Cruise Critic Community
BitburgBoy

Viking Ocean to South America

3 hours ago, geffric said:

I was on another ship, but I have  been on Viking Sea and Orion and had early private tours and it worked just fine.. meet on 1st floor and as soon as the ship has been given the all clear, one can get off. I was very nervous about this and spoke to the cruise director and this is what I was told.. worked well for me..

Also, if you are seeing penquins in Stanley wear closed toed shoes.. lots of stuff on the ground.. I wore my hiking boots.. and rain pants, gloves and hat..

Appreciate the info.  Good to know about clothes as well.

2 hours ago, CCWineLover said:

Appreciate the info.  Good to know about clothes as well.

And a couple of 2 gallon plastic bags to pack your shoes in for the trip home.

I'm new here and I'm following the right process bumping this one up again. DH and I are booked for Nov 2020 for South America and the Chilean Fjords. 

Thank you to everyone who has contributed to this current thread so far - I'm aware the World Cruise will be in South America in a few weeks and I see the first of the South America and the Chilean Fjords cruises begin in Dec 2019. We will greatly appreciate any suggestions re excursions etc from those on board the WC whilst you are in South America, and from those who are on any of the 2019 / early 2020 South America and the Chilean Fjords cruises. I'm referring most particularly to the excursions (both Viking arranged and private), but welcome all other topics as well. 

I'm aware Viking may change / add excursions for next year compared to this year but I imagine many will be the same or very similar.

Happy cruising to all - and I look forward to your comments, advice and suggestions. 

Cleopatra99 you have the benefit of we who are going before.  Its a very new itinerary for Viking and they solicit our comments and reviews of their excursions so the glitches should be solved for you.  We are doing many private and some Viking includeds and will share our experiences.

5 hours ago, TayanaLorna said:

Cleopatra99 you have the benefit of we who are going before.  Its a very new itinerary for Viking and they solicit our comments and reviews of their excursions so the glitches should be solved for you.  We are doing many private and some Viking includeds and will share our experiences.

Thank you .. I look forward to your comments