Equinox Revolution

toohoos

So tiny I can't read them. Those who can decipher, please comment on any changes you can see. I do know the new suites are being installed on the port side of Sky Lounge as they are on Reflection. I believe the library is still there, right? We have 9294 booked for July. Anything changed on the slant balcony cabins?

That's been up for a few days. Only notable differences I see are:

• Sky Lounge reconfigured for suites by removing some existing open space (giant suite 4101??) and removing conference rooms.
  • Solstice Deck will be the Retreat Deck.
  • Quasar is now "The Gathering Space" 
  • Cellar Masters space is labeled "Craft Social"
  • The Lawn has a movie screen
  • Art Gallery and Photo Gallery may be changing? Unidentified open space in front of World Class Bar with the current Photo Gallery now labeled the Art Gallery
  • Card Room on deck 9 is replaced with 4 oddly shaped interior cabins
  • Updated deck 7 plan is missing

I was hoping the lawn would be reconfigured more efficiently to make up for the entire Solstice Deck going to The Retreat but that doesn't seem to be the case. 

Edited by Jeremiah1212

Seems like a fairly modest investment for the Retreat Area.  Doesn't seem like it can offer similar benefits to the suite area on Edge/Apex ships or other suite areas on other cruise lines.  I don't see features that allow it to be handicap accessible.

I wonder if those oddly shaped inside rooms will be something different than normal inside rooms.  At first I was thinking single inside rooms but since they appear to be larger maybe they will be something like a family inside room.

Edited by bigbeergut

16 minutes ago, bigbeergut said:

Seems like a fairly modest investment for the Retreat Area.  Doesn't seem like it can offer similar benefits to the suite area on Edge/Apex ships or other suite areas on other cruise lines.  I don't see features that allow it to be handicap accessible.

They did add an elevator on Summit. The forward elevators already go to deck 15. Possible they will be extended upwards a deck to get to 16? I would say the plans published are rough at best. I still think the basketball court area could be reconfigured too. It's a lot of real estate for the handful of people who use it a few times per cruise. 

There are also 4 new interior cabins on deck 6 replacing the iLounge that I missed. They appear regularly sized/shaped. Time will tell if the 9 cabins are truly different or they just filled the place with an oddly shaped placeholder.

I hope they can still find a place for a few computers and a printer so I can continue to print out my boarding passes.  I think the basketball court still has to go.  A basketball court next to the Suite area just doesn't seem right.

• Like 1

New Deck plans wouldn't reflect redesign and new furniture in existing indoor and outdoor spaces so if it all seems modest on the deck plan, it doesn't mean the upgrades are minimal. 

1 hour ago, SpartanGirlCruiser said:

Any thoughts on what the "Lawn Club" will be on deck 15?  I'd think if it was going to be the restaurant it would have said Lawn Club Grill.

Lawn Club is the official name for the grassy area, even without a Lawn Club Grill restaurant. Glass blowing was interesting but we saw very few people there. Combined with no cabanas it really made that area a dead zone. Although the updated deck plans do show cabanas being added.

I wonder what "Craft Social" means? Isn't this area the Gastro Pub on Equinox? The way I remember it is that there is no Cellar Masters currently on Equinox. So sorry to hear about the movie screen on the lawn. I have always hated the screens on RCI. Not adding a Lawn Club Grill is very surprising to me. 

2 hours ago, Jeremiah1212 said:

I still think the basketball court area could be reconfigured too. It's a lot of real estate for the handful of people who use it a few times per cruise. 

The basketball court is regularly used by the kid's club.  The counselors took my daughter's group out there everyday to play games like tag and gaga ball.  It's a great space where the kids can be a little rowdy without interfering with other passengers. 

1 minute ago, SerraG said:

The basketball court is regularly used by the kid's club.  The counselors took my daughter's group out there everyday to play games like tag and gaga ball.  It's a great space where the kids can be a little rowdy without interfering with other passengers. 

Totally agree SerraG.....

Our kids loved this space so much!  For basketball and soccer.  Not every aspect of a Celebrity ship needs to be geared towards adults 😁

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, 39august said:

I wonder what "Craft Social" means? Isn't this area the Gastro Pub on Equinox? The way I remember it is that there is no Cellar Masters currently on Equinox. So sorry to hear about the movie screen on the lawn. I have always hated the screens on RCI. Not adding a Lawn Club Grill is very surprising to me. 

Yes, that is the GastroPub on EQ.

The movie screen on Solstice is only used a little bit, not all the time.  Having Movies on the lawn in the evening is kind of cool.

I'm pretty sure they are keeping the Glass because of the contract they signed last year.  Otherwise, I'm guessing they would replace it with the Lawn Club Grill.  My guess is that when the contract with the current glass provider expires, they will install the Lawn Club Grill.  It would not require more than a short bit of dry dock work, and could probably be done while at sea.  After all, they did Luminea while at sea.  Going from Hot Glass to Lawn Club Grill seems less disruptive.

1 hour ago, SerraG said:

Sounds like the perfect activity to be located next to the Suite Retreat.

• Like 2

We were on the Summit on a cruise to Canada/New England last fall that had 2 revolutionized cabins- interior and balcony. We were in the interior cabin across the hall from the balcony. The lighting was different as well as the storage space. The colors were muted. I am not sure that I liked that in place of the previous wood grain. The closets were totally different with a lot of glass and sliding doors. The bathroom was completely remodeled and we liked this better.

DSCN0370.JPG

DSCN0371 (1).JPG

DSCN0372 (1).JPG

DSCN0388.JPG

IMG_0650.JPG

DSCN0130 (1).JPG

IMG_0704.JPG

IMG_0703.JPG

Edited by gaunerdog
misspelling/duplicate picture
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, bigbeergut said:

Sounds like the perfect activity to be located next to the Suite Retreat.

I agree. I don't think anything says The Retreat is specifically supposed to be quiet, but it seems like an odd activity to have directly below the exclusive space for your highest paying, and potentially most demanding, passengers.

7 hours ago, Jeremiah1212 said:

Supposed to come out 6/1/19.

Silhouette plans are also updated and are nearly identical in layout.

The schedule is supposed to come out on 6/1/19 or the Equinox goes out of service then? Maybe I'm reading it wrong, but on the Deck Plans drop-down, I'm seeing March 9, 2019 through April 21, 2020 and May 2, 2020 through April 11, 2021 which not only seems later than I thought the update was happening AND a week and a half seems like an awfully short time to do it.