Spring BREAKAWAY Live! 3/10/19

Gatorj

Well, this far the patch has seemed to work. It’s either that or we didn’t overindulge just yet.

After a pretty unorganized taxi drop off at the port, and having to ask a police officer where the porters were......

We’re checked in. Of course the shore crew here has no knowledge of boarding priority, and hands everyone a boarding card. We got group 4. Nope, going on with platinum.

aaa45264ee4c3f98b7b82a70737e06e0.jpg

Waiting area is already crowded at 10:35am.

• Like 1

Well, this far the patch has seemed to work. It’s either that or we didn’t overindulge just yet.

After a pretty unorganized taxi drop off at the port, and having to ask a police officer where the porters were......

We’re checked in. Of course the shore crew here has no knowledge of boarding priority, and hands everyone a boarding card. We got group 4. Nope, going on with platinum.

aaa45264ee4c3f98b7b82a70737e06e0.jpg

Waiting area is already crowded at 10:35am.

Did you find the Platinum check-in?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There wasn’t really a separate check in, but they did call platinum to board immediately after the “assistance needed” crowd.

We did bid on a few categories, but for the most part they were min-bids. Wasn’t that interested in a suite this time since we have 4 cabins pretty close together.

• Like 1

Muster over, atrium empty. Cocktail and seat at the bar. f06455f7cb188505efea57907e3d629c.jpg

So, in case anyone is wondering, yes the ship is full of kids and it’s clearly spring break for the adults as well. Pretty upbeat - more so than the normal sail away day. We’ll see how these folks are tomorrow am. And by these folks I mean me. Patch power, ACTIVATE!

• Like 2

How hard is it to find the porters? I’ve read other reviews of NOLA that make it all sound a bit messy. I’d really love for my luggage to show up on the ship.:)

(Spoiled by knowing Port of Miami very well, going on BA next month,)

Well, it wasn’t hard per se, just a bit unorganized.

Our luggage was outside the room as soon as we returned from muster.

NOLA cruise area is really cramped.  A bit of patience is definitely required though it’s no more chaotic than Miami.  Porters are available for dropping off (it’s a little walk from pier and will feel weird, but it works).  Just watch out for traffic as you are in the middle of a street when you drop off.  From there you’ll walk back across the tracks and into security area.  Keep your fellow travelers under control (kids and in our case grand papa who had trouble following directions,,,he is fairly clueless).