Symphony Live, March 9th to 16th - We’re Bach! A sharp review with flat Cs.

You all know the routine by now. Lisa, Owen and I leave early tomorrow for Symphony.

In the meantime what have we been up. Too much of this.

38ECC1F6-0C82-4970-98DF-EA34FA15E325.jpeg.282d8b885e34d433516f339617c73a18.jpeg

But it sure looks pretty. 

748E9B1F-22DE-4EB0-A623-67C2AF02C79D.thumb.jpeg.ad849274333e01d1ed8debbd10e2b1aa.jpeg

• Like 2

This past weekend we travelled through the famous Beaver Valley. It’s always fun at Beaver Valley. It’s a good place to plant your pole if you are a skier, down hill or cross country.

6BF3E7FC-8405-4793-A210-3F4941C0EB64.thumb.jpeg.713d7bb88184a58a2cd01b6a404a2210.jpeg

We arrived at our hotel hotel for the weekend, and the lake view was nothing like that of Miami. 

7B46C8ED-D744-4E10-A031-C5A087748174.thumb.jpeg.173be3ee5cc98ef22d6c037ab3dfd4de.jpeg

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

We were there specifically to go to a Hockey Tournament for Owen in a town called Meaford, which is 2.5 hours away from home. Our first game on Friday was against a town from St Mary’s, which is less than 20 minutes from home.  Beat them 4-3.  They played dirty, and we had no penalties. I will mention they are in the same league as us, but ranked higher. 

Game two on Friday we played Georgian Shores, and won 8-2 with one penalty.    Turns out that’s the son of our waitress that night was on that team. Thankfully she found that out after the food arrived.😉 Game three was against Buford on Saturday and we won 6-0 with one penalty.  We advanced to the finals against St Mary’s at noon on Sunday, the town minutes from home. 

Sunday finals.  At the end of the first it was 1-0 for us.  End of second, tied 1-1. End of third still tied.  It went into sudden death 5 minutes of overtime, with five on five players to start.  At every minute the clock would stop and a player for each team would be pulled. In the last minute it would be one on one and obviously the goalie in net.

Edited by A&L_Ont
  • Like 1

We only got seconds into overtime until the first shot on net, that being our first shot.  It was a sharp angled wrist shot, from deep in the left wing corner.  It beat the goalie’s glove hand and hit the back cross bar with a resounding clank, as the puck hit the bar. It was “bar down”, followed by pandiomium.  

What a win.

1FC3FE81-45F5-4F8F-B77E-EEB960E0C2DF.thumb.jpeg.680a1119204450dd130c978f0444af38.jpeg

Edited by A&L_Ont
  • Like 3

One penalty for us the entire game. They had three players in the box at one time, and one of them had a double minor for head contact. That kid sat in the box for 6 minutes in total.  I was actually surprised their coach wasn’t kicked out for questioning the referees at the start of the third.

So much for the coaching, how about those kids. 

EAEFE304-21E3-4AF9-A004-25E181004133.thumb.jpeg.7568bfcff623908e354fb3aa937b3f41.jpeg

Owen has played with some of these kids for close to five years. 

99FC91F8-95CB-4902-BAE8-89509AD5395C.thumb.jpeg.07676c81f6f1bed17a0728873c0c7c9f.jpeg

Proud mom in the hall.

319C4F87-4AF3-4657-AD6F-33CD84A35056.thumb.jpeg.5357143f09088a55f585bf9c84ce1ebb.jpeg

The road to the finals. 

E841B1E5-9844-4A16-9608-5C583F895AC7.thumb.jpeg.3036ae44ecfe9c5ef7a73b9611924a20.jpeg

• Like 11

Now, you get a small taste of what happens in the change room.  Just be thankful you don’t get the smell.  Trust me, you’d be thankful.

