Cruise Critic Community
hawkman402

Getaway Dailies 2019

Does anyone have recent Dailies for the Getaway? I have searched and have't found any.

I am leaving on 3/31 and would love to plan a little better.

Thanks!

Darn!  I saw the thread title, and was excited to print them out.  lol

Hopefully someone will respond with the dailies, and we can both get them.  

33 minutes ago, Prnsessmoi said:

Darn!  I saw the thread title, and was excited to print them out.  lol

Hopefully someone will respond with the dailies, and we can both get them.  

I saw there was a response and thought the same thing!

I just got off Getaway last Sunday (3/3/19) and have Dailies from all 7 days.  I will post them as soon as I get them scanned.

Just now, i_da_bell said:

I just got off Getaway last Sunday (3/3/19) and have Dailies from all 7 days.  I will post them as soon as I get them scanned.

THANKS!

When the getaway gets to NY in a few weeks I would love to see the dailies!

i_da_bell thank you so much for taking the time to scan and post these! I am sailing on her out of NYC in a couple weeks so this is a huge help!

Excellent !!  Thanks very much !  We'll be on her in Dec.

19 hours ago, hawkman402 said:

Thank you very much!  How was your cruise? 

Overall, it was very enjoyable.  This was my first time on NCL; I've been "loyal to Royal" up to this point. There were some things I liked better on NCL, especially O'Sheehan's where good food was available almost around the clock without having to do self-service and fight the crowds in the buffet. The food and service in Ocean Blue were outstanding. I did one of the Canvas By U classes which was a lot of fun. "Burn the Floor" and "Million Dollar Quartet" were fabulous shows.

The stateroom bathroom is larger than I have experienced on Royal, with more shelving/storage areas and a larger shower. I liked the liquid hand soap pump by the sink. But the cabin itself was smaller, the closet was smaller and I felt there was less shelving/drawers/cabinets than any of the Royal ships I have sailed. I was surprised that there were no tongs for the ice bucket in the cabin.

I was disappointed that there were no lounge chairs on the pool deck or sun deck, only loungers, so I spent a lot of my daytime "outside time" sitting on the Waterfront which meant I didn't get much sun. I found the layout of the buffet to be a bad design. It's basically one big oval so there is a lot of walking to see what all is offered, people coming from both directions, and a lot of "cutting" of people trying to get to the food they want. But I did like that the napkin-wrapped silverware was on the tables so it was not necessary to carry that along with your plate and beverage. On Royal, most of the buffet is set up as multiple themed stations so it is easier to navigate and to quickly roam around to see the options before deciding what to eat.

I felt the service in Taste, Savor and Tropicana was extremely slow, and at our first dinner in Savor, the waitstaff had a terrible time getting our drink orders right and getting them to us in any kind of reasonable timeframe. After that, we would get our drinks before going to the table.

All in all, any cruise is good and I would sail NCL again, especially if I got a good deal like I did on this cruise.

21 hours ago, i_da_bell said:

Hope this helps with your planning. Enjoy your cruise.

Wow, that was a lot of work!  And so helpful for so many people.  I actually copied each pic into a Word document so I could print it out, then realized that the Getaway trip we are taking in 2020 wouldn't correspond correctly to these dailies, as ours is a 9 day cruise.  D'oh!  But I'm sure you made a LOT of people VERY happy by posting these.  Glad you had a great cruise!