Latest Disembarkation Time: Port of San Diego

qsuzi

What is generally the latest time you can disembark from the Port of San Diego? Can you still stay in your cabin until you disembark?

You can stay in your cabin on the last day until you depart. Full room service is also available.

9:30 is usually the last scheduled departure time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Like every other port, 9:30, maybe 9:45. Remember the goal is to empty the ship as fast as possible,  to board the next passengers. The only variable is the port and Immigration. Most are on the same page, and most of the time the goals are achieved. 

The staying in your cabin rule is fleet wide and worldwide HAL policy. It doesn't change by port.

This is my first HAL Cruise.  So when we get back to San Diego we wait in our stateroom for our number to be called?

I usually sail on RCCL and they cram everyone into public rooms until your group is called so the stewards can start turning the staterooms over for the next wave of passengers. 

6 minutes ago, CruiserBruce said:

As discussed, HAL allows you to stay in your cabin. You don't have to, but you can. Or you can sit elsewhere...in a lounge, for example. Please don't hang out in the immediate area of the gangway. 

So annoying when people do that.  Occasionally I get to fly first overseas and trying to get to the first class lane to board with all the coach passengers hovering is difficult, even the last group hovers before the first group has been called.

4 hours ago, ScottC4746 said:

This is my first HAL Cruise.  So when we get back to San Diego we wait in our stateroom for our number to be called?

I usually sail on RCCL and they cram everyone into public rooms until your group is called so the stewards can start turning the staterooms over for the next wave of passengers. 

You can stay in your cabin until your number is called and then depart or wait until the last group is called.  After that you do need to disembark as the crew has alot to do to get ready for the next sailing.  The ability to stay in your cabin is one of the nice features of HAL.

ALSO - if you are in a Neptune cabin, you can dine in the Pinnacle Grill for breakfast that last morning.  It sure beats room service or fighting the crowds in the Lido!

5 hours ago, DaveOKC said:

You can stay in your cabin until your number is called and then depart or wait until the last group is called.  After that you do need to disembark as the crew has alot to do to get ready for the next sailing.  The ability to stay in your cabin is one of the nice features of HAL.

ALSO - if you are in a Neptune cabin, you can dine in the Pinnacle Grill for breakfast that last morning.  It sure beats room service or fighting the crowds in the Lido!

We are in a Neptune Suite corner aft.  Okay everyone together...Oooo...Ahhhh! HA!  We plan to do like pastries and pot of coffee early in the mornings and then wander up to the Pinnacle Grill for a real breakfast.  Since we have that wonderful veranda, I'd hate for it to go to waste.

Edited by ScottC4746
Spelling errors.
  • Like 1