Symphony Live, March 9th to 16th - We’re Bach! A sharp review with flat Cs.

Thank you Andrew for your very engaging stories.  It's not enough that I feel sad when I finish my own cruises, that I now start to feel sad when you finish yours 😉

I hope you, Owen and Lisa had a chance to rest up, particularly that you were arriving on St-Patricks day, and on top of that, the Juno Awards were in your town.  It must have been busy around there.

Anyway, Thanks again and looking forward to your next thread with stories and great pics.

Dennis

Good Lord Andrew, Rick  and York....whew.

I feel like I need a break after your trip lol. You guys maximize your fun time and I dig it....I remember back when Oasis was being built and York and Andrew keeping the suite battle going. So awesome to see you guys out there doing it to the max!!

Thanks for the thread and Scopes...makes a fun follow...

Wow, just got back from Orlando (WDW) and missed your live cruise. Happy that your stay in Miami was better than last time.

Glad your family and Tim went to the BB&T Center to see the Panthers game. The playoffs are just weeks away.

image.png.961016ba276ce10f1f62ba0743728713.png

Andrew -

With our cruise only a few weeks away - we are entering packing mode! Our group has an 8, 12, and 14 year old - Question is related to the 80s party...do you know if it is kid friendly or adult only?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey Andrew, thanks so much for another fun review and scopes! Looks like you guys had a great time! You helped pass the time until our cruise on Harmony on the 29th! Time to start packing!

Just a quick question, what did they serve for the lunch at Balmoral? This looks interesting. 

On 3/17/2019 at 3:09 PM, Canadian Disney Mom said:

Thanks for the great review!!  We just got off on the 9th.  This made me miss it even more!!

Jess

On 3/17/2019 at 4:55 PM, TMFTL said:

Thank you for taking us along.  Symphony next year!!

You are most welcome.

On 3/18/2019 at 7:30 AM, dpostman said:

Thank you Andrew for your very engaging stories.  It's not enough that I feel sad when I finish my own cruises, that I now start to feel sad when you finish yours 😉

Don't be sad.... you didn't have the full day if travel home.  The worst part.

On 3/18/2019 at 9:13 AM, joand452 said:

Thanks for another fun cruise!

When and where are we going next? I’m ready to roll!

Late September, 2019.  Unless I get another last minute one in this summer. 😉

• Like 3

On 3/18/2019 at 7:57 PM, zoomerica said:

Good Lord Andrew, Rick  and York....whew.

I feel like I need a break after your trip lol. You guys maximize your fun time and I dig it....

Thanks for the thread and Scopes...makes a fun follow...

Rest since we have been home is greatly appreciated for sure.  I'm not exactly sure how Rick does it.  Maybe he plugs in or something, Energizer Bunny idea.  Most likely youth is the easy answer. 

On 3/18/2019 at 11:29 PM, Freo said:

Glad your family and Tim went to the BB&T Center to see the Panthers game. The playoffs are just weeks away.

Looking forward to it.  Leafs Nation will be crazy.

On 3/19/2019 at 7:32 AM, barbeyg said:

Thanks, Andrew!  Great review as always.  :classic_biggrin:

Helped a bit of time pass before our next cruise.

Now what to do for the next two months?  lol

Countdown the days would be my suggestion. 😉

On 3/19/2019 at 7:08 PM, rubyjane10 said:

Andrew, it was

nice to meet you and your family.  We are the family from Minnesota at the stingray excursion.  

Karla

Hello Karla.  That was a great day, other than being up before the sun.  It was nice to meet you, your family and friends.  Hope you had a safe trip home and enjoyed the rest of the cruise.

On 3/19/2019 at 7:35 PM, Biker19 said:

Welcome to CC and coming out of lurk mode.

Indeed.  Now they can partake in dress code, chair hog, and tipping threads.  Oh, the joy.

Edited by A&L_Ont
  • Haha 1

On 3/19/2019 at 10:01 PM, Cel_cruise said:

Andrew -

With our cruise only a few weeks away - we are entering packing mode! Our group has an 8, 12, and 14 year old - Question is related to the 80s party...do you know if it is kid friendly or adult only?

I saw parts of it from the inside of the pub.  It looked great for the kids and the music was from my childhood.  You might have to referance a few things for them, like Pac Man... as they might only know it from the Pixel movie.  

• Thanks 1

On 3/20/2019 at 2:39 AM, rkkunk said:

Hey Andrew, thanks so much for another fun review and scopes! Looks like you guys had a great time! You helped pass the time until our cruise on Harmony on the 29th! Time to start packing!

Just a quick question, what did they serve for the lunch at Balmoral? This looks interesting. 

Lunch was provided with the Cabana for 4.  Both times we ate here it was good food.  I had the conch fritters with beans and rice. The salad had onion in it but it was all good. 

DABEFF8C-EF2B-47EE-95FD-D62F933D65A4.thumb.jpeg.9520faed2df04c10e8bba2e0f65682a9.jpeg

lisa had the ribs and fries.  Owen had the hot dog and fries. There were other options such as fish, burger etc....

B6631A69-3C7F-47F3-82DA-6ED62EA6C137.thumb.jpeg.5ebd88f44a6e54a77aaa12ebf96a81f7.jpeg

They also inculded 4 bags of chips along with water and champagne.  We switched it out for pop/soda.  This one caught my eye.... Maui.

3A36CA7D-71B7-4191-B7C4-D26CA8EC8086.thumb.jpeg.7fa947fdd906d00987c5ee3f6fadbfd3.jpeg

They also also had a reastarant/bar area to where you could purchase items. In our case they brought it all to us.  Hope this helps. 

• Like 1

On 3/20/2019 at 8:23 AM, kittymamma said:

No welcome home pictures of Lucy this time ????

Just imagine her giving us the same look that this squirrel is getting. 3,2,1.... pounce. 

69E4D0EB-2523-4357-9B2D-E706F3CF4DED.thumb.jpeg.1fca0d928254676db42aedacccce8c34.jpeg

Here looking a bit cuter. 

B1AFA863-EEB7-4C3E-BB19-FFD2EFA7D827.thumb.jpeg.3581c48958f7b410add3431c5ec639b8.jpeg

Lisa actually picked her up on the Sunday morning from our neighbour’s front poach, and drove her home in the car.  This was her on Monday morning, coming home after a night out on the town. She must be hunting all night or sleeping in another neighbour’s heated shop.  

Like a college kid sneaking in, thinking they won’t be caught. At least she wasn’t still wearing her St Patrick’s Day outfit from the night before. It was always the easiest way to catch the ones that didn’t go to their own house on Halloween.  LOL, back in the day we called it the walk of shame. 

1A62CF58-A3D1-429E-ACB3-9C1A570540D7.thumb.jpeg.756515ae842f99a0d00cf4a87731490a.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

16 hours ago, gatour said:

Andrew have you started to post the Cruise Compasses?

Here is the link. I’m about to post the AO Compasses. I didn’t keep the regular ones.

I hope it helps to plan your cruise adventure on Symphony.

• Like 1

Final thoughts. Had a blast. How could I not with past cruise friends and my family on board.  

Shows were the best we have ever seen. 

Food, to us was amazing. Food is subjective. 

Cabin Stewards, on point.

Genie Andrei was thorough, professional, accommodating, and one of the best. We’d be honoured to sail with him again, and hope to one day.

Only a few improvements we can think of.  Get wet wipes at Playmakers for those who order wings. Deal with chair hogs. 

• Thanks 1