Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
ScottC4746

Eurodam Neptune Suite Questions

Recommended Posts

Sorry to sound like a nervous Nelly here but I am just excited being 29 days out of our cruise.  We did the upgrade from a Veranda to a SB Neptune.  I hate to ask all of this to the suite steward and looking like a, pardon the expression, crass American Nouveau riche.    While we are carrière pauvres we are looking forward to our cruise.

Are there any perks on board for being in a Neptune Suite.  A couple of questions are:

1. With our beautiful veranda, how is the breakfast in the room?  The problem with room service (having majored in hotel management) is keeping the temperature and quality like it should be and being Mexico how humid is it going to be.  We will be on the Riviera side.  A few years ago we had a balcony on RCCL on the Caribbean side and even went as far as Belize and we could hardly stand to be on the balcony it was so hot (in December) and humid.

2.  How does the Neptune Lounge work?

3. Do we have preferred showroom seats?

4. There is no butler is there?  God I hope not.  I wouldn't know what to do with one.  I am reminded of Tim Curry on Clue when he was asked what you do as a butler and he responded with, "I buttle, sir."

5. With the bathtub is it worth bringing some fizzy bath bombs or do those not work with the ship's plumbing system?  Is it big enough for two?

Anything else we should know.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Try to answer most of your questions:

1.  HAL does a very good job with all of their room service meals, including breakfasts.  You can use the door card to order the night before and on this card you can even write in normal breakfast items (that are in the MDR) and you will normally get it.

2, The Neptune Lounge is open from about 7AM-8PM (depends on the ship).  You use your room key to enter.  Normally one of the two concierges will be there to assist you with whatever you need - dining reservations, shore excursions, any front desk normal things, print boarding passes, answer any questions (like what deck is being used that day for departures), address any room problems (like a toliet that will not flush), arrange for a high tea or apps for your room, etc.  Do not be afraid to ask for help or ask questions (I have asked some dumb ones in the past).  

2. There is some sort of food/snacks/drinks there for most of the day and they are changed out to be time of day appropriate.  Drinks are coffee, cappuccino, tea, iced tea, juice and water.  Milk in the morning (I usually take some back for my cabin refrig for my late night snack (cookies).  And be sure to try the great chocolates in the afternoons!  They also have an honor bar for your mixed drinks (not free of course).

3. No preferred seating - wish they did though!

4. No butlers.

5. I do not think bath bombs would be a good idea since the tubs are jetted.  My friend did this once and created a HUGE mess when the jets were turned on!

6.  There NORMALLY is a welcome aboard cocktail party for Neptune passengers, around 7 PM (between the two fixed dining times so everyone can attend).  The place varies by ship, sometimes in the Neptune Lounge itself, but normally in some other venue.  There should be an invitation in your cabin when you arrive, but sometimes the notice of this event is hidden in the Welcome letter you get in your cabin.  If you do not see it, be sure to ask one of the concierges.  Some of these parties are very nice, some very ordinary.  Sometimes the ship's officers attend, other times not.  Typical HAL - inconsistent.

7.  We do not like the sparkling wine that the Captain normally sends you (in your cabin as you arrive).  We just take it to the Neptune Lounge and ask to exchange it for sometime else (value around $18).  Normally we get a bottle of the house white, but sometimes we can get sodas or water.  One time they would not do anything - again inconsistent.

8.  When making your own reservations or checking in for Open dining or any other service, I casually show my Gold cabin key - it seems to help. 

 

Enjoy the Neptune!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You mention the Riveria side - I assume you mean the Port side?  I noticed that on this cruise the Port side cabins filled up the quickest, so I am assuming there is a reason for this.  Most of the cruise the Port side will have the morning sun, except for the last two sea days.  I am sure that later in the day it will get hotter but then the sun will be over the Starboard side plus we generally will be busy with other things - dinner, gambling, movies, etc.

 

We were on a similar cruise to the Panama Canal two months ago and the weather was great (even a bit chilly the first day out of LA). 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think you mean the Pacific Ocean side of Mexico. It is quite warm, but I don't think as humid as the Caribbean side. If I remember right you scored a back corner NS. I will attach some pics of our corner on our cruise to the Mexican Rivera - with breakfast on our amazing baloney looking out to Cabo. Rumour is that about 50 people can fit on the deck 5 balcony. From that balcony we enjoyed the smell of freah baked bread every afternoon wafting up from the kitchen. The room service main courses do come to you covered with a heated underplate. I can also include a pic of the tub. As I recall, it's about 6 feet long, but skinny. Two could fit. Bath salts are includes among the several extra items, but I have put just a couple of drops of bubbling stuff in and it works fine. But only a few drops. There is a coffee maker (pod style) in the room. They have a much fancier one in the Neptune Lounge. Since you have worked in the hotel industry, I think you will be very pleased with the two hosts in the Neptune Lounge. They are happy to help make dinner reservations and they have to power to get you in when no one else can. Whatever you need, they can make it happen. Love the quality of their service, and they never forget a name! Have a great time!

