Cruise Critic Community
like2cruise

Equinox 3/2/19 cruisers-did you skip Punta Cana?

Welcome Home Equinox 3/2/19 Cruisers!

I am sure you are sad your cruise is over, but it means I am on the next Equinox Eastern Caribbean cruise that departs 3/16/19.  I hope you had a great cruise.  When I looked at the Celebrity App for your sailing, it didn't list Punta Cana.  Were you scheduled to go there or did your itinerary change?

If anyone had the dailies that they would upload, I know I and others would appreciate it 🙂

THANKS!!

Edited by like2cruise

So in this case, do you dock elsewhere to make up for the missed port? Extra time in the next one? How does that work exactly? I’ve never missed a port before so not sure what they usually do when that happens.

I know it's not the date you requested, but on our January cruise we did dock. My wife and I stayed on the ship and watched the tender boats bounce around from our balcony.

3 hours ago, bigredcar said:

So in this case, do you dock elsewhere to make up for the missed port? Extra time in the next one? How does that work exactly? I’ve never missed a port before so not sure what they usually do when that happens.

Two weeks ago, we went to Samana instead of Punta Cana.  We really enjoyed that replacement.  Typically, you miss the port, get a refund of the port fees, and then move at a snail's pace to your next scheduled destination.  Occasionally, you may go to another port but don't count on it.  

Thanks for the info, we get on the 30th and we’ve never missed a port before, so a little confused on how that might work. Now I don’t know if we should book an excursion or wait and wing it.

Hi - we were on this sailing and just as keesar stated we moved at a snail's pace to our next port which resulted in another sea day.

2 hours ago, bigredcar said:

Thanks for the info, we get on the 30th and we’ve never missed a port before, so a little confused on how that might work. Now I don’t know if we should book an excursion or wait and wing it.

If you book with a private company not affiliated with Celebrity, you should check out their refund policy if a ship does not arrive to the port.  Many will refund your deposit/payment but you need to check that out.  As for Celebrity excursions, you will get a credit or refund.