Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
myboatsinwater

Platinum gift Do you like yours or not?

Recommended Posts

Whoo hoo thank you for looking. i have question i received the kinda beach bag that you you can put cold things in the bottom, it's got the VIP logo on it. My question is it waterproof, i'm thinking of taking it snorkeling and just wanted to know if its waterproof or should i just take my dry bag.

Thank you

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not sure.  We have a couple of them, but we haven't used them yet.  Why don't you try testing it?  Put a few pieces of paper in it, then submerge it in your bathtub.  Open it up...if the paper's wet...it's not waterproof!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/10/2019 at 9:53 PM, myboatsinwater said:

Whoo hoo thank you for looking. i have question i received the kinda beach bag that you you can put cold things in the bottom, it's got the VIP logo on it. My question is it waterproof, i'm thinking of taking it snorkeling and just wanted to know if its waterproof or should i just take my dry bag.

Thank you

This will be my first platinum cruise. What day of the cruise do you receive your gift?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Usually the gift is delivered on first elegant night. That’s second night on shorter cruises. Congratulations!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We are on the Sunshine and got Tervis cups again. 

 

This seems to be the default gift, as we have gotten them several times. 

 

The beach bags are really nice. Enjoy them. 

 

And if Carnival is listening, I always liked the blue 6-pack coolers. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, campdaan said:

We are on the Sunshine and got Tervis cups again. 

 

This seems to be the default gift, as we have gotten them several times. 

 

The beach bags are really nice. Enjoy them. 

 

And if Carnival is listening, I always liked the blue 6-pack coolers. 

 

Yes, the coolers are/were great! We got tumblers a week ago for b2b on Fantasy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I find I get more use out of the gifts from the casino on premium or ultra cruises than the platinum/diamond gift.  If I have no use for a gift, I try to find a blue or red card who might appreciate it.

 

Of course, I'm jaded, having been platinum/diamond for 27 cruises since 2009.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes, we do mostly give them away. Our daughter’s school, for fall festival, takes many of them. A couple years ago, was happy to give 23 chess-checker boards to her Chess Club. Kept one for grands. 😀❤️

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The title of your posting asks if you like your gift or not, but your actual posting has nothing to do with the title. 

 

We just received our first Platinum gift.  It was two "blankets".  We probably will never use them because they are so thin that they shouldn't even be considered a blanket.  It was free, I'm not complaining, just saying we probably will never use them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sometime we use the gift, often times not, but its appreciated.  The small grey cross body bag is useful and we have given away Tervis/metal mugs to lots of people. I would love it if they would give out a nice power bank (not a little one but like a 10000 mah)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, RWolver672 said:

The title of your posting asks if you like your gift or not, but your actual posting has nothing to do with the title. 

 

We just received our first Platinum gift.  It was two "blankets".  We probably will never use them because they are so thin that they shouldn't even be considered a blanket.  It was free, I'm not ppcomplaining, just saying we probably will never use them.

We keep lightweight blankets in the back of our SUV.  They come in handy for a multitude of things. They are also good to keep around for wraps when sitting around the fire pit.  We find a lot of good uses for them.

Edited by Butterbean1000

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for everyone for sharing. There was on one person who answered my question, regarding my beach bag. I think I will just use my dry bag and leave my beach bag for dry day. I’m looking forward to my next gift not sure what it will be. Heading on the imagination in April.  Thanks again for all replies.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, RWolver672 said:

The title of your posting asks if you like your gift or not, but your actual posting has nothing to do with the title. 

 

We just received our first Platinum gift.  It was two "blankets".  We probably will never use them because they are so thin that they shouldn't even be considered a blanket.  It was free, I'm not complaining, just saying we probably will never use them.

