Have you won a move up bid?

mfs2k

13 hours ago, Happy Cruiser 6143 said:

Well, I just received a ludicrous move up offer for my May sailing to Alaska on Solstice.  I currently have an excellent 1A cabin midship with a very large balcony.  For a mere beginning bid of $150/pp, I could try for an AQ cabin in an uncertain location.  Problem is, the AQ cabins are currently selling for $250/pp less than what I paid for my 1A.  Think I will pass on this.  😁

Since the AQ cabins are selling for less than your 1A couldn't you upgrade at no cost, assuming you want to?

13 hours ago, WineCruiser11 said:

Jim_lain we were notified roughly four weeks before our cruise date.

Thanks.    One final question if I may.    If you go to the bidding site are they still accepting bids on the CS? Or other cabins. 

3 minutes ago, korryp said:

Would love to if I had a booking number and name for that cruise.   I'm trying to figure out on my bid if I still have a chance or not.   On mine they are still open at 3 weeks out and I haven't heard anything.    I was asking the the postere that said they were notified one month out.

16 hours ago, Happy Cruiser 6143 said:

Well, I just received a ludicrous move up offer for my May sailing to Alaska on Solstice.  I currently have an excellent 1A cabin midship with a very large balcony.  For a mere beginning bid of $150/pp, I could try for an AQ cabin in an uncertain location.  Problem is, the AQ cabins are currently selling for $250/pp less than what I paid for my 1A.  Think I will pass on this.  😁

Some of the AQ rooms are not really desirable due to the noise from above. You probably want to do the other upgrade route and pick the specific room. You probably don't need to pay any extra due to the price drop.

17 hours ago, Happy Cruiser 6143 said:

We are on the May 17th Alaska Cruise on the Solstice in AQ.  I thought the prices to move up were outrageous.  $2K a person is not a deal!! 

Does anyone have any experience with move-ups when cruising with others -- multiple cabins?  My siblings and I are booked on a cruise on the Eclipse (4/29/19) - 2 C1s aft.  We would like to try for a "move-up" (bidding the same), but we are afraid that one cabin's bid may be accepted and one not.  I have spoken to Celebrity about this and they said that have had other inquiries, but as of now there is no way to link bids.  If one cabin was successful and one not, if would be nice if you could just say forget it.  Anyone have any luck with that? 

Thanks and congrats to all who have received good deals!

1 hour ago, Pushkin said:

Does anyone have any experience with move-ups when cruising with others -- multiple cabins?  My siblings and I are booked on a cruise on the Eclipse (4/29/19) - 2 C1s aft.  We would like to try for a "move-up" (bidding the same), but we are afraid that one cabin's bid may be accepted and one not.  I have spoken to Celebrity about this and they said that have had other inquiries, but as of now there is no way to link bids.  If one cabin was successful and one not, if would be nice if you could just say forget it.  Anyone have any luck with that? 

Thanks and congrats to all who have received good deals!

I have not done this.  I am confident that you cannot do this within the Move Up bid process.   You must submit your credit card number and it is charged immediately if you win the bid, no refunds.  This particular process is not a negotiation, but a blind bid.

I suggest you call and inquire about a paid upgrade for both of you.  This would be outside the Move Up bid process.

Good luck.

9 minutes ago, jagoffee said:

I have not done this.  I am confident that you cannot do this within the Move Up bid process.   You must submit your credit card number and it is charged immediately if you win the bid, no refunds.  This particular process is not a negotiation, but a blind bid.

I suggest you call and inquire about a paid upgrade for both of you.  This would be outside the Move Up bid process.

Good luck.

When a called a week or so ago, they said that no Aqua Class cabins were available -- even though it was listed on the Move-up email.  Celebrity said that they pull some out of inventory for the Move-up process. 😞

5 hours ago, Pushkin said:

When a called a week or so ago, they said that no Aqua Class cabins were available -- even though it was listed on the Move-up email.  Celebrity said that they pull some out of inventory for the Move-up process. 😞

Interesting comment from Celebrity, but I seriously doubt it.  The last two cruises I have taken, they asked for bids on the PH suite.  I never saw one available.  They are only a couple and I would find it hard to believe that they do not try and sell them.  Pull them out of inventory implies that they set aside cabins?

I think it is more likely that they ask for  bids, just in case someone cancels at the last minute.  

I am sure you will have a great cruise in your C1 Aft cabins.

