Eurodam Suite Question URGENT RESPONSE

ScottC4746

My TA called me about upgrading to either a Signature Suite or a Neptune Suite.  The price is not in the equation.  We have a Veranda stateroom now.  What is the difference between the two suites and the perks.  I am going to give my response tomorrow before 8 AM PST.

GO!

5 minutes ago, ScottC4746 said:

My TA called me about upgrading to either a Signature Suite or a Neptune Suite.  The price is not in the equation.  We have a Veranda stateroom now.  What is the difference between the two suites and the perks.  I am going to give my response tomorrow before 8 AM PST.

GO!

Neptune 100% so worth it! Lounge, Laundry +++ Take it!

• Like 2

The Neptune is a little bigger, has a bigger balcony, and you have access to the Neptune lounge.  Overall, just a little more luxurious.   That being said, I love the Signature Suites. A nice step up from a regular balcony. 

7 minutes ago, ScottC4746 said:

Lounge?

Do tell.

It's an exclusive lounge only for Neptune and Pinnacle Suites with your own concierge. There is a special coffee machine in there as well as snacks through out the day. Big TV and just a nice place to relax whenever you want to.

Edited by Snowesha

44 minutes ago, ScottC4746 said:

GO!

I think I am on your cruise and I just took the upsell from a Signature Suite to a Neptune and am very excited by this move.  The Neptunes are about 25% larger, but the biggest differences are in the "perks" you get from being in the Neptune.  Some the the better ones are:

Access to the Neptune Lounge (check out the HAL website for details)

Being able to have breakfast in the Pinnacle Grill each morning

Free Laundry and dry cleaning

VIP Boarding, disembarkation and tender service

Normally a welcome aboard cocktail party the first evening for only Neptune passengers

Free bottle of Sparkling wine in your cabin (can often trade for a house bottle of wine).

Nice coffee maker in your cabin.

High tea served in your cabin upon request

Apps served in your cabin upon request

Priority for dining options

Go for the Neptune, if it is not too late already for the upsell (I think all the SA cabins have now been taken).  If you do - look me up in the Neptune Lounge.

The only negative to the Neptune cabins is that once you do them, it will be hard to go back!

Pretty sure I'm also on that cruise. Got an offer today from a VB to either Signature Suite or Neptune Suite.  Prices were too high for me so I'm hoping they come down over the coming weeks.  However, I wouldn't bother going to the Signature suites, only the Neptunes.

Here's a NS on the Eurodam

We walked passed the crowd and into our suite

DSC0056220Stitch-001_zps543e8mac.jpg

DSC00570_zpsseqfrpz2.jpg

DSC00572_zpsduzq4fpf.jpg

• DSC00599-001_zpsjyxjotou.jpg

DSC00600_zps5azjubpl.jpg

We decided to save the bubbly for a rainy day .

DSC00577-001_zpsgynm5cl9.jpg

The suite had a his and her's closet and 'rock star' robes . We named them that because when you opened the door , spotlights shined on them .

DSC00595_zpsmhorzqua.jpg

DSC00646_zpsqvgjkjbm.jpg

We would take the NS !

You can read more about our Eurodam cruise to Alaska here :

Neptune Lounge -- open from 7 AM - 8 or 8:30 PM.

Continental breakfast from 7 - 10:30 AM -- pastries, fresh fruit, cheeses, meat, cereal, toaster, orange juice and of course the special coffee machine.

Around 10:30 AM a change over is made.  Usually 3 or 4 kinds of finger sandwiches, cookies, chocolates, a couple of other snacks, cranberry juice and that special coffee machine.

Around 4:30 a change is made.  Under the dome are cold appetizers along with carrots, olives, etc.  Many ships have nacho chips and salsa on the side board.  This is available until about 8.

The concierges can arrange for you to have tea in your cabin (or verandah).  Or you can request hot appetizers to be served at a time of your choice.

There is an honor's bar -- make your own cocktail, fill out the slip and the drink will be charged to your cabin.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, ScottC4746 said:

I hope I am not to late for the Neptune.  By the time I got the message the TA had closed for the day.

I took a peek at the HAL website this morning for our cruise and see that all of the SA cabins are gone, but there are still a few of the SB and SC ones open, so get to your TA as soon as they open.  At least in my case, this is the least expensive upsell offer to a Neptune that I have ever seen (or heard of) for a 7 day cruise.

From what I can see, most of the SBs that are open are on deck 6 (Neptune Lounge is deck 7) about midway between the forward and midship elevators (there are 3 right now in this group, all on the Starboard side)..  However, there are some aft-wrap SBs open on decks 4, 5, 6 and 8 (all Starboard I think).  I like these aft-wraps and since you will not be near the Lounge anyway, I would really consider one of them instead.  Of these, I would take deck 8 (8173) as it is just one deck below the Lido Deck.

There are also at least 3 SCs open, all on deck.  They are also Starboard and located between the midship and aft elevators.  I would not hesitate to book one of these, as they are basically identical to the other Neptunes except for a SLIGHTLY less accessible location and I consider them to be about the same as the already mentioned SBs location wise.  HAL uses this SC category as a "promotional" one, allowing them to advertise lower suite prices but not on all Neptunes.

Go for it - hope to see you onboard!  

I've stayed in the SC and SB (non-aft) categories that are not on the same deck as the lounge and did not find it inconvenient at all.  The rooms are great for the size alone and the lounge is not that far.

If you look at a deck plan, you'll SA suites that are essentially just as far from the lounge as the SC ones, the difference being that SA are on the same deck as the lounge where the SC are one deck below.  The midship stairs and elevators are "on the way" to the lounge, though.

Edited by bEwAbG

18 minutes ago, ScottC4746 said:

Got it!  SB Corner Suite Aft.

GREAT!!  Now we can meet up in the Neptune Lounge.  Looks like the Neptunes will be sold out very soon as I am not seeing any aft ones left.

I am sure you will like that corner-aft wrap - we have done those several times and really enjoyed them, especially on warm weather cruises.

Now you will be spoiled forever!

Edited by DaveOKC

• 1 year later...
On 3/8/2019 at 12:19 PM, EbayCruiser said:

Hi EbayCruiser.

Off topic but hope you see this message.  Please tell me what large veranda cabin you had on Koningsdam per your post below.  TIA

I just spoke with my PCC and she can look on her deck plans and tell you the actual sq. footage of the stateroom and the sq. footage of the balcony. Of course, she said it could change but that is the sq. footage that they have listed at this time for that specific room.

I thought that was pretty interesting. She helped me pick a V category stateroom with a HUGE 125 sq. ft. balcony.