Happy onboard the Ruby Princess

MsSoCalCruiser

I’m onboard the Ruby Princess for the second time since January.   I’ve been super happy onboard the Ruby.  

I love the new MDR menus!  My only suggestion would be to bring back the beef medallions to the always available menu.  I know that food is subjective but I think everything has been absolutely fantastic.  Service had also been top notch.  My meals have been served at the proper temperature and beautifully plated.  I was also quickly forgiven when I insisted that I was supposed to sit somewhere else...  Bless you all for having so much patience! 

I’ve been happy with my stateroom on both cruises.  My room is  comfy and clean.  My room attendants on both cruises have been great.   And I still love the new motion activated nightlights 😊 

I do have one suggestion though.  I find it difficult to eat in my cabin when I order room service.  Would it be possible to have some type of TV tray in the cabins?  That way we could sit on the edge of our beds instead of eating in the bed.  I’m always afraid to order the soup, LOL. 

I hope someone from Princess reads this and responds to my TV tray suggestion.

• Like 2

I like your idea about the tray.   Maybe they could come up with a slide out from under one of the cabinets or night stands.   Up for eating and put down and out of the way when not in use.  Hey you are having a rough life right now and I thank you for doing it.  😃

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Cyn874 said:

Glad to hear you're having a nice time! Is it possible to post any pictures of patters or MDR menu?

I missed one menu so far but I will post the others if I can remember when we get to San Francisco. I took those photos on my phone but I’m using my iPad for the Internet.  Please remind me if I forget. 

Woobstr is doing a live thread from our cruise;  I think he will be posting the patters.

Edited by MsSoCalCruiser
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, luckee1 said:

It sounds like there isn’t a chair in your room to sit on?  Maybe there will be a lot of food spills on the bedding if so. 

Well the desk chair is here but as you know the barrel chair is gone. So if there’s one cruiser you can sit at the desk to eat but with more than one cruiser you are stuck eating in bed... No soup for you!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, waltd said:

I like your idea about the tray.   Maybe they could come up with a slide out from under one of the cabinets or night stands.   Up for eating and put down and out of the way when not in use.  Hey you are having a rough life right now and I thank you for doing it.  😃

I like your tray idea. I know, I know, it’s a rough life but I knew I just had to take one for the team 😂😂😂

2 minutes ago, MsSoCalCruiser said:

Well the desk chair is here but as you know the barrel chair is gone. So if there’s one cruiser you can sit at the desk to eat but with more than one cruiser you are stuck eating in bed... No soup for you!

Frustrating 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MsSoCalCruiser said:

well I like your tray idea. I know, I know, it’s a rough life but I knew I just had to take one for the team 😂😂😂

AMEN ! to that. Now get down to the dance floor and show them how it's done.   LOL

• Haha 1

Glad you are having a great time! Ruby is one of my favorites.

When the subject of chairs and table missing in cabins my first thought was why don't they put TV tray stands in. They can fold up and be put in the closet when not in use. I have two @ my house and they come in really handy.

25 minutes ago, victory2020 said:

Round tables are gone also.

Not the table too.  I need that table!

Here's another question for you.  Do any of the app work on the iWatch also?  Glad you find the Ruby in good shape.  Enjoy you cruise.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, MsSoCalCruiser said:

And I still love the new motion activated nightlights 😊

We sailed on Ruby in November and were surprised by those lights! Very nice. :classic_cool:

• Like 1

Where are the night lights located? We will have a balcony because we're in a mini suite, so some natural moonlight will come in. But I was planning to bring a night light from home to place inside the bathroom. Is there anything in there already, or should I bring mine?

1 hour ago, Thrak said:

We sailed on Ruby in November and were surprised by those lights! Very nice. :classic_cool:

We didn't like the lights - too bright, occasionally coming on waking us both up, when the bed cover slipped over the side.   Also - it only helps the person on one side of the bed, plus it doesn't stay on long enough to light the way for getting back to bed from the bathroom.  Next time we'll use our little battery-powered candles and use our trusty Duct Tape to partially cover the light so it's not so bright.   

I've seen what happens when someone used duck tape in a mini suite to have a curtain up.    The sticky stuff from the tape was left all over the wall.   Please  just put a peace of paper over the light. 

2 minutes ago, waltd said:

I've seen what happens when someone used duck tape in a mini suite to have a curtain up.    The sticky stuff from the tape was left all over the wall.   Please  just put a peace of paper over the light. 

I agree. Duct tape destroys most things it is used on onboard. Walls, ceilings fixtures etc.