Navigator Amplified in Photos

Thank you Twangster for a great photo blog of all the bars, restaurants and public areas on the new look Navigator.

We’re sailing on her in April and this will also be our first cruise with Royal Caribbean, seasoned NCL cruisers up until now. Your information was great for us to recce and try to get up to speed with the included, not included, where to find things etc.

still, we have to explore when we first get on board, can’t wait.

cheers 

Derek

• Like 1

Awesome photos- I can’t wait to board next month! 

You don’t happen to know whether you can take go pros on the water slides? I saw some footage of the riptide and it would look awesome in my holiday video. I don’t know whether they just allowed it for media or whether anyone can use go pros on it. I know you could on the Abyss on the SoS

also I am so happy about that late night grub. I see my favourite pumpkin cheese rolls!!! And those burgers after many drinks won’t taste that bad 💁🏻‍♀️

Edited by Guest

17 minutes ago, TheIrishRover said:

Fantastic photos and cruise information. Could you share what you used to take the photos?

Looking forward to my cruise later this month more than ever after viewing your photo collection. Well done!

We immediately noticed that a wide angle and/or "fisheye" lens appeared to be used for a number of photos.

A nice group of memory photos on board Navigator - bravo.

Outstanding photos and excellent information. Thanks so much for taking the time to post all this.

We are boarding Navigator on March 29th. Super excited to see all this in person.

Edited by catella02
misspelling

56 minutes ago, Keri's Cruisin' said:

Twangster...how is the internet on the ship? Loved your photo's so much!

I was on Navigator in December and the Voom performance is pretty much the same.  To be fair satellite coverage down by the ABC islands isn't the same as it is closer to Florida.  I noticed a big difference as we got closer to Cuba and the Strait of Florida.  

However all these photos were uploaded over Voom Surf and Stream and most of it was posted to CC last night from the ship. So... it's not O3b like Freedom class and newer but it's better than most cruise lines.

50 minutes ago, TheIrishRover said:

Fantastic photos and cruise information. Could you share what you used to take the photos?

Looking forward to my cruise later this month more than ever after viewing your photo collection. Well done!

Sony A7iii

31 minutes ago, CRUISEFAN0001 said:

We immediately noticed that a wide angle and/or "fisheye" lens appeared to be used for a number of photos.

A nice group of memory photos on board Navigator - bravo.

Sony 12-24mm. On the wide end it isn't technically a fisheye (which I brought and never used) but 12mm does create some distortion at the edges that  have to be careful with.  

Thanks!

Edited by twangster
  • Like 1

52 minutes ago, twangster said:

So... it's not O3b like Freedom class and newer but it's better than most cruise lines.

Unlike RCCL, CCL is continuing to upgrade a number of Princess ships with MedaillonNet (their O3B internet). 

Wow, these are great pictures, how did you get these with no people in most of them? I can't wait to go on Navigator in about 3 weeks. She is so beautiful, I really love the bright colors they have added.

When you said the club is for Gold or above, we are Platinum so that means we can use it now?

Thanks for sharing these pics, I am so excited.....

On 3/9/2019 at 5:32 PM, twangster said:

Soft serve ice cream has been moved behind a counter and is no longer self serve:

My grown children will be crying.They had a cruise tradition of pretty much eating nothing but ice cream on an entire cruise.

6 hours ago, tinkr2 said:

My grown children will be crying.They had a cruise tradition of pretty much eating nothing but ice cream on an entire cruise.

They can still eat as much as they want, they just don't serve themselves.  I love that they serve it to you now.  This will eliminate the 3 foot radius of sticky nasty mess that always surrounded the ice cream machines when people don't know how to make a cone and have the ice cream fall off the cone immediately after making it.  :)

Dan

• Like 1
  • Haha 1