I always miss the blankets, they gave them away two times, once they were grey and once they were blue, and we seem to cruise in between them or after them now I am going in May and the blue ones will end this month.  I would of loved to have one of those

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, lele100 said:

I always miss the blankets, they gave them away two times, once they were grey and once they were blue, and we seem to cruise in between them or after them now I am going in May and the blue ones will end this month.  I would of loved to have one of those

I would love one too. My first cruise as a Platinum is in May and I understand they wont be doing the blankets at that time. bummer.. the blanket would be nice to have while watching the movie on the big screen on Lido.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've received a stationary kit, headphones, and now a Tervis cup. I was actually kind of looking forward to getting the blanket 2 weeks ago, but got the cup. No biggie though. Theres always October.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, lele100 said:

I always miss the blankets, they gave them away two times, once they were grey and once they were blue, and we seem to cruise in between them or after them now I am going in May and the blue ones will end this month.  I would of loved to have one of those

 

lele100 email me at cfontanez@comcast.net. I’ve got one I can send you.

 

Just pay it forward sometime. 

 

Chris

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just went Platinum our last cruise and I received the blanket. I thought it was really nice!  Plus, I live in FL- where a heavy blanket is not usually needed- so I think it will get used occasionally! I thought it would be great for Movies Under the Stars. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, nydney1 said:

 

lele100 email me at cfontanez@comcast.net. I’ve got one I can send you.

 

Just pay it forward sometime. 

 

Chris

Thank you so much Chris I do really appreciate this, so nice of you.  I sent you an email. Thank you

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎3‎/‎13‎/‎2019 at 5:23 AM, RWolver672 said:

The title of your posting asks if you like your gift or not, but your actual posting has nothing to do with the title. 

 

We just received our first Platinum gift.  It was two "blankets".  We probably will never use them because they are so thin that they shouldn't even be considered a blanket.  It was free, I'm not complaining, just saying we probably will never use them.

 

While the blankets may be lightweight, they are quite warm and wonderfully soft. We got them on the Sunshine in January - one of the best Platinum gifts we've gotten (I've received the tervis cups a couple of times, the croc visor, and the backpack that folded up into a small pouch).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, myboatsinwater said:

Thanks for everyone for sharing. There was on one person who answered my question, regarding my beach bag. I think I will just use my dry bag and leave my beach bag for dry day. I’m looking forward to my next gift not sure what it will be. Heading on the imagination in April.  Thanks again for all replies.

Platinum gift Do you like yours or not?

 

Here's the thread title.  I'm a bit surprised you're complaining about only one person answering your question when your title asks a different one.

 

I don't know about the bag.  

 

I gave away our last gift, the blankets, to our grandkids.  They wear them as capes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On the Splendor now, received the tervis cups. I do have a question, will be on our 1st premier cruise end of May and understand there will be a gift for premier cruise. Is it the same as the platinum gift? Thank you.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, fyree39 said:

Platinum gift Do you like yours or not?

 

Here's the thread title.  I'm a bit surprised you're complaining about only one person answering your question when your title asks a different one.

 

I don't know about the bag.  

 

I gave away our last gift, the blankets, to our grandkids.  They wear them as capes.

I’m not complaining just the opposite. I like my bag that’s why it it’s not waterproof then I don’t want to ruin it. Some would be like just use and toss. But I like it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, granmarl said:

On the Splendor now, received the tervis cups. I do have a question, will be on our 1st premier cruise end of May and understand there will be a gift for premier cruise. Is it the same as the platinum gift? Thank you.

 

 

No, the premier gifts are different.

 

On the premier cruise on the Sunshine in January we got large plastic cups with lids, string backpacks and towels.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 3/10/2019 at 9:53 PM, myboatsinwater said:

Whoo hoo thank you for looking. i have question i received the kinda beach bag that you you can put cold things in the bottom, it's got the VIP logo on it. My question is it waterproof, i'm thinking of taking it snorkeling and just wanted to know if its waterproof or should i just take my dry bag.

Thank you

 

Am I missing something here???

 

So you own the bag and have it your possession, yet are asking others if it is water proof?  I would think you are in the best position to make that determination yourself. 

Edited by LostPuppy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • SAIL-AWAY GIVEAWAY - Enter for a chance to win a $3,000 Norwegian Cruise Line Gift Card
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...