Cruise Critic Community
Gatorj

Spring BREAKAWAY Live! 3/10/19

Good morning New Orleans.
06f0a8a6c743c890c553e8146152b53f.jpg

So a little about the hotel JW Marriott. We chose this hotel because I stay almost exclusively in Marriott, and therefore have a ton of points. This hotel was 35k points per night. While nice, it’s just “ok” as Marriotts go, and not really up to par with other JW’s. They literally only have 7 suites (that’s not many for a 400 room hotel) and the rooms were standard fare otherwise - not $400 per night rooms if you know what I mean. The bar area was nice, and bartender George was great. Location is the real draw, as it’s 2 blocks from Bourbon and tons of good food nearby.

Would we stay here again? Sure, but if the Marriott across the street or Sheraton next door we’re priced favorably that would be my pick.

Next up, headed to the port.

Well, this far the patch has seemed to work. It’s either that or we didn’t overindulge just yet.

After a pretty unorganized taxi drop off at the port, and having to ask a police officer where the porters were......

We’re checked in. Of course the shore crew here has no knowledge of boarding priority, and hands everyone a boarding card. We got group 4. Nope, going on with platinum.

aaa45264ee4c3f98b7b82a70737e06e0.jpg

Waiting area is already crowded at 10:35am.

And onboard. 5c3721d975cba6b3cca709e16ef868e4.jpgc752c8d9d897831964909683c0feb945.jpg82caf3d55b070ae96fa9441b89c19349.jpge28d9230a34ce0a8777ca545d82bd1ad.jpg

Got passed in the gangway by several Vibe runners. We decided not to go for it this trip.

Well, this far the patch has seemed to work. It’s either that or we didn’t overindulge just yet.

After a pretty unorganized taxi drop off at the port, and having to ask a police officer where the porters were......

We’re checked in. Of course the shore crew here has no knowledge of boarding priority, and hands everyone a boarding card. We got group 4. Nope, going on with platinum.

aaa45264ee4c3f98b7b82a70737e06e0.jpg

Waiting area is already crowded at 10:35am.

Did you find the Platinum check-in?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There wasn’t really a separate check in, but they did call platinum to board immediately after the “assistance needed” crowd.

We did bid on a few categories, but for the most part they were min-bids. Wasn’t that interested in a suite this time since we have 4 cabins pretty close together.

Don’t expect quick bar service right now just before muster. Atrium bar is crushed. e0a4818d0aa15a48c04de23857e35aeb.jpg

Following along .... on the Breakaway next February out of PortCanaveral. Enjoying your style of writing - so fun. Can’t wait to learn more about the patches.

The trick is to hit the bar for 2 each a little earlier.  Then you have one to savor when the Muster is over...

The trick is to hit the bar for 2 each a little earlier.  Then you have one to savor when the Muster is over...

We did. Lol.

We enjoyed the Breakway, in Feb. Fun to see a fellow Missourian. We are from Springfield area.

The kid goes to MSU. We’re in Springy often.

Muster over, atrium empty. Cocktail and seat at the bar. f06455f7cb188505efea57907e3d629c.jpg

So, in case anyone is wondering, yes the ship is full of kids and it’s clearly spring break for the adults as well. Pretty upbeat - more so than the normal sail away day. We’ll see how these folks are tomorrow am. And by these folks I mean me. Patch power, ACTIVATE!

How hard is it to find the porters? I’ve read other reviews of NOLA that make it all sound a bit messy. I’d really love for my luggage to show up on the ship.:)

(Spoiled by knowing Port of Miami very well, going on BA next month,)

3 hours ago, Gatorj said:

Studio cabin. Pretty cool!
de361e4395975ff7a38da785ee3e0439.jpg

Very cool! So bright and cheery.

How hard is it to find the porters? I’ve read other reviews of NOLA that make it all sound a bit messy. I’d really love for my luggage to show up on the ship.:)

(Spoiled by knowing Port of Miami very well, going on BA next month,)

Well, it wasn’t hard per se, just a bit unorganized.

Our luggage was outside the room as soon as we returned from muster.