Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
mfs2k

Have you won a move up bid?

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Lastdance said:

Question...

If you win a move up bid and all the perks come with the big suite, are you able to get a refund for those items you already purchased, say for instance the dinner package and beverage package?  For several suites above CS, many packages are included...

 

I would think "yes" to your question. Pre-purchased cruise enhancements that are not part of the GoBBB program are already refundable by their own nature, with a possible cut-off date (2-3 days?) prior to your sailing date.

 

Example: You're booked on a resident rate and you pre-purchased a Premium beverage package at the $69 daily rate, and then they go on sale for 30% off. We already know people are able to cancel/refund and repurchase at the lower rate. I can't imagine winning a MoveUp bid to RS would somehow invalidate your being able to cancel your pre-purchased beverage package. 

Edited by BEAV

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Correct, anything purchased separate from one's cruise fare, i.e. shore excursions, specialty dinner resos etc. can be refunded up to a few days prior to one's cruise. If one wins a Move Up bid and no longer needs something extra that had been purchased, one can just cancel the purchase. If not done by the cut-off date, one would have to take care of it on board (the concierge in Michaels/Retreat) would be able to facilitate this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BEAV said:

 

I would think "yes" to your question. Pre-purchased cruise enhancements that are not part of the GoBBB program are already refundable by their own nature, with a possible cut-off date (2-3 days?) prior to your sailing date.

 

Example: You're booked on a resident rate and you pre-purchased a Premium beverage package at the $69 daily rate, and then they go on sale for 30% off. We already know people are able to cancel/refund and repurchase at the lower rate. I can't imagine winning a MoveUp bid to RS would somehow invalidate your being able to cancel your pre-purchased beverage package. 

 

1 hour ago, Gonzo70 said:

Correct, anything purchased separate from one's cruise fare, i.e. shore excursions, specialty dinner resos etc. can be refunded up to a few days prior to one's cruise. If one wins a Move Up bid and no longer needs something extra that had been purchased, one can just cancel the purchase. If not done by the cut-off date, one would have to take care of it on board (the concierge in Michaels/Retreat) would be able to facilitate this.

You confirmed what I thought to be true!  Thanks so much...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, mfs2k said:

 

What do you mean by "You are only able to bid once per type of room?"  As you said, you can go back and modify your bids at any time so isn't that the same?

I was answering a question:

"If I never receive a Move-up email,  and rely on the web link only, should I check daily and make a bid each visit?"

 

I was trying (possibly not real clear) that you don't have to place a visit each time you visit the move-up site.

When you place a bid and give a credit card you will see after each room type you bid on  that it says "Bid Already Received".   You can go back at anytime before winning a bid and either cancel your bid or revise your bid. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just received a Move up email and my cruise is 51 days out. I'm in a SS1 now after buying a guarantee.

The minimum bids were Celebrity suite $300 pp, Royal $500 pp and Penthouse which shows sold out as $900.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What are people in Sky Suites on Edge seeing as minimum bids?

 

On my sailing (just over a week away) prices haven't budged since they first came out. There is a Villa open and would love to upgrade, but $2,250 per/person is the minimum bid. Was hoping it would drop a bid as the cruise approached, but no luck. Am running out of time; would love to sail in the Villa but just don't think I want to bite the bullet and shell out $4,500 more (if the bid were to be accepted).

 

The other prices are $1,000 minimum per/person for Celebrity Suite, $1,500 for Royal Suite, $4,000 for Penthouse and $5,000 for Iconic (all these categories though are showing sold out, so the Villa is my only realistic chance).

 

Am curious if other sailings are showing different minimum bids for Edge and also if anyone has seen the minimum bids change (up or down) over time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

How exactly does the move-up process work with existing restaurant reservations?  For example, we are booked in a standard IV room on the Edge with Select dining and have reservations at each of the four MDR restaurants.  If we were to win a bid for AQ or a Suite, would our reservations be automatically canceled and instead would be assigned to Blu or Luminae?  We want to ensure we experience the four new MDR and do not care much for Blu or Luminae (prefer more selection).  I'm just not sure how this works.

Edited by cricketgirl

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, cricketgirl said:

How exactly does the move-up process work with existing restaurant reservations?  For example, we are booked in a standard IV room on the Edge with Select dining and have reservations at each of the four MDR restaurants.  If we were to win a bid for AQ or a Suite, would our reservations be automatically canceled and instead would be assigned to Blu or Luminae?  We want to ensure we experience the four new MDR and do not care much for Blu or Luminae (prefer more selection).  I'm just not sure how this works.

If your bid for an AQ were accepted your new dining room would be Blu and if a suite you will have Luminae.  This is done automatically when your bid is accepted.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you have already received your luggage tags , does that mean that you will NOT win a move Up bid?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, FmlyCrsr said:

If you have already received your luggage tags , does that mean that you will NOT win a move Up bid?

No correlation.  Good Luck!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jim_Iain said:

If your bid for an AQ were accepted your new dining room would be Blu and if a suite you will have Luminae.  This is done automatically when your bid is accepted.

 

Thanks, this helps tremendously.  Given this information, we will refrain from bidding for this particular cruise. Good luck to all!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Gonzo70 said:

What are people in Sky Suites on Edge seeing as minimum bids?