73E2AFAF-9C9C-498E-AD77-718B46B5EF67.thumb.jpeg.353c5c755ed920095039fb69ebfd0ec8.jpeg

EAC9172A-DAFD-42EC-B79C-F26B15022CCA.thumb.jpeg.c437a45b09a92a02c39b2b637751a774.jpeg

It was definitely worth the trip to Beaver Valley.  On a side note, Owen also learned a new euphemism this past weekend. 

Edited by A&L_Ont
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

We are on symphony in April! Can’t wait to follow along!

Congrats Owen! (As a parent if a 12 year old athlete that has me spending countless hours each week at a court or a field - I really love that you told this entire story with the word ‘we’...)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great tourny and win for Owen and team. As a coaches wife and former student athleta's Mom, I have spend a lifetime at sport complexes and loved every minute.  Am so following along.  Absolutely love your reviews. Enjoy the sun, sea and sand, that other "white stuff". This "Sister" is only my ship bucket list. Have sailed on the other three several times, so am anxious to hear/see your comparisons of hte public areas, service etc.  

1 hour ago, Sasksilver said:

Way to go Owen's team (Lucan?)!!!  What a way to start a vacation.  I'll be following.

Thanks for tagging along. 

38 minutes ago, Cel_cruise said:

We are on symphony in April! Can’t wait to follow along!

Congrats Owen! (As a parent if a 12 year old athlete that has me spending countless hours each week at a court or a field - I really love that you told this entire story with the word ‘we’...)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

“We” really is the right description.

7 minutes ago, The sea calls my name said:

Great tourny and win for Owen and team. As a coaches wife and former student athleta's Mom, I have spend a lifetime at sport complexes and loved every minute.  Am so following along.  Absolutely love your reviews. Enjoy the sun, sea and sand, that other "white stuff". This "Sister" is only my ship bucket list. Have sailed on the other three several times, so am anxious to hear/see your comparisons of hte public areas, service etc.  

Coaches take, rightly or wrongly, some heat at times. A good coach can make a great difference to a team.  We have seen the difference in soccer, baseball and hockey. Please thank your hubby for coaching. It is a thankless thing to do.

As for Symphony I’m excited to see the differences as well.  

3 minutes ago, cruisegirl1 said:

Looking forward to the review.  I'm sure it will be a great cruise. Don't Strauss over anything.  Make a  Liszt of everything you want to do. 

Well done cruisegirl.  Well done. 🙂

• Like 2

The Storm Tropper is partially loaded, and most of the house tasks are completed. Owen has been home from school for a little while. He looks ready to go, don’t you think.

No Uber Eats out here so we have to make something for dinner tonight. Last night for cooking and looking forward of a week of no bed making. 

6CDCE206-7D15-4578-8C5D-2B34BF45499F.thumb.jpeg.454777160214e029237b05379ee63434.jpeg

• Like 2

Following along. We were on Symphony end of January, seems like a year ago. Hope some periscopes  will also be forthcoming!!! Star Class this sailing???

mac_tlc

Edited by mac_tlc

Now Holst your horses, just catching up! This will Beet hoven to cook and clean for yourselves for the week.

That's about it, think I'm baching up the wrong tree for any more!

Looking forward to another entertaining live review!

Edited by LincolnLegend
failure to spell correctly!
  • Like 1

Following along. We were on Symphony end of January, seems like a year ago. Hope some periscopes  will also be forthcoming!!! Star Class this sailing???

mac_tlc

Mac, that’s a yes for the scopes and for the cabin.

• Thanks 1

Following along, as we board the Symphony the day you disembark!   I have silently followed a few of your other trip reports.  Thanks for sharing your vacations! 

Will Owen be going to the kids/teen club?  My teens are a bit uncertain as they LOVED the club on our Holland America sailing and were not as fond of the Disney clubs.  DCL had too many kids and too little structure and the counselors didn't really talk to the kids.  HAL had very few kids and more structure, and the counselors were WAY more friendly and interactive.  The counselors on HAL were among *my* favorite people on board, as they pointed me to the best bars, best drinks, and best days, times, and locations for wildlife sightings (Alaska).  

Anyway, looking forward to this report!