Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
lindalo5032

Ladies - Where do you keep your cell phone?

Recommended Posts

6 hours ago, Tudy said:

Informational:  some have reported an increase in breast cancer among girls who tuck their cell phones in their bra.

There is no evidence of that.  No studies have ever come to that conclusion.  Just a crazy Dr Oz story.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, whyrlygig said:

There is no evidence of that.  No studies have ever come to that conclusion.  Just a crazy Dr Oz story.   

You know if it’s on the internet it has to be true, especially if it’s posted on the Cruise Critic board.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Tudy said:

Informational:  some have reported an increase in breast cancer among girls who tuck their cell phones in their bra.

 

If that's true then there is going to be an epidemic of right butt cheek cancer😊

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I use a little Vera Bradley cross body or wristlet.  Hubby bought me the cutest little Kate Spade wristlet on his cruise that I took on our family cruise.  I use a Vera Bradley backpack instead of a purse to fly and to take into port.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

OK, in the spirit of true confessions:  I wear mine in my bra and set it to vibrate!!  :classic_ohmy:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I carry my phone inside a small tote bag, along with my Kindle Fire , snacks and a water bottle if I am doing an excursion. 

Otherwise , it is in a wristlet or a crossbody, or a clutch if I am going to dinner.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/7/2019 at 12:37 PM, Ashland said:

This was always a problem...but now I recently found a very small thin cross body bag that will hold my iPhone and SeaPass card. Black (they had other colors) leather like at Target $10.00....it works great.

 

I don't like the lanyard types around my neck...my type is very comfortable.

 

Would love a link to this if you find it on their website. I'm going to go and check tomorrow to see if I find something similar. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/7/2019 at 5:13 PM, vacationlover_mn said:

During the day: in my beach bag, or locked up in my cool new thing (see pic), at night: in a cute purse.

 

note, the thing below holds two phones, 2 drivers license, cash, and a kindle paper white (not in a case)

C3DE450B-5090-4BEE-9ED0-E73619B09098.jpeg

 

I was thinking of getting one of these! Did you use it at the beach and the pool and felt comfortable just leaving it attached to the chair? Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, blueridgemama said:

 

If that's true then there is going to be an epidemic of right butt cheek cancer😊

I have been carrying my cell phone in my front pocket for years. The boys are just fine.😊

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Tudy said:

Informational:  some have reported an increase in breast cancer among girls who tuck their cell phones in their bra.

 

 

I offer free breast examinations.😈

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Boblovespikachu said:

 

I was thinking of getting one of these! Did you use it at the beach and the pool and felt comfortable just leaving it attached to the chair? Thanks!

Yes and yes 🙂. Definitely loved having this.  Just wish it was a tad taller, so my kindle would fit with its case on...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/7/2019 at 12:45 PM, Ashland said:

Yes they are ...but you need to refer to them now as "Belt Bags"....DD has a designer one and she corrected me :classic_laugh:

Yes Belt bags PC, especially if purchasing a LV or Gucci "belt bag".

 

Still a fanny pack to me!  LOL

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

At one of those "everything for $10" sales by the shops onboard, I found a very nice, small, crossbody bag.  It holds my seapass, phone, and prescription sunglasses.  I've also got a black patent leather one that I found at the local greeting cards store with a coupon so it was a good deal.  I use it for evenings.

 

Cruisin Cadie

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nevermind

Edited by Tudy
don't wish to respond.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Cruise a holic said:

Yes Belt bags PC, especially if purchasing a LV or Gucci "belt bag".

 

Still a fanny pack to me!  LOL

And for those who are sailing out of Cape Liberty I'm pretty sure you can get the Louis, Gucci and maybe Prada on a corner of Canal Street. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Iamcruzin said:

And for those who are sailing out of Cape Liberty I'm pretty sure you can get the Louis, Gucci and maybe Prada on a corner of Canal Street. 

But they look like LV, Gucci and Prada that were purchased on Canal street!  Not for those who like the real thing!  LOL

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Cruise a holic said:

But they look like LV, Gucci and Prada that were purchased on Canal street!  Not for those who like the real thing!  LOL

Faux or Real, neither are a good look.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/8/2019 at 10:19 PM, knon24 said:

 

Would love a link to this if you find it on their website. I'm going to go and check tomorrow to see if I find something similar. 

 

If you googlify cell phone bag and click on Shopping, you'll see lots of fun options, ranging from $10-$200.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bra if I forget this and don't have pockets, but these I love as long as I have pants or skirt on - when not traveling I use them to hold dog bags when walking dogs or keys/change/etc when trying to be hands free.

 

https://www.qvc.com/Set-of-2-On-the-Go-Belt-Free-Pouches-w-RFID-by-Lori-Greiner.product.H206829.html

Edited by ShillyShally

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, ShillyShally said:

Bra if I forget this and don't have pockets, but these I love as long as I have pants or skirt on - when not traveling I use them to hold dog bags when walking dogs or keys/change/etc when trying to be hands free.

 

https://www.qvc.com/Set-of-2-On-the-Go-Belt-Free-Pouches-w-RFID-by-Lori-Greiner.product.H206829.html

 

I really like this. I think I'm going to buy one. Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, knon24 said:

 

I really like this. I think I'm going to buy one. Thanks!

You're welcome!  They're super functional, and I know keep one in my go-to carry-on I always take traveling so I don't forget it!  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, ShillyShally said:

You're welcome!  They're super functional, and I know keep one in my go-to carry-on I always take traveling so I don't forget it!  

 

Have you ever had trouble with it demagnetizing your set sail pass or other cards? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, knon24 said:

 

Have you ever had trouble with it demagnetizing your set sail pass or other cards? 

No, then again this past cruise I kept it in the pocket on the back of my iphone case and had no problem with that either.  I think that issue has gotten a lot better than it was years ago as none of us had issues and we all kept them on/near things that used to cause issues with demagnetization.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • SAIL-AWAY GIVEAWAY - Enter Now for a Chance to Win a 7-day Cruise for Two
      • Q&A with InsureMyTrip
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...