Edge Spa Experiences To Share???

Bo1953

Hello all - I may have missed any posts on this, yet still wanted to start a separate thread to consolidate the info...

Can anyone who has sailed The Edge, availed themselves of The Spa please provide any input as to services which you enjoyed or did not?

Any services you wished to have tried and did not? Not too interested in the cost factor as it is what it is and can look for a flash sale to reduce, if offered.

We are not interested in purchasing any products either, so that can be an excluded factor in equation/review.

While our sailing is not until Thanksgiving, I would like to get an idea of what to consider or not.

I do realize that each of us has our preferences in terms of these types of experiences, but I Am fairly open on trying them all... Yet will not due to spending restraints, LOL

TIA & bon voyage

Hi Bo, cannot answer many of your questions but I felt it would be worthwhile to share some of our limited experience in the spa on Edge. We just sailed on the February 24 sailing and these were my observations:

The Thermal Suite area. My sister and I decided to purchase a day pass on on of our port days ($69.00 less 10% elite discount + gratuity, came out to $73.28 total).

They front desk staff placed a small "gem" on our SeaPass cards and then switched out our cards for ones that would give us access to the Thermal Suite area. No explanation of where to go, where the changing rooms were located, etc. When I explained that we didn't know where everything was located, she brought us down the hall and used one of cards at the entrance door and left us to our own devices. We found the changing rooms/showers and found open lockers with robes and spa shoes. Coincidence that the locker system was the exact same we had at the spa at our pre-cruise hotel, so we knew how to utilize them. There is a diagram with instructions nearby for reference. (I just thought it might have been nice to be shown where the room was located and how to operate the lockers, but that's just our opinion).

So, onto the various rooms: a lot of options but we much preferred the "rooms" on Reflection. The inhalation room lacked anything to inhale... LOL, I felt all we were doing was breathing in steam. Ended up spending most of our time in the heated loungers and the dry sauna.

Conclusion: I would not purchase the Thermal Suite pass again on Edge, but would not hesitate to on Reflection :classic_biggrin:

We were going to do some spa treatments, but after witnessing some other guests at check in, we decided not to and here is the reason why: on 2 occasions, we witnessed fellow cruisers complaining that they did not receive the treatments they had selected and subsequently paid for. One lady was simply trying to explain that she did not receive the choice of a service that was included in her service package. The spa manager was argumentative and didn't seem have any desire to fix the problem and put the responsibility of the missing service back onto the client. Another incident was a couple complaining on the time their massages actually ended up being and what they paid for. What turned me off was the spa managers stance on these complaints. She remained firm in her stance and not helpful or willing to do anything to compensate, or offer an apology. 

There were offerings for discounted services on some days, but not to level we have become accustomed to on other Celebrity ships. So, I assume that means business is good. 

The spa area is beautiful and I'm glad we took the opportunity to explore, but probably will spend our OBC/$$ elsewhere.

5 minutes ago, dmp223 said:

----------------------------

What turned me off was the spa managers stance on these complaints. She remained firm in her stance and not helpful or willing to do anything to compensate, or offer an apology. 

There were offerings for discounted services on some days, but not to level we have become accustomed to on other Celebrity ships. So, I assume that means business is good. 

The spa area is beautiful and I'm glad we took the opportunity to explore, but probably will spend our OBC/$$ elsewhere.

d - thank you very much for your insights... what one would think of as a 'relaxing' day may turn out to be more stressful afterwards...

Do you or anyone else reading this thread know to which Officer the Spa manager would report to, just in case an issue like this would be encountered, again?

bon voyage

1 minute ago, Bo1953 said:

d - thank you very much for your insights... what one would think of as a 'relaxing' day may turn out to be more stressful afterwards...

Do you or anyone else reading this thread know to which Officer the Spa manager would report to, just in case an issue like this would be encountered, again?

bon voyage

Personally, I do not, I'd like to think it would fall under the hotel director's jurisdiction, but I could be wrong. Hopefully someone with knowledge will chime in. 

I haven't followed the spa-goings on with X lately, did they switch back to Steiner/Elemis? I know the switch to Canyon Ranch occurred a few years back. 

My deep tissue/hot stone massage with Assae was wonderful. I was supposed to get the bamboo massage but she talked me out of it. My husband did get the bamboo massage and he hated it. He was in pain from it for the remainder of the cruise.

Make sure you review your receipt carefully before signing. They forgot to take off for my Elite Plus discount so the masseuse had to run out and fix it before I signed it. Then when back at the cabin I noticed that my husband did not get his Elite Plus discount and my service was not charged the right price when I compared it to their pricing menu. We had to go back to the spa to have the manager adjust everything. Then we wound up with a double charge on our account and had to go back yet again. It was a big mess. That was the inaugural cruise so hopefully they have their act together by now.

Two great EDGE spa experiences ..

.1 / 27 cruise...had 2  services pre booked at port pricing..

Had an excellent  standard swedish massage. They  called ahead and asked if  I  would switch  my appt day or  time..(forgot which,)..I agreed and they gave me an extra amt of  time.   The facility was excellent,  great pre and post appt service.  My therapist was very knowledgeable. The products used were  very nice too.  No hard sell.  I did buy a new product in  my fav fangipani series..  Overall a 10

I also had a  basic anti aging collagen  facial ( no machines).  Included a good masque..I was very satisfied with the service and therapist. She knew I was not needing products but made excellent suggestions for future consideration.

Left both sessions feeling money was well spent!

I haven't been on Edge yet - but my experience re: customer service - is the Spa is actually independent of the cruise line - so while you can complain to guest services - they very well may tell you that you have to speak to the spa.... and you can have excellent service everywhere but the spa. I'm not sure why / if the spa folks are held to the same standards as the rest of the crew. I've always wondered if someone went to Canyon Ranch Spa at one of the hotels and compared the experience (upsell / pushing of services / product) in the same way as it is one the ships

The online booking worked well because we had a printout and a receiot.

When I book on board, I have them write down my appt dates/ times/ exact services and prices....and I ask them to initial it.   I go over it again when I arrive..and when the bill is produced. Seems like a hassle but is the best approach with spas on board.

I found Canyon Ranch got very sloppy recently..and nasty about fixing errors.

Thank you everyone for your invaluable input.

I now have some strategies to approach The Spa experience and purchase...

Any additional input as our sailing gets nearer, is welcome too...

bon voyage