20180103_120954.jpg

20180103_121322.jpg

20180103_121356.jpg

20180105_085338.jpg

20180103_121225.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ScottC4746 said:

1. With our beautiful veranda, how is the breakfast in the room?  The problem with room service (having majored in hotel management) is keeping the temperature and quality like it should be and being Mexico how humid is it going to be.  We will be on the Riviera side.  A few years ago we had a balcony on RCCL on the Caribbean side and even went as far as Belize and we could hardly stand to be on the balcony it was so hot (in December) and humid.

2.  How does the Neptune Lounge work?

3. Do we have preferred showroom seats?

4. There is no butler is there?  God I hope not.  I wouldn't know what to do with one.  I am reminded of Tim Curry on Clue when he was asked what you do as a butler and he responded with, "I buttle, sir."

5. With the bathtub is it worth bringing some fizzy bath bombs or do those not work with the ship's plumbing system?  Is it big enough for two?

 

1.  We find the Pacific side of Mexico much less humid than the Caribbean side.

2.  You use your key to enter the Neptune Lounge.  There is a coffee machine (highly recommend it 🙂 ) and nibbles.  Two concierges, who will address you by name on your first visit, who will make dining reservations, make change for large bills, follow up on missing laundry, reserve shorex .....

3.  No

4.  No, thank goodness 😄 😄 😄

5.  I would not try two people in the tub.  YMMV 😉

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, DaveOKC said:

You mention the Riveria side - I assume you mean the Port side?  I noticed that on this cruise the Port side cabins filled up the quickest, so I am assuming there is a reason for this.  Most of the cruise the Port side will have the morning sun, except for the last two sea days.  I am sure that later in the day it will get hotter but then the sun will be over the Starboard side plus we generally will be busy with other things - dinner, gambling, movies, etc.

 

We were on a similar cruise to the Panama Canal two months ago and the weather was great (even a bit chilly the first day out of LA). 

Sorry what I meant by that was west coast of Mexico rather than the east coast or Caribbean side.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, twodjs said:

I think you mean the Pacific Ocean side of Mexico. It is quite warm, but I don't think as humid as the Caribbean side. If I remember right you scored a back corner NS. I will attach some pics of our corner on our cruise to the Mexican Rivera - with breakfast on our amazing baloney looking out to Cabo. Rumour is that about 50 people can fit on the deck 5 balcony. From that balcony we enjoyed the smell of freah baked bread every afternoon wafting up from the kitchen. The room service main courses do come to you covered with a heated underplate. I can also include a pic of the tub. As I recall, it's about 6 feet long, but skinny. Two could fit. Bath salts are includes among the several extra items, but I have put just a couple of drops of bubbling stuff in and it works fine. But only a few drops. There is a coffee maker (pod style) in the room. They have a much fancier one in the Neptune Lounge. Since you have worked in the hotel industry, I think you will be very pleased with the two hosts in the Neptune Lounge. They are happy to help make dinner reservations and they have to power to get you in when no one else can. Whatever you need, they can make it happen. Love the quality of their service, and they never forget a name! Have a great time!

20180103_120954.jpg

20180103_121322.jpg

20180103_121356.jpg

20180105_085338.jpg

20180103_121225.jpg

 

2 hours ago, twodjs said:

I think you mean the Pacific Ocean side of Mexico. It is quite warm, but I don't think as humid as the Caribbean side. If I remember right you scored a back corner NS. I will attach some pics of our corner on our cruise to the Mexican Rivera - with breakfast on our amazing baloney looking out to Cabo. Rumour is that about 50 people can fit on the deck 5 balcony. From that balcony we enjoyed the smell of freah baked bread every afternoon wafting up from the kitchen. The room service main courses do come to you covered with a heated underplate. I can also include a pic of the tub. As I recall, it's about 6 feet long, but skinny. Two could fit. Bath salts are includes among the several extra items, but I have put just a couple of drops of bubbling stuff in and it works fine. But only a few drops. There is a coffee maker (pod style) in the room. They have a much fancier one in the Neptune Lounge. Since you have worked in the hotel industry, I think you will be very pleased with the two hosts in the Neptune Lounge. They are happy to help make dinner reservations and they have to power to get you in when no one else can. Whatever you need, they can make it happen. Love the quality of their service, and they never forget a name! Have a great time!

