Eclipse questions? Ask here

cruisestitch

20 hours ago, seahappy08 said:

Not sure what to do in Ushuaia, we thought we would just walk around and visit the Prison Museum. Is this easy to do or us it better to have a tour?

There is a lot to see in Ushuaia.  It is the gateway city to Tierra del Feugo National Park.  You can also sail around the Beagle Channel to see wildlife.  There are also inexpensive tours of the city that you can take.   

Our first guest entertainers carried over from the last cruise. We had shades of bluble who were wonderful. And a very good pianist and a violinist (Antonio Salci). Now we will start with new entertainers from tonight onwards.

All of the entertainers around the ship have been very good. I think this is the strongest set of entertainers I’ve experienced in a long time.  Espresso is the house band.  Sashi is a very talented solo guitarists.  The acoustic duo is MiaCats.  The jazz band is Moonlight Sounds.  We have Duo Fantasy on strings.

I find the production shows totally unwatchable so I won’t go to Topper, or Amade.  Someone else will need to report on them.

As we sail from Lima to Manta the seas remain calm; weather is continuously warming

Edited by cruisestitch

The ship is in great shape. I believe they are heating the water in the solarium pool but I wouldn’t say it is overly warm. Not like a therapy pool.

Once every cruise they seem to have a scrapbooking activity and they gave away a little kit. I haven’t ever seen the kit opened so I don’t know what is inside it.  I will look in the photo shop to see if there’s anything else there.

The seas remain astonishingly Calm.

Yesterday we were in Manta, Ecuador.  The captain brought the ship in an hour earlier than scheduled, but despite that there were some problems with the port authorities and disembarkation was fouled up for the first two hours.  At one point they had to stop at the disembarkation all together, and we resumed they asked only those with shore excursions to proceed to the gangway but many people didn’t pay any attention and there was a long line waiting to get off.  Also there was only one gangway and it was very narrow, especially narrow considering it had to be used for passengers both entering and leaving the ship. And it was steep.  So that was a very big difficulty during the day.

It is interesting to observe the ship and crew as we approach the US. Eclipse has not been in the US for about a year. They are doing extra cleaning, extra inspections, really getting the ship spiffed up.  

Edited by cruisestitch
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

We got off this sailing in Port Antonio. I thought the ship looked great and it was already clean IMO.  Service was uniformly excellent; weather around the Horn could have been sunnier but overall a great cruise; so much so we cancelled an Oceania sailing for 2020 and booked a Constellation alternative (and paid more money to do so but you only live once).

• Like 2

This cruise has proved a challenge to the food and beverage department due to inability to get some foods....berries in particular have been nearly absent.  Also fresh avocados.  But the kitchen rallies and the food has been consistently good.  Yes, beef tournedos are gone.  But creme  brûlée abides.

• Like 1

I did not go ashore in tell Dara. Friends went on an eco-tour info where they were to have seen a lot of wildlife, said the boat was nice but not much wildlife.  

Yesterday was the sea day, even though we had left the doldrums, the sea remain calm.

Later this morning we will arrive at huatulco Mexico.

I did not go ashore in Caldera. Friends went on an eco-tour info where they were to have seen a lot of wildlife, said the boat was nice but not much wildlife.  

Yesterday was the sea day, even though we had left the doldrums, the sea remain calm.

Later this morning we will arrive at huatulco Mexico.

i fixed the mistake,,,,of course we were in Caldera not some other strange place.

Edited by cruisestitch

On 3/11/2019 at 2:58 PM, cruisestitch said:

Boarded yesterday in Buenos Aires.  From here it’s Around the Horn, then on to San Diego.  

Any questions? Ask here.

Could somebody do me a huge favour. I am boarding on Monday in San Diego and would like to know if they will have Champions League soccer at any venue specifically Manchester City vs Tottenham on Tuesday April 9 at 12 noon. I really appreciate your help in advance. thanks

Here is something new...if you book a celebrity transfer at San Diego they will be transferring luggage to the airport.  We won’t be claiming it in the terminal and hauling it to the bus ourselves.

Edited by cruisestitch
  • Thanks 1

What flight times are you looking at, Gordylad?

Scrapngal, i have been by the photo shop several times but I don’t see any scrapbook for sale there.

Plato123, can’t help with your questions, as I don’t go there.  I eat in MDR.