corporate-ir.net/phoenix.zhtml?c=140690&p=irol-newsArticle&ID=2389970

Edited by Astro Flyer

34 minutes ago, DDG 41 said:

Do you mean Medallion.Net as indicated in the title ?

Or, Ocean Medallion ?

Yes, MedallionNet rollout schedule as indicated in the title.  The Ocean Medallion schedule is much shorter and referenced at the bottom of the post

8 minutes ago, Astro Flyer said:

That information was included in today’s news release for MedallionNet & also included dates for OceanMedallion:

OceanMedallionTM will launch on Royal Princess on April 13, followed by Crown Princess on July 24 and will be featured on Sky Princess beginning October 12

http://phoenix.corporate-ir.net/phoenix.zhtml?c=140690&p=irol-newsArticle&ID=2389970

That's interesting - we only got October 20 for Sky Princess in our press release for the inaugural cruise and not the date when it leaves the shipyard. If they are annoucing that date then there might be a preview cruise or two planned for the 8 days in between (well it has to get from Monfalcone to Athens).

Edited by dides

5 minutes ago, dides said:

That's interesting - we only got October 20 for Sky Princess in our press release for the inaugural cruise and not the date when it leaves the shipyard. If they are annoucing that date then there might be a preview cruise or two planned for the 8 days in between (well it has to get from Monfalcone to Athens).

That is her inaugural cruise. It will already be installed during the build so no real rollout other than the first cruise.

9 minutes ago, Colo Cruiser said:

That is her inaugural cruise. It will already be installed during the build so no real rollout other than the first cruise.

Just speculating if they will add a preview cruise for fare-paying passengers before the inaugural like they did for Majestic Princess. I managed to go on both cruises so this is the first whisper of a possibility that the Sky might follow the same pattern.  Plus Enchanted Princess has a separate preview and inaugural cruise already.

Edited by dides

Let's see:  I was on the Caribbean Princess almost 18 months ago.  It said it "would have" Medallion.  Did not happen.

Let's see:   I have an upcoming cruise on the Ruby.  It says it has Medallion, but not 100%.  Doors maybe, internet maybe.  Need to rely on Princess at Sea because Ocean Ready will not be functioning.

I guess I've given up on Princess' update to Medallion TBD.  When and if, then.

15 minutes ago, dides said:

Just speculating if they will add a preview cruise for fare-paying passengers before the inaugural like they did for Majestic Princess. I managed to go on both cruises so this is the first whisper of a possibility that the Sky might follow the same pattern.  Plus Enchanted Princess has a separate preview and inaugural cruise already.

I see this more once new ships gets to Florida.

I think for the Sky there is a 3 day for TA's/VIP's etc in Ft Lauderdale.

3 hours ago, dides said:

It will be interesting to see when internet packages will be updated from the current purchase of minutes.

46 minutes ago, cr8tiv1 said:

Let's see:  I was on the Caribbean Princess almost 18 months ago.  It said it "would have" Medallion.  Did not happen.

Let's see:   I have an upcoming cruise on the Ruby.  It says it has Medallion, but not 100%.  Doors maybe, internet maybe.  Need to rely on Princess at Sea because Ocean Ready will not be functioning.

I guess I've given up on Princess' update to Medallion TBD.  When and if, then.

Agree...they've been overhyping it for over 2 years and don’t recall any initial goals being met...too many unfulfilled promises. 🙄

4 minutes ago, rkacruiser said:

Please be tolerant of my ignorance, but what is the difference between MedallionNet and Ocean Medallion?

Ocean Medallion is the entire ship wide experience. 

https://www.princess.com/ships-and-experience/ocean-medallion/

Medallion Net is a component within OM. It is the WiFi component. It is fast, fast, super fast. And very affordable. This screen capture is from a recent CB Caribbean sailing done from our far aft cabin. 

86E6CF26-2696-49B5-94FD-3B4A4A735FCF.jpeg

9 minutes ago, rkacruiser said:

Please be tolerant of my ignorance, but what is the difference between MedallionNet and Ocean Medallion?

I’m like you...too many terms & here’s my understanding. 😉

• OceanMedallion: the device we carry
  • MedallionNet: the new & improved internet access system
  • MedallionClass: a term that describes the entire system with all of the other terms under it

Here’s a link explaining all of the various functions of the new system:

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Ep010835 said:

Ocean Medallion is the entire ship wide experience. 

Medallion Net is a component within OM. It is the WiFi component. It is fast, fast, super fast. And very affordable. This screen capture is from a recent CB Caribbean sailing done from our far aft cabin. 

That webpage describes the entire system as MedallionClass and the OceanMedallion as:

“The complimentary OceanMedallion™ is the size of a quarter and can be worn in a variety of ways: in a clip, sportsband, bracelet, or pendant. It’s your key to opening doors: to your stateroom and a world of possibilities aboard your ship”.

505B7DEA-35FB-4799-95B2-3F5F1407D0E3.jpeg

Edited by Astro Flyer

7 hours ago, dides said:

Princess have announced a rollout schedule for more of their ships, which is now separated out from the full Ocean Medallion activation schedule.

According to their press release, Regal Princess, Caribbean Princess, Royal Princess and Ruby Princess already have it and the following ships will be rolled out:

Ocean Medallion full activation is still scheduled for Royal Princess on 13th April, Crown Princess on 24th July and Sky Princess when it launches on 20th October.

Do you know what the schedule is for the Majestic? When she was built was she wired for the Ocean Medallion?

Tom😀

4 hours ago, trbarton said:

Do you know what the schedule is for the Majestic? When she was built was she wired for the Ocean Medallion?

Tom😀

Majestic has never been mentioned in terms of Medallion rollout - it would have made sense for her to have been wired for it but she was designed for the Chinese market originally which may not be top of their list.

13 hours ago, azdmelani said:

Interesting.  Thanks for the information.  I'm sailing the Royal Princess in May and have not received any communication about Ocean Medallion.

If the Internet purchase options are up-to-date in the Personalizer, you would not be offered Princess Connect which is the old, slow Internet instead of the upgraded MedallionNet system.

5 hours ago, caribill said:

If the Internet purchase options are up-to-date in the Personalizer, you would not be offered Princess Connect which is the old, slow Internet instead of the upgraded MedallionNet system.

image.png.2be4ac4bd42403474574a80c10d49984.png

Guess we are!  Thanks 🙂