Eclipse questions? Ask here

cruisestitch

4 minutes ago, Northern Aurora said:

My husband and I are with "cruisestitch" on this cruise -- are you also onboard?

Enjoy the cruise despite the weather. Sounds like you have a very interesting passenger list. We will be boarding Eclipse in 28 days.

21 minutes ago, Orator said:

Enjoy the cruise despite the weather. Sounds like you have a very interesting passenger list. We will be boarding Eclipse in 28 days.

Charles -- we will just miss you and Cindy.  We leave the ship in Vancouver on April 17th.    We boarded on March, 10th in Buenos Aires.

Take care,

Gerry

I think the cost of the Internet package depends on the length of the trip so since These are 14 and 15 night voyages, I don’t think the cost on this cruise will be equivalent to what you will pay. Also they told us they adjusted the cost of Internet on this cruise because there would be intermittent service as we went in and out of the fjords. In any case I think the best way to find out the Internet cost for your cruise is to go into your cruise planner and look there.

They offered some shore excursions for back to back passengers, a trip to Santiago, a trip to Valporaiso, and a trip to a winery, which did not get enough people and was canceled. That last one was quite expensive so I wasn’t surprised it didn’t go. If you didn’t choose a short excursion you could go ashore on your own, or stay on the ship. Those going to shore on their own could use a transit pass to skip the lines when coming back to the ship.

For those who stayed on the ship, we reported between 8 and 10 AM, to the sky lounge to get our new Seapass card and new photos taken. We were not required to leave the ship. It was all handled very quickly and very effectively.

14 hours ago, cruisestitch said:

They offered some shore excursions for back to back passengers, a trip to Santiago, a trip to Valporaiso, and a trip to a winery, which did not get enough people and was canceled. That last one was quite expensive so I wasn’t surprised it didn’t go. If you didn’t choose a short excursion you could go ashore on your own, or stay on the ship. Those going to shore on their own could use a transit pass to skip the lines when coming back to the ship.

For those who stayed on the ship, we reported between 8 and 10 AM, to the sky lounge to get our new Seapass card and new photos taken. We were not required to leave the ship. It was all handled very quickly and very effectively.

Thanks much, that is the process I am familia with.

All is well on Eclipse.  The weather will now get steadily warmer as we make our way north word. Yesterday we were in la Serena. Nearly everyone got off the ship to do shore excursions. I went to Tabali winery.

There are 1000 Elite and above. The breakfast yesterday was very crowded and had to have overflow use the Qsine space.  Last night the sky lounge was mobbed. This is despite the fact that we can get drinks anywhere now. Very lively and noisy.

Last night entertainment was a trio of young man called “shades of Buble”  They were excellent.

All of the onboard musicians are terrific.  This looks to be a good cruise.

TaBali winery is about an hour and a half away from the port. Good highway except the last mile or so into the winery where it got a little rough but it was a very short distance. The winery itself is different than most because much of the storage  barrel area is outside.  There was a short tour, conducted by the tour guide, not by anyone from the winery. I found that a little strange. We had a tasting there, one red  and one white.   There was an opportunity to buy the wine. From there it was a short distance to a restaurant, where we had a very nice meal. An hour and a half back. I thought the entire shore excursion a bit overpriced. I would say that if you could get it on one of the sales that pop up occasionally where they discount the excursions then buy it.  I am guessing that you could probably do this as a private excursion pretty easily though, if you wanted to save money.

On 21 March 2019 at 10:22 AM, cruisestitch said:

Whoops!  That was definitely an error in my part.  Yes, the Equinox starts their autumn.  But Ushuaia did see their first snow.

Not sure what to do in Ushuaia, we thought we would just walk around and visit the Prison Museum. Is this easy to do or us it better to have a tour?