Cruise Critic Community
tgwabd

Caribbean Princess medallion review

I just ordered my medallion last week and the wristbands were on the order form and said complementary. We are sailing on Caribbean princess in may. Any one else experiencing this

We just got off the Caribbean Princess and were not offered wristbands.  We would have liked that.  We go to Disney a lot and like using their Magicbands.  Disney, however, gives you the bands.  We don’t care for the idea of having to pay for Medallion bands and will not do so.

In other respects, we enjoyed the Medallion experience on the ship and we had no problems with it.  We actually enjoyed having the Medallion unlock our door more than we thought we would.

One question did you have medallions mailed to you  or pick up at port?  If was on the ocean ready app when we filled it out along with the lanyard

I had my medallions mailed; and I just used the provided lanyard.

14 hours ago, TrixiePixie said:

I just ordered my medallion last week and the wristbands were on the order form and said complementary. We are sailing on Caribbean princess in may. Any one else experiencing this

I ordered wristbands as well which were complimentary when I placed my order. Reports are that nowhere is a $10 charge for each wristband.

So you think I will owe money when they come in the mail. As of now my order says I owe $0

TrixiePixie; you should be ok

13 minutes ago, TrixiePixie said:

So you think I will owe money when they come in the mail. As of now my order says I owe $0

No. Your order was placed when they were free.

On Caribbean Princess now. Wristbands are now $12. Worth the cost to me.

On 3/10/2019 at 4:57 PM, WisCruiser2 said:

The photo you upload for your avatar can be different from the one you upload for your security photo. We used photos of our dog & cat, so when we approached our room or stood by the elevator screens those were the photos that popped up. I'm not sure which photo (avatar or security) shows up on the waitstaffs' screens. 

Exactly right. I uploaded a newly taken photo of me (a selfie) from my iPhone for security and a picture of my African Grey parrot for my avatar. I didn’t want my pix flashing as a passed by a screen.