12 minutes ago, jagoffee said:

Interesting comment from Celebrity, but I seriously doubt it.  The last two cruises I have taken, they asked for bids on the PH suite.  I never saw one available.  They are only a couple and I would find it hard to believe that they do not try and sell them.  Pull them out of inventory implies that they set aside cabins?

I think it is more likely that they ask for  bids, just in case someone cancels at the last minute.  

I totally agree...Celebrity is just covering all of its bases!

10 hours ago, Tourist1292 said:

Some of the AQ rooms are not really desirable due to the noise from above. You probably want to do the other upgrade route and pick the specific room. You probably don't need to pay any extra due to the price drop.

I know that.  Most of the AQ cabins that are available now are not in locations I would care to inhabit.  I tried upgrading to AQ previously when the price dropped and Celebrity said no.

9 hours ago, evk1972 said:

We are on the May 17th Alaska Cruise on the Solstice in AQ.  I thought the prices to move up were outrageous.  $2K a person is not a deal!! 

That's the one I'm on.  Haven't seen you on the roll call.  Keep an eye out if you're really interested in a suite, there are quite a few available.  I suspect the "upgrade" price will drop.

10 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

Thanks.    One final question if I may.    If you go to the bidding site are they still accepting bids on the CS? Or other cabins. 

When I pulled up the move up bid page for our cruise the only thing I see is our bid for the PS, and I can not see any other rooms available.

5 minutes ago, Happy Cruiser 6143 said:

I know that.  Most of the AQ cabins that are available now are not in locations I would care to inhabit.  I tried upgrading to AQ previously when the price dropped and Celebrity said no.

My trip is on Solstice right before yours. I wonder what was the reason declining your paid upgrade request. I upgraded mine to Concierge even with a negative cost after OBC. I could also upgrade to AQ or other class but I don't want to pay more.

10 hours ago, jagoffee said:

Yes, I really like our two C1 cabins. I only even thought about moving up to AQ because of Blu. I, like many others, do not like some of the locations of the AQ cabins.  Probably better off where we are. 

• Thanks 1

On 3/28/2019 at 7:25 PM, SDCruiser34 said:

When I pulled up the move up bid page for our cruise the only thing I see is our bid for the PS, and I can not see any other rooms available.

I see the same for our April TA on Infinity.   That would indicate they are only offering an upgrade for the PS

Just received notification that our Move-Up offer was accepted at 16 days prior to cruise.   We had previously upgraded to a paid upgrade from A1 to Sky Suite Guarantee about 5 weeks ago.   I only bid on the RS as we are on a B2B and the TA portion was already in a Royal.   I bid just a tad over minimum.  

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

Just received notification that our Move-Up offer was accepted at 16 days prior to cruise.   We had previously upgraded to a paid upgrade from A1 to Sky Suite Guarantee about 5 weeks ago.   I only bid on the RS as we are on a B2B and the TA portion was already in a Royal.   I bid just a tad over minimum.  

Congratulations!  Thank you for the update as it is very helpful to others.  Will you have the same room as your second leg?

2 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

Congratulations. Were RS displaying as available at the time you bid? And if so, was your bid amount comfortably less than the price to upgrade outright? 

On 3/28/2019 at 10:29 PM, Tourist1292 said:

My trip is on Solstice right before yours. I wonder what was the reason declining your paid upgrade request. I upgraded mine to Concierge even with a negative cost after OBC. I could also upgrade to AQ or other class but I don't want to pay more.

I wasn't offering to pay more for AQ.  I wanted to be upgraded for no additional charge.  The price was below what I had paid for my 1A.  I have now (thanks to my wonderful travel agent who had to go to bat with the resolutions department) upgraded to CC with 4 perks instead of 2 with no increase in cost.  I'm staying put because several of my friends have decided to take this cruise as well and they got my abandoned 1A cabin and the one next door.  The PH and all other suites are still available.

2 hours ago, FlorenceItaly said:

Congratulations!  Thank you for the update as it is very helpful to others.  Will you have the same room as your second leg?

Unfortunately we will not have the same room.  Will probably not even have the same butler since one leg is 6133 on Port and the other 6142 Starboard.  

33 minutes ago, Happy Cruiser 6143 said:

I wasn't offering to pay more for AQ.  I wanted to be upgraded for no additional charge.  The price was below what I had paid for my 1A.  I have now (thanks to my wonderful travel agent who had to go to bat with the resolutions department) upgraded to CC with 4 perks instead of 2 with no increase in cost.  I'm staying put because several of my friends have decided to take this cruise as well and they got my abandoned 1A cabin and the one next door.  The PH and all other suites are still available.

Good for you. Free upgrade is YMMV.