Equinox Revolution

toohoos

We are on a B2B in August and hoping that if they change out all the pool loungers as they are doing on the M class ships that they also replace the cocktail tables too.  At this point the loungers replaced on the M class ships added many loungers (good for chair hogs) but NO small cocktail tables.  Last report this afternoon from Infinity TA is new loungers but ZERO tables.  Have been informed that "they have been ordered from Miami, but no knowing when they MIGHT arrive"

With beverage pkg's drinks will be on the pool deck getting knocked over and creating a real mess.  Guess we will have to wait and see.

2 minutes ago, CulverCityCruisers said:

We are on a B2B in August and hoping that if they change out all the pool loungers as they are doing on the M class ships that they also replace the cocktail tables too.  At this point the loungers replaced on the M class ships added many loungers (good for chair hogs) but NO small cocktail tables.  Last report this afternoon from Infinity TA is new loungers but ZERO tables.  Have been informed that "they have been ordered from Miami, but no knowing when they MIGHT arrive"

With beverage pkg's drinks will be on the pool deck getting knocked over and creating a real mess.  Guess we will have to wait and see.

I don't remember ever seeing cocktail tables next to loungers on S class ships? The deck chairs on Equinox were replaced recently. They are no longer the ones that have the pads attached to the top. There may be a few random tables on the Solstice Deck, but as we know that is getting eliminated anyway. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, paulh84 said:

I don't remember ever seeing cocktail tables next to loungers on S class ships? The deck chairs on Equinox were replaced recently. They are no longer the ones that have the pads attached to the top. There may be a few random tables on the Solstice Deck, but as we know that is getting eliminated anyway. 

Agreed, the loungers were changed as of our cruise in November 2018 and there are no tables.  I would not expect that to change.  The armrests on the loungers leave a 3-4 inch gap between them to place your drink on the deck, and yes, they get knocked over from time to time.

• 2 weeks later...

I get that things happened beyond their control, but I cannot help but be disappointed I went with the Equinox and promise of a Revolutionized ship over the Edge for Feb break 2020. I checked with my TA about changing, but Celebrity does not make it as easy as Disney does, so I feel stuck with a now inferior product. 😞 I’m sure I will enjoy myself, but it is disappointing - especially seeing what all the others are getting.

Edited by WrittenOnYourHeart

Here's a thought ......

Why doesn't everyone stop jumping the gun and wait to see once she returns in June!

Too much speculation, too many false news stories, too many pessimistic people.

Everyone settle, relax and stop fixating over the unknown!

We will have all the answers in a few weeks!

We too sail on Equinox in September...heck I'll be happy with a new bedspread or new towels 🤣🤣.   I'm not going to let anything that "doesn't" get refurbished ruin my awesome 10 night Southern cruise!!!!   We are super excited to sail on Equinox again and won't complain a bit if she's not 100% Revolutionized.

Now....happy cruisin !!!!    😎🍾🌴❤️

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Pier290 said:

Here's a thought ......

Why doesn't everyone stop jumping the gun and wait to see once she returns in June!

We too sail on Equinox in September...heck I'll be happy with a new bedspread or new towels 🤣🤣.   I'm not going to let anything that "doesn't" get refurbished ruin my awesome 10 night Southern cruise!!!!   We are super excited to sail on Equinox again and won't complain a bit if she's not 100% Revolutionized.

It isn’t really “jumping the gun” when that sheet clearly shows the things that are not being done and you see what the other ships are getting. Bottom line is they sold this as a fully Revolutionized ship and it’s getting the barest of treatments. True not their fault there was an accident,  but they are not going to deliver what they sold. I would be willing to pay the higher rates for Edge if they would let me simply transfer my booking to Edge as I would have booked that at the time if Celebrity was not touting the Revolution. But I am not willing to cancel and rebook which is my only other option.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Pier290 said:

Here's a thought ......

Exactly. She is a wonderful ship and we intend having a wonderful time, do I care if the buffet or MDR is not changed, not one jot it’s great as it is anyway.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Pier290 said:

Here's a thought ......

