Cruise Critic Community
Sb2001

Mini suite vs haven spa

Hi folks. First post and first cruise. I am booked on ncl getaway on a mini suite with big balcony and received an upgrade offer for haven suites. I bid very low on a haven spa suite, but the balcony seems small. I dont even know if ill use the balcony. If anyone would give me their thoughts on which is a better room, i would appreciate it. I just have zero idea. 

Someone else will have to speak to the room size differences, but the biggest difference will be your access to the Haven.  This is a private enclave with pool, restaurant, hot tubs, etc available only to those sailing in a Haven Suite. The Haven gives you the ability to feel like you are sailing on a much smaller ship of 200-300 guests while enjoying the benefits (if you want them) of a giant ship-ropes courses, Broadway type shows, multiple specialty restaurants, etc. 

The Haven access is worth any difference in room size (if there are any,I’m not sure). I would put in a bid for whatever you are comfortable with and go in with the mindset that you’ll be happy with the room you booked if you don’t get the upgrade. 

while the balcony is a bit tight, the Spa Haven suite is the best class on the ship!  You'll have access to both the spa area (the heated tile loungers are incredible!) as well as the Haven - private dining, bar and lounge area, sun deck, mini pool and hot tub area (that is mostly covered if you don't want full sun or if it's windy or rainy), easy access to the concierge, a butler, priority boarding, priority tendering, snacks in your room every day.....

So, yes the balc is a bit tight (but still totally usable with 2 regular chairs) but what you get in a Haven Spa room is worth it at just about any price!

mini suite is just a Balcony stateroom with a tub ( or shower) and in some cases a bigger balcony and maybe a few square feet bigger...I've always had a problem with NCL calling it a mini suite,  they should really change it to a Balcony deluxe.