Ocean Medallion Included Accessories

fdpevey

34 minutes ago, 2 Dinks said:

Clearly I was so excited I posted this twice 😂 - and can't figure out how to delete one ... sorry!!! 

no worries;  I think you have 30 min to change, edit, delete the post.  After that it stays.  Have a great day

• 3 months later...
19 minutes ago, Pheeb said:

Are we the only ones who don't like this idea at all?  I have always disliked lanyards and resent having to "pay" for my key if I don't want a lanyard.

I don't like lanyards either and you can just put the medallion in your pocket if you wish. I just bought one of the watch style bands on board for $12 and thought they were great. Sure I had to pay but I can use this band over and over again so the cost is minimal, especially when considered in the cost of the cruise overall. There are other posts from people advising they bought equivalent wristbands through Amazon/Ebay etc.

On 3/11/2019 at 6:51 AM, voljeep said:

do you get a new medallion for each cruise or different ship?

I'm sure my wife will want to glue a magnet to the medallion after the cruise and stick it on the fridge :classic_laugh:

FYI (I'm sure you know this as we were just on the Sky together, but for others reading the thread)- the Medallions themselves are magnetic. Ours are stuck to the fridge right now 🙂

On 8/5/2019 at 9:47 AM, ljhershey said:

Thanks for the info.  I was also referred to this Amazon product:

Luke3DP Watch Adapter for Holding a Carnival Ocean Medallion (Water)

Water is one of the color choices for this gadget that allows you to add the medallion to your watchband or fitbit band.

We have these and had a LOT of people on our recent cruise interested in them. We did see quite a few folks with the wrist bands they sell as well. On that note, we know of at least 2 folks that lost their medallions while out snorkeling, using the purchased Princess wristbands. Ours stayed nice and secure in these holders

Edited by dogdoc2002
  • Like 1

On 8/3/2019 at 7:51 AM, pms4104 said:

Does this lanyard thingie make anyone else think Dollar Store?  And, an Accenture advert to boot.

LOL, it reminds my wife of her more than 30 years as a teacher and having to wear a whistle on a lanyard.  We both hate lanyards.  When we had Medallions on the CB I simply attached them to the provided lanyard and carried them in my pocket :).  One of our cabin neighbors went to Guest Relations and requested cruise cards because they did not like the Medallions.  Personally I prefer a cruise card to those silly medallions but we find it easier to go along with the program.  Besides, it gives us a nice warm feeling knowing that Princess can track all of our onboard movements including how much time we spend in our cabin bathroom :).

Hank

On 8/5/2019 at 7:47 AM, ljhershey said:

Thanks for the info.  I was also referred to this Amazon product:

Luke3DP Watch Adapter for Holding a Carnival Ocean Medallion (Water)

Thanks for posting this information. I think this looks perfect for my needs and just went to Amazon to order one. Thanks for sharing! 

My SO isn't a lanyard guy so I got him a clip from Amazon so he could clip it in his pocket----worked great!

I made myself a paper bead lanyard  (I think I'll make another one from the Sky patters!) :

1632122994_medallionlanyard.JPG.57fe34b612fc86541041a3089a27aa76.JPG

Edited by dockhl
forgot to add something :)
  • Like 2

JUST A WARNING TO MY FELLOW PACEMAKER PASSENGERS

I have a pacemaker and after doing some research on whether or not to wear it around my neck, I determined that since it is magnetic I would not wear it.  I keep it in my purse and it works fine for me.   

.Caution: Product contains magnets which could be harmful topacemaker users and other with medical implants. The ocean medallion should be kept at least 6" away frompacemakers and other sensitive medical equipment."

No reason to take a chance with my pacemaker.  I don't know about keeping it on a wrist band. 

• 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...