Cheers Program and Non-Alcoholic and Alcoholic Drinks

Kudos2Fly

It's been a while since being on a 7 day cruise.  We are not big drinkers but I do like my wine at night and we may have two drinks each pre-night along with water. Does the Cheers program include bottle water? Also what is the drink prices going for these days. Say we have a Wine, Whiskey or a "Mix Drink" once or twice a day. We are not into mix drinks as much any more. 

Alchemy had drinks were $12.92 with the additional gratuity. I think my pin a colada was a dollar or 2 less. Each guest 21+ can carry on one bottle of wine, so take that into consideration. With just 3 alcoholic drinks+water, you are better off just paying for each. Especially if your cruise is port intensive and you won't be on the ship during the day.

Oh, I bought carnival gift cards off AARP(you do not have to be a member) for 10% off and went to guest services and had them applied to my account. In this way you can "prepay" for drinks at a 10% savings.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Kudos2Fly said:

It's been a while since being on a 7 day cruise.  We are not big drinkers but I do like my wine at night and we may have two drinks each pre-night along with water. Does the Cheers program include bottle water? Also what is the drink prices going for these days. Say we have a Wine, Whiskey or a "Mix Drink" once or twice a day. We are not into mix drinks as much any more. 

I'm not a big advocate of Cheers, but if you do 2 glasses of wine with each meal (around $20), two better martinis or higher end whisky/whiskey (another $20 or more), plus several bottled waters (we drink ship water) and maybe a specialty coffee or 2 in the morning and you might come close to breaking even.

If you only have 1 glass each with dinner and the two drinks each night was one each, then I would just purchase a la carte.

Wow, thanks for all the posts. I normally budget 2 adult drinks between my husband and I. We get bottles of water I have to say we are "snobs" when it comes to the water. We are totally fine with Carnival Coffee. So I will just have to add the average cost of drinks. We can bring on two wine bottles so that helps...

20 hours ago, Kudos2Fly said:

Wow, thanks for all the posts. I normally budget 2 adult drinks between my husband and I. We get bottles of water I have to say we are "snobs" when it comes to the water. We are totally fine with Carnival Coffee. So I will just have to add the average cost of drinks. We can bring on two wine bottles so that helps...

I share this post all the time. it's the spreadsheet that can help you calculate. 

Carnival Vista Cheers Evaluator 2018-08-02.xls

• Like 1

18 hours ago, ricew001 said:

I share this post all the time. it's the spreadsheet that can help you calculate. 

Carnival Vista Cheers Evaluator 2018-08-02.xls

Thank you for this... Looks like the Cheers program will be more expensive for us... So not worth it. I like to have a few more drinks then I normally do on vacations, but not that much. It would be $250 dollars cheaper not to have the Cheers program.

5 minutes ago, Kudos2Fly said:

Thank you for this... Looks like the Cheers program will be more expensive for us... So not worth it. I like to have a few more drinks then I normally do on vacations, but not that much. It would be $250 dollars cheaper not to have the Cheers program.

You are very welcome. Data helps make good decisions 🙂

Our recent cruises have been shorter so it's been pretty easy to go with it. But I am planning one for our 30th anniversary that will be longer and will have to closely consider if Cheers is worth it then.