Reflection March 11th 2019 - Live! 🍸😎

MR_T

Just followed your link from FB..Will be sailing on the Reflection for the first time April 2020. Doing the ABC islands for the first time as well, along with Cartagena , where we've done before and Cayman, well everyone has done before.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MR_T said:

Pool beds - 

On first view we noticed that they have changed the pool beds, obviously not sure when this happened but in our opinion it’s a big mistake, the previous beds were great, a nice padded bed which we found very comfortable to spend the day relaxing on, these new beds are no way near as comfortable in our opinion and after 10 mins started to wonder how long we’d be able to lay on... hopefully once we settle into the cruise they’ll be ok!

We had those new loungers on the Silhouette last month also.

They're very hard and uncomfortable. And get more uncomfortable the longer you lay on them. :classic_angry:

We also noticed when laying a towel on them that they're smaller than the previous ones (the towels hang over the sides and they didn't on the old ones).

The ONLY positive is that they dry quickly when it rains.

• Like 1

I’m laughing as you have exactly the same boarding plans as me! We have a 6 night dining package and will be at least two nights at our favourite Lawn Club. Probably include sushi too - not the best use of the package but we enjoy it but wish they didn’t bring so much! 

A favour, if you happen to see where C3 muster station is could you let me know but please don’t go out of your way to look for it. May be daft to others but I travel with my 85 year old mum (who is amazing!) but knowing where the muster station is in advance allows me to work our how much extra time we need to leave to make sure she gets a seat.

Have a fantastic cruise! 

Wendy

• Like 1

While I usually pass by the postings of the "Today" in reviews (mostly because I'm not there 😥), this caught my eye.  Bottom right corner is a 10% discount off the Premium and Classic beverage packages if booked within the first three days.  That's something to look for if one does not have a package or able to grab a 20% email discount before departure.

Since the question of "are discounts available once on board" is a commonly asked question, has anyone else seen this?  Maybe I've missed it because we don't need it???

1E9ABC14-58FC-41E0-8441-E078D2A85A12.jpeg 

6 minutes ago, Mcreed3520 said:

I look forward to reading your posts.  My husband and I will board the Reflection on April 12th.  We’ve been on other S class ships before, but never this one.

WE will be on your sailing as well.  First time Celebrity cruiser

1 hour ago, Newbury newbie said:

MR_T, I started stalking you back in 2016 when you did your Caribbean B2B the cruise before our own B2B on Reflection! I followed you with great interest then and now find you blogging this cruise that we’ve contemplated for my 60th next February! You’re always one step ahead of us!!

Well it’s either Reflection Ultimate Caribbean or Millie East Asia HK/Singapore. Right now Millie is leading it but a good review by you may swing it back to Reflection (as our favourite ship). 

How funny my very first stalker 😜

We’d love to do the Asia/Singapore cruise so I’d be interested to see what you think if you do that one 👍🏼

3 hours ago, MR_T said:

Hi Neil, good to see you pop up, hope you are well... when’s you’re next cruise?

I’ll try to have a sneak peek when it’s quiet outside 😜 I’ll also ask the cabin dude/dudess when I see them. 

Tony. We are doing well thanks. Will be doing a Silhouette Caribbean in April next year and then TP from Melbourne to Honolulu in April 2021. Doing a land trip in September in your old stomping grounds across the pond. Hope to see you and those Arsenal kits on a future cruise. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, mafig said:

Just jumping in here.  Just came back from Reflection.  Had a C2 balcony, first on the hump …. 1132.  We had two loungers, two chairs, two footstools and a table.  It was actually a little crowded.:classic_smile::classic_biggrin:

Hi! We'll be staying in this exact room in 2.5 months while we sail the Norway fjords on the Reflection! How did you like the room? I booked it specifically because it was on the hump and we'd get the larger balcony.

Hi All, 

So tonight we went to Murano for dinner but before we had a martini at the martini bar before another drink at the ensemble lounge while listening to a solo singer before heading in for dinner,

As mentioned we do really enjoy the speciality restaurants and visit most on every cruise and we’ve always enjoyed our food choices, tonight was no different and I must say we both thought this was as good as anything we’ve eaten on a ship before, the Drunk one (aka The Wife!) said it was amazing and the main was the best ever, 

Staff were amazing as usual and we really couldn’t fault anything, below In another post are some pictures of our food 😋 

however, i I must say there was one bad point I’d like to mention.... we had I’d say the rudest person either of us has ever come across on a cruise before (probably ever)  sitting 2 tables down from us and to be honest I hope she is reading this at some point as she truly was a horrible individual and If by some stroke of luck she is reading this all I can say is if I never see you again that will be too soon.... vile horrible person! 

She was sitting at a table for 2 next to another table of 2 young ladies, and to be honest they arrived pretty close together, and as the waiter came over with the water/bread to the 2 ladies this woman proceeded to tell the waiter in a loud rude aggressive voice they they had in fact arrived first and started pointing at the 2 young ladies and saying the same thing over & over again.... she also said that it wasn’t good enough as they were on a B2B and seemed to indicate that they should for some reason deserve to be served first and it be recognised or something... some people really seem to think the world revolves around them and them only, 

luckily for the 2 young ladies but I’m sure unfortunate for some others this person asked to move or was offered another table as she was struggling to see the menu but at least we didn’t have to listen to her anymore so that’s good, but more importantly the 2 young ladies were able to enjoy their meal without this woman sitting next to them, 

Some prople really don’t have any class at all! 

