Equinox - when is a kid an adult (Solarium etc.)

loecki1976

Hi, I was just wondering that Kids (starting at 12 years) are paying as an adult on Celebrity and RCCL.

So, if that is so, is my son (15) allowed to use Solarium Pool? Or is he still a kid in this case?

Sorry, but we are curious how we´ll hang up on sea days. 🙂

Best from Germany

Martin

Solarium Pool is 16 and older.  Sky lounge may have some late night dancing for 18 and older.  Shore excursions have children pricing for 12 and younger.  On shore excursions, passengers under 18 must be accompanied by someone over 18. So you see, it isn’t a simple answer. 

• Like 1

I'm pretty sure he'll be able to get away with using the Solarium pool. There were actual kids (wearing life vests) in the pool on our Equinox cruise this past summer. As long as he's not horseplaying they probably won't kick him out.

I was more upset when we went on the Anthem of the Seas that they didn't enforce the age limit just because their Solarium pool area had a better layout that was conducive to relaxing. 

Edited by CleverUserNameHere

I would hope that if they are not commandeering the Solarium because of weather they would do ID checks and ask those not of age to leave. It is only fair if an area is designated as certain ages it be restricted to those ages. I can’t go into the kids or teens clubs  - why should they be allowed to use my areas?

• Like 7

31 minutes ago, WrittenOnYourHeart said:

I would hope that if they are not commandeering the Solarium because of weather they would do ID checks and ask those not of age to leave. It is only fair if an area is designated as certain ages it be restricted to those ages. I can’t go into the kids or teens clubs  - why should they be allowed to use my areas?

If  you read the web page on age limits it is very clearly noted that they reserve the right to open it to all ages.

i basically live in the Solarium and the only cruise where they opened it for large time periods was in Alaska. The other cruise the age limit was enforced. Please note there is no age limit on using the Cafe

Edited by dkjretired

3 hours ago, dkjretired said:

If  you read the web page on age limits it is very clearly noted that they reserve the right to open it to all ages.

i basically live in the Solarium and the only cruise where they opened it for large time periods was in Alaska. The other cruise the age limit was enforced. Please note there is no age limit on using the Cafe

I am aware there are times they commandeer it for all ages.

If you actually read my post, I said “If  they are not commandeering it” for all ages - IOW the times it should be adults only.

One of the best things about Disney is that they don’t let families take over the adult area and they do card people. Granted, it is not enclosed, but other than shoulder season there has never been a shortage of people in the main pool.

Edited by WrittenOnYourHeart

I don't know how they could possibly put an age limit on the AquaSpa cafe, it's self serve and you can simply pick up a plate and carry it through the Solarium on your way from the elevators near the fitness center to the outdoor pool. That being said, it didn't really bother me much, as we had fantastic weather on our cruise and spent most of it outside but I can see it may bother people on colder cruises or ones with bad weather

Edited by CleverUserNameHere

The only thing was not fantastic about our Eclipse British Isles cruise last June was that families were bringing kids into the Solarium outside of family hours and nothing was done about it. Two families' kids were quiet and polite. The other one: not so much. It was obvious from the mom's demeanor that politely reminding her of the hours would end up in confrontation which would have been even more of a disruption to everyone's peace than her family was being. Maybe the staff felt the same way. 

4 hours ago, dkjretired said:

basically live in the Solarium and the only cruise where they opened it for large time periods was in Alaska. The other cruise the age limit was enforced. 

ON our Eclipse Baltic cruise in 2015, the solarium pool was open for families  between 4-6 pm.

6 hours ago, CleverUserNameHere said:

I'm pretty sure he'll be able to get away with using the Solarium pool. There were actual kids (wearing life vests) in the pool on our Equinox cruise this past summer. As long as he's not horseplaying they probably won't kick him out.

I was more upset when we went on the Anthem of the Seas that they didn't enforce the age limit just because their Solarium pool area had a better layout that was conducive to relaxing. 

If this was in the Solarium , it may have been a declared Family Swim time..which times are posted. Often around dinner hour. 

If the 15 yr old looks and acts 16, he may be okay but the rules on age in there are usually quite strictly enforced..unless  there's bad weather, many children on board and  Cap declares Family Swim time..,

The Solarium is an adult sanctuary....hope it stays so.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, loecki1976 said:

Hi, I was just wondering that Kids (starting at 12 years) are paying as an adult on Celebrity and RCCL.

So, if that is so, is my son (15) allowed to use Solarium Pool? Or is he still a kid in this case?

Sorry, but we are curious how we´ll hang up on sea days. 🙂

Best from Germany

Martin

16 min.

And enforced. They will check sign/sail cards too if there are complaints of kids in adult areas.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, keesar said:

On Equinox, it was 16 +  for the Solarium and  the same for the Aqua Spa Cafe.  It was enforced.

I have seen an officer order a man to leave to leave the Solarium pool with his young child. Have no idea if they would eject a 15 year old who was behaving properly, but the sign posted on the Solarium entrance is clear that it's for those 16 and over. I've never noticed kids eating at the AquaSpa Cafe, but that just means if they were there, they were quiet.

Edited by Marelaine

1 hour ago, dkjretired said:

Wow, never saw it enforced for the cafe.

I think the  senior card players who spend hours after hours there spoke up...😀  But I can tell you that when a family came in, I went right to the security guard and he took care of it.  Then he was $$$ rewarded...

I love the solarium and I like that it is adults only.  I swim with my kids in the main pool and go to the solarium to relax without them!

I also love the aqua spa cafe.  I knew that my kids would like some of the foods they offered there, but there really isn't a good way to get them to them.  So, we ended up commandeering two loungers right outside of the solarium (in the main pool area) for the five of us and I carted probably 15 dishes out there 2 at a time and we ate sitting on the loungers.  Not modern luxury 😞