Unsure on excursions

becks3

My husband and I are going to Belize on princess in June and I am scrambled trying to get the best experience for each place. For Belize I have Caye Caulker Shark and Ray snorkel but I am considering swapping it for something else. Princess doesn't have a ton of excursions for Belize, are there better non ship run excurisons? doing the non ship run ones make me nervous because I don't want to have something happen and miss getting back to the ship.Were in our mid 20s so strenuous ones are ok. Not super worried about price, I just want the best experience as I'm super type A and like to control it all haha. What was your favorite excursion ever in Belize? What was the worst? 

The Mayan ruins excursions are fantastic...Lamanai and Xunantunich are excellent, both are almost 2 hours travel to get to them though, so these are all day excursions.  

The Cave Tubing is also a notable excursion in Belize, which is a giant tropical jungle with no real cities.  It is very rustic country, with jungles and caves and ruins peaking out here and there.  

If you are not into jungle type activities, then there are a band of islands off the coast, along the barrier reef.  You have to take a boat to them, so you have to book an excursion.  They are small little paradises, some totally unpopulated, some with only a few palm trees on them.  If you like to snorkel or sit on a beach, this is your best bet.

We love Belize...hope this helps!

On ‎3‎/‎14‎/‎2019 at 7:51 PM, JohninDC said:

We were happy with our independent tour to Altun Ha ruins - only about an hour from the city/port.

who did you use for the independent  tour in Belize

21 hours ago, Greg901 said:

who did you use for the independent  tour in Belize

We booked through vacations to go; they contracted with an outfit in terminal 4 called something like Eco tours. We had saw parts of the city on the way out, and saw more of the city, including the Cathedral and governor's mansion (neither very impressive) on the way back to the ship.  It was a half day tour and we were back aboard in time for a late lunch.