 

On my sailing (just over a week away) prices haven't budged since they first came out. There is a Villa open and would love to upgrade, but $2,250 per/person is the minimum bid. Was hoping it would drop a bid as the cruise approached, but no luck. Am running out of time; would love to sail in the Villa but just don't think I want to bite the bullet and shell out $4,500 more (if the bid were to be accepted).

 

The other prices are $1,000 minimum per/person for Celebrity Suite, $1,500 for Royal Suite, $4,000 for Penthouse and $5,000 for Iconic (all these categories though are showing sold out, so the Villa is my only realistic chance).

 

Am curious if other sailings are showing different minimum bids for Edge and also if anyone has seen the minimum bids change (up or down) over time.

We sail on 4/21 (SS2) and minimums are exactly the same. Our sailing indicates all suites are sold out.

 

John

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Cruise it or lose it said:

I just received a Move up email and my cruise is 51 days out. I'm in a SS1 now after buying a guarantee.

The minimum bids were Celebrity suite $300 pp, Royal $500 pp and Penthouse which shows sold out as $900.

 

Would you please share more details, like ship, itinerary, number of days etc...that really does help the rest of us understand what is happening on various ships, as there are many, many differences.

 

Congratulations and happy cruising, as I love S1 corner afts on S class!

Edited by Lastdance

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Cruise it or lose it said:

I just received a Move up email and my cruise is 51 days out. I'm in a SS1 now after buying a guarantee.

The minimum bids were Celebrity suite $300 pp, Royal $500 pp and Penthouse which shows sold out as $900.

Are you on the May 26 Summit sailing? I saw on the roll call that quite a few people posted they received Move up emails today?

Edited by shirazcruiser

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Gonzo70 said:

What are people in Sky Suites on Edge seeing as minimum bids?

 

On my sailing (just over a week away) prices haven't budged since they first came out. There is a Villa open and would love to upgrade, but $2,250 per/person is the minimum bid. Was hoping it would drop a bid as the cruise approached, but no luck. Am running out of time; would love to sail in the Villa but just don't think I want to bite the bullet and shell out $4,500 more (if the bid were to be accepted).

 

The other prices are $1,000 minimum per/person for Celebrity Suite, $1,500 for Royal Suite, $4,000 for Penthouse and $5,000 for Iconic (all these categories though are showing sold out, so the Villa is my only realistic chance).

 

Am curious if other sailings are showing different minimum bids for Edge and also if anyone has seen the minimum bids change (up or down) over time.

I am on the cruise before you, leaving on Sunday.  Our prices were much higher, starting from a Sky Suite (my current cabin). I bid on a Villa and the starting bid was $5000.  There were four available until Monday.  They are now showing fully booked, however my month-old bid has not been accepted or rejected.  I have checked multiple times a day.  The minimum for Royal Suite was $1500, but my starting point is higher; Penthouse was $5000 I think. 

Edited by JFontaine

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, JFontaine said:

I am on the cruise before you, leaving on Sunday.  Our prices were much higher, starting from a Sky Suite (my current cabin). I bid on a Villa and the starting bid was $5000.  There were four available until Monday.  They are now showing fully booked, however my month-old bid has not been accepted or rejected.  I have checked multiple times a day.  The minimum for Royal Suite was $1500, but my starting point is higher; Penthouse was $5000 I think. 

Keep an eye on your credit card.  Sometimes it hits the credit card before you actually receive notice.  This was my case for a cruise last year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, FmlyCrsr said:

If you have already received your luggage tags , does that mean that you will NOT win a move Up bid?

No.   You can still bid.    After winning it took 24 hours before I could order new ones or print new ones.    Initially the labels when I clicked were just blank but the next day they were filled in properly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, FlorenceItaly said:

Keep an eye on your credit card.  Sometimes it hits the credit card before you actually receive notice.  This was my case for a cruise last year.

That was true for me (but only a slightly difference).    I have alerts setup on my iphone with my credit card to alert me to any changes over a certain dollar amount.    I was out walking and my iWatch notified me of a credit card charge in the amount of my bid from Celebrity.      I then checked my e-mail and there was also an e-mail notifying me that my bid had been accepted.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, shirazcruiser said:

Are you on the May 26 Summit sailing? I saw on the roll call that quite a few people posted they received Move up emails today?

Yes I am...

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Lastdance said:

 

Would you please share more details, like ship, itinerary, number of days etc...that really does help the rest of us understand what is happening on various ships, as there are many, many differences.

 

Congratulations and happy cruising, as I love S1 corner afts on S class!

The Summit on May 26.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Has anyone received an acceptance of a bid after the website has posted no cabins available. Out TA shows sold out but we received an email to bid on an upgrade. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just received an update bid to concierge class from an outside cabin on the Summit, very excited.  we are at the back of the ship, are the balconies larger at this location?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Cruise it or lose it said:

Yes I am...

 

May I ask if you booked directly through X or a TA? Just wondering since I didn't receive an email as I booked through a big box TA. Thanks for any info.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, shirazcruiser said:

May I ask if you booked directly through X or a TA? Just wondering since I didn't receive an email as I booked through a big box TA. Thanks for any info.

I booked directly. Did you go to the Move up page on Celebrity's site and see whether it says you have to wait until 30 days out?

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, cheshire cat said:

Just received an update bid to concierge class from an outside cabin on the Summit, very excited.  we are at the back of the ship, are the balconies larger at this location?

 

The aft-facing balconies on Summit (and the other M-class ships) are massive. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Q&A with the Coral Expeditions Team
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...