Live From The Ruby Princess CA Coastal March 10-17, 2019

Woobstr112G

6 hours ago, Woobstr112G said:

Very beautiful day indeed sir.  Too bad it’s the last full day on the ship.....

Bob

The last time we were in Ensenada we wandered over to Hussong's. We each had 2 margaritas (very good!) and I ordered a "shot" of Cazadores which ended up looking much more like a big double shot. Total bill: $16. Of course we could have gone to the nearby Papa's & Beer and paid $40 or more for the same thing... (The Cazadores would have cost $14 since what I was poured was easily a double.) No thanks. Hussong's may not be fancy but the drinks are good, the exchange rate is prominently posted on the wall, and the prices are great. We don't need the tourist atmosphere of places like Papa's & Beer. We had good drinks and good service. I just left $20 to cover the bill and tip. $4 US is a darn good tip there.

Good morning from the Ruby Princess.  Well the dreaded day is here.  Time to get of this beautiful ship at the end of the cruise.  Right now we are getting close to entering the breakwater to enter the channel to our eventual docking. While ending the cruise always leaves me feeling a little melancholy, the best part of the cruise ending is we'll be picking up our beloved Golden Misha later in this morning.   

I hope everyone has found my Live From informative and enjoyable to read.  I really enjoy doing them.I will be posting a full review within the week as my work schedule lets me:classic_biggrin:.  I also will be uploading my pictures to my Flickr page within the next day or two.  I always begin touching up my photos and categorizing while still on the cruise.  This saves me a ton of time. In any case, the link to my Flickr page is in the bottom of my signature.

That's all for now, I'll probably check back in after we get home.  

Look for my next "Live From" in November from the new Sky Princess.

Bob

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Woobstr112G said:

Good morning from the Ruby Princess.  Well the dreaded day is here.  Time to get of this beautiful ship at the end of the cruise.  Right now we are getting close to entering the breakwater to enter the channel to our eventual docking. While ending the cruise always leaves me feeling a little melancholy, the best part of the cruise ending is we'll be picking up our beloved Golden Misha later in this morning.   

I hope everyone has found my Live From informative and enjoyable to read.  I really enjoy doing them.I will be posting a full review within the week as my work schedule lets me:classic_biggrin:.  I also will be uploading my pictures to my Flickr page within the next day or two.  I always begin touching up my photos and categorizing while still on the cruise.  This saves me a ton of time. In any case, the link to my Flickr page is in the bottom of my signature.

Bob

Really appreciated you taking the time out of your cruise to post the live.

Have a safe trip home.   😎

2 hours ago, Woobstr112G said:

Bob

Thanks Bob. Again another great blog. I did very much enjoy it as always. 

My next cruise in less than 2 weeks is only a 7 day one also and that truly is just not enough days. But, like  you, I have more planned or the rest of 2019. Again, thanks Bob.

Thank you Bob! It was so nice to meet you and Holli and so good to run into you a couple of times on board!

We made our future cruise deposits and will be looking to Hawaii for our next one.  (Not any time soon, unfortunately). I’ll be keeping up with you here on CC!

Hi Bob, thanks for doing this live review on the Ruby Princess. We really enjoyed your insight and beautiful pictures. We are even more anxious now to fly to LA next weekend to board the Ruby to Hawaii. I know your cruise is over, but I know you will be cruising again in no time! :classic_smile:

Cheers - Ken & Darlene

I really enjoyed following this, and getting to live vicariously through your posts while I'm waiting for my turn to get on board. Nearly there. I'm looking forward to doing a thread in a similar fashion. 

Can't wait to see the patters!

2 hours ago, Cyn874 said:

I really enjoyed following this, and getting to live vicariously through your posts while I'm waiting for my turn to get on board. Nearly there. I'm looking forward to doing a thread in a similar fashion. 

Can't wait to see the patters!

I’ll try and get them up ASAP.  My work schedule is really screwy this week. I have to divide my time at my job location along with teaching at our training academy.  An added roadblock is the fact Holli will be going under the knife on Wednesday to have a melanoma removed from her arm.  So I will be a tad short of free time for the coming week.....

Bob

33 minutes ago, Woobstr112G said:

I’ll try and get them up ASAP.  My work schedule is really screwy this week. I have to divide my time at my job location along with teaching at our training academy.  An added roadblock is the fact Holli will be going under the knife on Wednesday to have a melanoma removed from her arm.  So I will be a tad short of free time for the coming week.....

Bob

Bob... sending positive thoughts to Holli

take care of Holli and yourself first ... I've always enjoyed your live from and your posting style is clearly the best on this forum ... easy to read ... no manifestos ... and great pictures ... much appreciated

17 hours ago, Woobstr112G said:

Bob

Best wishes to Holli for a speedy and full recovery. The rest of us can wait.

20 hours ago, Woobstr112G said:

Bob

Healthy wishes to Holli! 😃

Thank you everyone for the positive thoughts for Holli.  I will pass them onto her.  Also, I just wanted to let everyone know that I've uploaded all of my pictures, including the patters, to my Flickr page.  The link to my Flickr page is near the bottom of my signature.  Once you click on the link you will be directed to my album page.  Simply then click on the Ruby Princess California Coastal Album.....:classic_smile::classic_smile::classic_smile:

Bob

**Note it appears that Flickr is down at the moment**

• Haha 1