Cruise Critic Community
Briitini

Carnival Breeze- Deck 1 Riviera

I am going on the Breeze for the 3rd time and was wondering if I should avoid or book on the 1st deck (Riviera). I am not sure if there are any benefits of being on deck 1 or none at all and I should avoid. I have always stayed on higher decks... so just trying to get some other thoughts and opinions as well as experiences.

I have no concerns, but want to know if there are any things I should know about positive or negative before making that selection

I have no experience with sailing on deck 1 of the Breeze, but I just read this thread from someone who did ... it's in the first post.

Deck 1 is nice for the ports.  You can just walk down the stairs to the gangway. and when you reboard, just walk up a flight to get to your cabin.  No having to wait for elevators.  Two flights up to the MDRs - good exercise.  EM

I haven’t the done the Breeze on a low deck, but we did the Sunshine on deck 2. Low decks are great for port days! 

Posted (edited)

We did the deluxe ocean view on the Breeze, deck 1. Room 1416.  Loved the room (2 bathrooms!!), but it just felt so far removed from everything. We bought a bottle of alcohol for our room and didn't drink it all because it was so inconvenient to walk back and forth. But like other people said, it's convenient for port days. 

Edited by xostacylee

42 minutes ago, mikayla73 said:

I have no experience with sailing on deck 1 of the Breeze, but I just read this thread from someone who did ... it's in the first post.

This is a huge help.. thank you so much!

we loved our trip on the Breeze on deck one. We always try to choose lower decks in the middle since they have less motion and the Breeze is our favorite ship ever! We stayed in room 1421.