The Bride and I are on the 11 night southern sailing right after yours...Enjoy!

1 hour ago, WrittenOnYourHeart said:

I get that things happened beyond their control, but I cannot help but be disappointed I went with the Equinox and promise of a Revolutionized ship over the Edge for Feb break 2020. I checked with my TA about changing, but Celebrity does not make it as easy as Disney does, so I feel stuck with a now inferior product. 😞 I’m sure I will enjoy myself, but it is disappointing - especially seeing what all the others are getting.

In their defense, and smartly so, they never fully publicized a complete punch list of what "Revolutionized" upgrades were. All of the info posted here, except for a few mockups that were very quickly removed once they had to scale back, are items that are posted on a website that isn't really meant for public consumption. Equinox will still be a fine ship with some fresh features. I wouldn't sweat it. 

58 minutes ago, WrittenOnYourHeart said:

It isn’t really “jumping the gun” when that sheet clearly shows the things that are not being done and you see what the other ships are getting. Bottom line is they sold this as a fully Revolutionized ship and it’s getting the barest of treatments. True not their fault there was an accident,  but they are not going to deliver what they sold. I would be willing to pay the higher rates for Edge if they would let me simply transfer my booking to Edge as I would have booked that at the time if Celebrity was not touting the Revolution. But I am not willing to cancel and rebook which is my only other option.

I agree, it is not jumping the gun.

But I'm puzzled as to why you could not move the booking to Edge, admittedly  at a higher cost.

2 minutes ago, CHEZMARYLOU said:

I agree, it is not jumping the gun.

But I'm puzzled as to why you could not move the booking to Edge, admittedly  at a higher cost.

My travel agent said it would require cancelling and rebooking. I guess because the promos are always changing Celebrity can’t do a simple transfer? I don’t know - I usually sail on Disney who may be sometimes slightly more (I am solo, so the price differential is never that much) where it is very simple to transfer a cruise from one sailing to another - you just pay the difference in the deposit. I guess there is something to be said for NOT having to deal with all the pricing games.

On 4/24/2019 at 6:43 PM, pd7277 said:

Agreed, the loungers were changed as of our cruise in November 2018 and there are no tables.  I would not expect that to change.  The armrests on the loungers leave a 3-4 inch gap between them to place your drink on the deck, and yes, they get knocked over from time to time.

There used to be small tables on the pool deck...not for every pair of loungers but many.  Little by little they were gone from the scene and the sardine method of organizing loungers ensued... With no space in between  it is awkward unless you move some over or out of the row...! 

We use the end of our lounger as a table for lunch... not ideal, but we manage

Hopefully they will do more of the bigger reno projects  at a later time.  For those directly affected...losing a renovated room, added suite or hot tub on the  Retreat Sun  Deck, I would expect some OBC or other set off ..

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, hcat said:

Hopefully they will do more of the bigger reno projects  at a later time.  For those directly affected...losing a renovated room, added suite or hot tub on the  Retreat Sun  Deck, I would expect some OBC or other set off ..

I echo these sentiments. Sorry that I posted that Revolution info with so little heart. I hadn't been keeping up with this thread and when I found that Revolution document today when doing research on the revolutionized ships, I assumed that people who were sailing on the Equinox knew about the differences (and that I was the last to know). I had just been looking for some pictures of the new S Class cabins/suites and the Retreat before deciding on booking and was surprised about the Equinox differences.

Anyway, sorry for those affected by this and I agree that there will be a lot of nice new touches - the cabins look great and the public areas that will be done look like they will be nice! I would imagine that they will have refreshed suites, if not totally redone (which might not be a bad thing). I also wonder if they will schedule future renovations to get her up to speed. In the meantime, I hope those who are sailing on her will enjoy all the updates.

I'm going in December, and will appreciate any changes they make. The cabin makeovers seem to be a no brainer, since they were never going to do to the S Class cabins what they are doing to the M Class. The S Class ships are much more modern than the M Class.

I messaged Celebrity via FB and their response is below.