We both felt sorry for the staff as they rely on their reviews so much they really are left with trying to make such horrid people feel better when what they should do is kick them out for causing a scene, and being rude to their staff for no real reason... I guess the trailer trash was just angling for a free meal or something 🙄 

• Like 3

44 minutes ago, MR_T said:

both felt sorry for the staff as they rely on their reviews so much

Excellent and fun review! We are boarding April 12 and your write up is making us even more impatient!

About the sea-witch, I hope you write a note to the Food and Beverage manager specifically discussing what happened and why the staff was not at fault. Specifically name the waiters. The DR mgr might know what happened, but at staff review time someone who was not there might be looking at a file and if the harpy's own review happens to be in there.... 

And with the way you write, it could make a huge difference. 

• Like 4

13 hours ago, MR_T said:

Hi Neil, good to see you pop up, hope you are well... when’s you’re next cruise?

I’ll try to have a sneak peek when it’s quiet outside 😜 I’ll also ask the cabin dude/dudess when I see them. 

Hi Neil

Is that the Neil that I know? Thanks for this review Mr. T. We’re heading out on the Reflection on March 2, 2020 (my birthday, so I can’t forget the date). We have booked ‘hump’ room with a larger balcony too. Ours is also called the 11 night Ultimate Caribbean but we will visit mostly different ports, though Cartenaga will be our first stop. 

I loved the Reflection on our last cruise. We may have to try the Lawn Club Grill this time. 

Maris

• Like 1

We had Eddy as a CD on our last cruise.  A great no non sense type that doesn’t try to be a celebrity or star of the show.   He gets the job done and does what it is, announces the show and walks off.   I told him he is almost as good as Ed Sullivan but not as bad.  

If you have the time I would recommend going to his “10 Things You Didn’t Know” shows.   The best one was the last about life on a cruise ship.  He gets a little into his personal life and the comedian in him really comes out.  It should actually be his first show on the first sea day as you would then appreciate and understand his style and methods during the rest of the cruise.  

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

• Thanks 2

50 minutes ago, miched said:

We had Eddy as a CD on our last cruise.  A great no non sense type that doesn’t try to be a celebrity or star of the show.   He gets the job done and does what it is, announces the show and walks off.   I told him he is almost as good as Ed Sullivan but not as bad.  

If you have the time I would recommend going to his “10 Things You Didn’t Know” shows.   The best one was the last about life on a cruise ship.  He gets a little into his personal life and the comedian in him really comes out.  It should actually be his first show on the first sea day as you would then appreciate and understand his style and methods during the rest of the cruise.  

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

First impressions from the tv show he does come across as a genuine guy and seems like he’d be a good laugh 👍🏻, we’ve also cruised with Pete before and we remembered he was also good so seems like a good duo. 

Hi All, 

its nearly 10am on the first day (sea day), the pool is starting to fill up and we’ve opted to go up a deck to 15 to see how we like sitting by the running/walking track... so far it’s good and seems quieter vs down at the pool level, 

later im aiming to answer a few of the questions ive recieved so keep an eye out for any info you wanted, 

chat later

ps - it’s hot! 😎

237B5FCF-8F50-4BD1-978E-C991D2688F1B.jpeg

1 hour ago, MR_T said:

Hi All, 

its nearly 10am on the first day (sea day), the pool is starting to fill up and we’ve opted to go up a deck to 15 to see how we like sitting by the running/walking track... so far it’s good and seems quieter vs down at the pool level, 

later im aiming to answer a few of the questions ive recieved so keep an eye out for any info you wanted, 

chat later

ps - it’s hot! 😎

237B5FCF-8F50-4BD1-978E-C991D2688F1B.jpeg

Just for info this picture was taken around 8am, by 9 it was bright clear sunshine ☀️ 

• Like 1

Thanks for sharing your sunny day with those of us who are shivering. Note to self:  remember to book winter holiday😎 

I see that Ray Brown, Jr. is aboard Reflection. He was on Silhouette last summer, and we quite liked his music. If you like Jazz and R&B, you’ll probably enjoy his band.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Silkroad said:

Thanks for sharing your sunny day with those of us who are shivering. Note to self:  remember to book winter holiday😎 

I see that Ray Brown, Jr. is aboard Reflection. He was on Silhouette last summer, and we quite liked his music. If you like Jazz and R&B, you’ll probably enjoy his band.

Yes a winter holiday is definitely the way to go, looking at the weather/temperatures back home the last few days makes me smile a little... 😜 

we have cruised before with Ray Brown jr onboard and I do enjoy him so I’m sure we’ll pop by at some point 😊 

So today we enjoyed our morning up on deck 15, we generally only last until mid day in the sun especially in the beginning as my fair English skin tends to turn rather red if exposed to the sun for to long... plus it tends to get quite busy by then and we just want to escape the crowds & noise... currently I’m sitting at bacio waiting for Julie as she’s getting some takeaway Sushi for lunch, I’m not a fan so she gets that and we go up to the buffet and eat together there, we may go to Sushi on 5 for dinner at some point as they do have other options for me that I do enjoy it’s just the raw fish I’m not a fan of! Julie really enjoys it so it’s a sacrifice I’m willing to make... I know what you’re all thinking.... im such a great husband 😂

chat later 👍🏼

• Like 1