20180103_120954.jpg

20180103_121322.jpg

20180103_121356.jpg

20180105_085338.jpg

20180103_121225.jpg

Beautiful photos.  We did the Grand Suite on RCCL nearly 13 years ago and we commented that you never saw too many people leave their room.  With beauty like this I understand.  Sun on our private veranda and not have to deal with chair hogs.  We just may order a pot of coffee and pastries for early breakfast in the state room and move to the Neptune Lounge for the full breakfast.  Isn't cruising about see how close to the shape of the ship you are when you disembark.  Part of the joys of cruising is the pampering and great food.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Neptune Lounge does not have a full breakfast -- just continental.

 

You can go to the Pinnacle Grill for a full breakfast -- free for PS and NS passengers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, ScottC4746 said:

 

Beautiful photos.  We did the Grand Suite on RCCL nearly 13 years ago and we commented that you never saw too many people leave their room.  With beauty like this I understand.  Sun on our private veranda and not have to deal with chair hogs.  We just may order a pot of coffee and pastries for early breakfast in the state room and move to the Neptune Lounge for the full breakfast.  Isn't cruising about see how close to the shape of the ship you are when you disembark.  Part of the joys of cruising is the pampering and great food.

Looking at the photos on my desktop rather than the mobile I can understand why someone would want to spend the entire time on their verandah and in the suite.  It is beautiful.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For me, us... the whole point of the NS is to get away from it just being another cruise.  If we're planning an active cruise like Mexico where we are out all the time, on beaches, snorkeling, booze cruise, Cabo-Wabo, etc.. then a veranda deck is just fine. Alaska where we're going now (2nd time) it's about enjoying the view and a NS helps with that. 

 

Plus we have not been on a vacation in several years and my wife just lost her mom.  This is a special treat, a time to relax, meditate, read a book, look at the scenery, not feel rushed.  

 

With the NS we can do that and enjoy the perks of being pampered.   Looking forward to the Pinnacle for few breakfasts and also ordering coffee and mimosas on the Veranda with a nice breakfast, hopefully (heard they are not serving it now) Salmon and bagels, a nice breakfast on the veranda, etc. 

 

I like the Concierge lounge, where we can get a snack, a better then cup-o-coffee, a treat, a getaway and also have someone to help with booking anything we need.  Also like that fact I can pack a little lighter and get my laundry done, dry cleaning and my shoes shined. 

 

Granted it is only for a short time, and then back to a 70-hour work week, but for a moment it's all stops 🙂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Question for Eurodam Neptune - do they still have the first night welcome aboard party for just Neptune passengers (on the Eurodam)?  If so, where and when is it held?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, DaveOKC said:

Question for Eurodam Neptune - do they still have the first night welcome aboard party for just Neptune passengers (on the Eurodam)?  If so, where and when is it held?

 

I can't say 100% for sure, but based on other forums and other posts, it's around 7pm in the Neptune Lounge... but it may be moved based on the expected number of guests.  Again this is only based on what others have said this last week or two.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Cls241 said:

 

I can't say 100% for sure, but based on other forums and other posts, it's around 7pm in the Neptune Lounge... but it may be moved based on the expected number of guests.  Again this is only based on what others have said this last week or two.

Is this on the Eurodam or other ships?  The smaller HAL ships often host it in the Neptune Lounge, since there are far fewer Neptunie cabins.  On the Vista and larger ships, they seem to be in various locations, as the Lounge is simply not large enough.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, DaveOKC said:

Is this on the Eurodam or other ships?  The smaller HAL ships often host it in the Neptune Lounge, since there are far fewer Neptunie cabins.  On the Vista and larger ships, they seem to be in various locations, as the Lounge is simply not large enough.

 

 

I found it through a general search earlier in this week re: "Eurodam" and "Neptune" here.  That being said, I guess it may depend on if they sell out the suites or not?  Was told there will be a letter in the cabin upon arrival letting us know the location. If I find the prior post, I will quote it here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Cls241 said:

 

I found it through a general search earlier in this week re: "Eurodam" and "Neptune" here.  That being said, I guess it may depend on if they sell out the suites or not?  Was told there will be a letter in the cabin upon arrival letting us know the location. If I find the prior post, I will quote it here.