While we did not book our upcoming cruise based on an updated suite we would consider cancelling if we did not already have the air line booked and if we did not have a good price on the suite.

Hello Mary Lou!
• We have some important information to provide regarding your upcoming Caribbean Vacation aboard Celebrity Equinox.

• As you may know, we’re revolutionizing our entire fleet with a $500 million makeover and a team of more than 500 of the world’s best architects, designers, and engineers. We’re using new technology and design concepts that will change the way you experience the world on a Celebrity vacation.

• The Celebrity Equinox was scheduled to begin her Revolution on May 4th, however, due to the collapse of a side-wall within the Grand Bahama shipyard dry dock structure it became necessary for us to relocate the Equinox to a shipyard in Cadiz, Spain.

• All Equinox voyages will remain as scheduled starting June 1st out of Fort Lauderdale, however, the change in shipyard venue has made it necessary to postpone the addition of the new Reflection Suite, five Signature Suites and eight inside staterooms.

• We are happy to advise, Equinox will still receive The Retreat, our exclusive experience available to every suite class guest including The Retreat Sundeck, The Retreat Lounge and our private restaurant, Luminae, featuring Daniel Boulud signature dishes.

• We deeply apologize for any inconvenience this situation may have caused you. We know how important your vacation time is, and we want to do everything we can to help re-accommodate you for an unforgettable Celebrity Cruises vacation.

3:51 PM

Thank you for this detailed response. However, my specific question was regarding the refurbishment of the suites, specifically the Royal Suites. Will they get new furniture, carpeting, etc.?

14494830_10154542565870879_5374236055875

Suites will receive new balcony furniture, cashmere mattress and exterior plants. No refurbishments to suites with Kelly Hoppin design.

7:02 PM

Thank you, I hope the balcony furniture is functional, i.e. a table that will accommodate room service.

14494830_10154542565870879_5374236055875

Of course! We would want to make sure these little changes will make our guests happy.

Chat Conversation End

Type a message...

•  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, WrittenOnYourHeart said:

I agree.  I think those of us sailing in June wouldn’t have time to make a change at this point.  I paid a premium to experience the suite on a refurbished ship and we won’t do that now, with very little real info until now.  I have no doubt that we’ll have a great trip but I do feel a little disappointed that I’m not getting the exact trip I chose and planned.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, X2tgibso said:

I agree.  I think those of us sailing in June wouldn’t have time to make a change at this point.  I paid a premium to experience the suite on a refurbished ship and we won’t do that now, with very little real info until now.  I have no doubt that we’ll have a great trip but I do feel a little disappointed that I’m not getting the exact trip I chose and planned.

I personally am glad they are not refurbishing the Suites.  I like the suites as they are on the SClass. I do not like what Kelly Hoppen has done.  We were just on the Summit in a Suite and were completely disappointed.   I was never a fan of suites on the MClass (except PH), to begin with, but Kelly seemed to make them worse.  We cancelled our Suite for the Equinox and are now sailing in a regular veranda in June for the first time in years.  Had I known they weren't going to do the cabins, I might have changed my mind.  The sundeck was wonderful but missed the comfort of the old Michaels Club and it looks like Equinox will be similar. 

37 minutes ago, Want2Cruise 701 said:

I personally am glad they are not refurbishing the Suites.  I like the suites as they are on the SClass. I do not like what Kelly Hoppen has done.  We were just on the Summit in a Suite and were completely disappointed.   I was never a fan of suites on the MClass (except PH), to begin with, but Kelly seemed to make them worse.  We cancelled our Suite for the Equinox and are now sailing in a regular veranda in June for the first time in years.  Had I known they weren't going to do the cabins, I might have changed my mind.  The sundeck was wonderful but missed the comfort of the old Michaels Club and it looks like Equinox will be similar. 

I think the only thing I’ll miss is water in the Retreat.  I was looking forward to being able to jump in the hot tub occasionally while relaxing on deck.  I’ll treat myself to an extra drink and get over it I’m sure 😎😉