Bermuda 3 overnights...balcony, or no?

TwinsXTwo

Help me think - those of you that have been to Bermuda and stayed several nights, did you use your balcony a lot?  An OV is much cheaper for us, so I'm just weighing the cost/benefit.  How much time did you spend in your room or even on the ship when you were in Bermuda? 

(I know these are a lot of "depends on what you like, or what you want to do" type questions, but what did you do/what do you think?)

Thanks!

Our first few cruises to Bermuda were on ships that had no balcony option, the single port hole was nice to share!  I don't *need* a balcony, though they are nice and yes, we now book cruises that give us the opportunity to step outside directly from our cabin.  When we're in Bermuda, we spend so much time ashore, coming back to the ship in the evening, sitting outside on my deck chair isn't necessary. Yes, we are heading to Bermuda in May of this year and booked concierge level and those have a balcony - booked more for location. Check the deck plans and try to book a room close to an outside access door - the best views are always from the large open decks. Book a regular ocean view and save your money for a drink or two at the Swizzle Inn, rum cake, pottery shop, glass blowing factory, renting a Twizzy to tour the island.

Darcy

• Like 1

We use our balcony a lot so we always try to book a cabin with this option. I am up early and do go walking but then grab my latte and sit on the balcony until my husband gets ready for breakfast. When we return during the day or in the evening again we sit out relax and enjoy the quiet. Last trip we were not facing the shore for the first time in Bermuda but it was OK anyway. 

It is a matter of personal choice we deal with people all day every day and like some alone time on our vacations.

Enjoy any choice you make your on a cruise :).

• Like 1

On Bermuda cruises I hardly used the balcony so I don't book them anymore on Bermuda sailings. In port I did use it at all. At sea, the air temp in the Atlantic can be brisk. If you are cruising in April or May you probably won't be out there much. I have also done other cruises out of the northeast than Bermuda and in those months and also found the balcony to be mostly a waste.  For Caribbean cruises I always book balconies. But that is my personal perspective.

Edited by Charles4515
  • Like 2

Went to Bermuda last summer with a balcony and we used it quite a bit.  When we are on the ship and like to relax in our room we like the quietness of a balcony.  You won't really know though if you should book port or starboard side though as ships pull in different ways each cruise to do different upkeep on the pier side. 

Back in 2016 my friend and I had an aft-facing balcony cabin on the NCL Dawn.  We had the most amazing view of the America's Cup yacht races that year.  What a treat that was.

Of course the America's Cup is not in Bermuda again any time soon, but we've booked an aft balcony again this year anyway.  🙂 

That said, I enjoyed my oceanview cabin last year on a Norwegian fjord cruise, despite the lack of balcony.  I figured that voyage would be chilly enough that I wouldn't sit out on the balcony enough to warrant the cost.  But I did spend a lot of time running around on the Promenade deck taking pictures!