I know that the Neptunes are now all Sold Out for our sailing on the Eurodam.  They did a $99 upsell offer for the Signature Suites and people (me included) jumped on that deal!  Now there are several people from our roll call in Neptunes, so I thought it would be interesting to meet up at the Neptune cocktail party (the reason for my question).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, DaveOKC said:

I know that the Neptunes are now all Sold Out for our sailing on the Eurodam.  They did a $99 upsell offer for the Signature Suites and people (me included) jumped on that deal!  Now there are several people from our roll call in Neptunes, so I thought it would be interesting to meet up at the Neptune cocktail party (the reason for my question).

I wish I knew more, as this is not a "roll call" I don't know which exact cruise and date you're speaking of... I know the ship I am going on has about 18 open, some still bunched together.  I guess I can't answer it... sorry.

2019-03-16_13-34-38.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, DaveOKC said:

I know that the Neptunes are now all Sold Out for our sailing on the Eurodam.  They did a $99 upsell offer for the Signature Suites and people (me included) jumped on that deal!  Now there are several people from our roll call in Neptunes, so I thought it would be interesting to meet up at the Neptune cocktail party (the reason for my question).

 

I want to make sure I am understanding you correctly, Dave.  You are in a Signature Suite right?  (Congrats on the wonderful upsell).

 

If that is the case, you can’t meet up at the Neptune Suite party.  It’s a closed private party no matter where they hold it. And they do check.

 

When we were on a Signature ship the receptions were in the Crow’s Nest and Ocean Bar but with all the changes now in layout, it’s hard to say where it will be. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, kazu said:

 

I want to make sure I am understanding you correctly, Dave.  You are in a Signature Suite right?  (Congrats on the wonderful upsell). When we were on a Signature ship the receptions were in the Crow’s Nest and Ocean Bar but with all the changes now in layout, it’s hard to say where it will be. 

 

 

I believe he said he WAS in a SS and then they upgraded him to a NS for $99.  Thanks for the help on the location possibility.  Not that I personally am looking forward to the reception, sounds like cheap sparkling wine that I would not want to dring anyway.  I guess we'll go to meet others though. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, kazu said:

 

I want to make sure I am understanding you correctly, Dave.  You are in a Signature Suite right?  (Congrats on the wonderful upsell).

 

If that is the case, you can’t meet up at the Neptune Suite party.  It’s a closed private party no matter where they hold it. And they do check.

 

When we were on a Signature ship the receptions were in the Crow’s Nest and Ocean Bar but with all the changes now in layout, it’s hard to say where it will be. 

 

No, we are in a Neptune Suite (sorry for the confusion on my post as we were in a Signature and got an upsell to a Neptune).  So, we would like to know where and when the Neptune cocktail party is normally held the first evening.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, DaveOKC said:

 

No, we are in a Neptune Suite (sorry for the confusion on my post as we were in a Signature and got an upsell to a Neptune).  So, we would like to know where and when the Neptune cocktail party is normally held the first evening.

Oh, my apologies, I misread and thought you were upgraded to a Signature Suite (which sounded strange to me as I thought you normally booked signature).

 

It’s usually at 7:30 pm in my experience but where it will be on the new layout of Eurodam is hard to say.  I’m guessing Ocean/Explorers Lounge but time will tell, I guess.  Neptune Suite is not large enough to accommodate all the guest.  You should have your notification in your cabin and if not, just ask the concierges.

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, DaveOKC said:

 

No, we are in a Neptune Suite (sorry for the confusion on my post as we were in a Signature and got an upsell to a Neptune).  So, we would like to know where and when the Neptune cocktail party is normally held the first evening.

Last time we were in a NS it was held in the Tamarind Bar and all of the officers attended. It was really nice!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, Snowesha said:

Last time we were in a NS it was held in the Tamarind Bar and all of the officers attended. It was really nice!

 

 

I booked my wife and I dinner at the Tamarind Restaurant on our 3rd night. It looks good based on the photos and listed menu. 

Edited by Cls241

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Snowesha said:

Last time we were in a NS it was held in the Tamarind Bar and all of the officers attended. It was really nice!

 

 

That would be great - I hope it is the same on our cruise!  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • SAIL-AWAY GIVEAWAY - Enter for a chance to win a $3,000 Norwegian Cruise Line Gift Card
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...