Allure - August 2020

js

Hi.
When searching for Allure (or Oasis), I see they do not come up for August 2020.

Symphony and Harmony come up but not Allure/Oasis so I am wondering if there is a specific reason or I'm not doing

something correctly.

Thank you.

29 minutes ago, Parrothead234 said:

It's going into dry dock.  When I attended the captain's Q&A while on Allure a couple weeks ago, he said the Allure was going into dry dock for five years!!  I'm wondering if he misspoke and meant five months. 

Oh my! I did just do a search for Allure and see it is leaving out of Spain in August 2020 and the Oasis is leaving out of NY. I was looking only under Florida.  Thank you very much for your help, I'm guessing he meant months LOL, well, I hope.

Definitely not for five years.  Last drydock was 2015 I think, and it's going back into drydock in 2020.  Every five years they do maintenance and refurbishments if I'm not mistaken.  Today I just booked Allure for November 2020 leaving out of Miami!  I think they're adding the water slides among other things.  The reason I say that is because the room I booked is far aft boardwalk balcony.  Deckplan before the dry dock shows all the aft cabins as unobstructed.  Deckplan for same room (and same room on almost every other deck) after drydock shows the last two cabins as obstructed on both Port and Starboard sides.   When I called RCI today to book, she said she doesn't have a list of the planned changes for the drydock next year, but said that based on those deckplans, it would appear they're adding the water slides among other things.    

• 2 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, Zendeck said:

Does anyone know when she is going into dry dock?  I’m looking at her for med cruise in June 2020.

Looks to e sometime between March 1, 2020 and May 24, 2020.  There is a non-revenue TA in that period.

1 minute ago, Host Clarea said:

Looks to e sometime between March 1, 2020 and May 24, 2020.  There is a non-revenue TA in that period.

Thank you... that would be great to have her all ‘amped’ as they reference!  I think that is great news for a late June cruise.  My only concern is if it got delayed ... I read an old post where people had such an experience and had to rebook on another ship ... we are an easy going family but unfortunately our schedules are not real flexible so having to change last minute would be torture.  

12 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

Non-revenue as in no pax? The TA for Allure (wich is bookable by normal means) leaves march 1st, and arrives in Barcelona on march 13th 2020.  After that, she is off the grid until may 24th. Hope this helps 🙂

6 minutes ago, K3nn7 said:

Non-revenue as in no pax? The TA for Allure (wich is bookable by normal means) leaves march 1st, and arrives in Barcelona on march 13th 2020.  After that, she is off the grid until may 24th. Hope this helps 🙂

That cruise did not show on the site I was using to list cruises, so maybe it's sold out.  Thanks for the correction.

21 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

That cruise did not show on the site I was using to list cruises, so maybe it's sold out.  Thanks for the correction.

Seem to be wide open in all the basic categories on RCCL Norway-page.

1 hour ago, Host Clarea said:

Bob, it’s not listed on Royals site that Travel agents use.  There is nothing listed for sale between March 1 and May 24, 2020.

6 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Bob, it’s not listed on Royals site that Travel agents use.  There is nothing listed for sale between March 1 and May 24, 2020.

Thanks Ken, that's what I saw too on a non-RC website.

15 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Bob, I did end up finding it.  It appeared as if it was a 7 day cruise when looking at the calendar.  

I still don't see it on the site I normally use.

1 minute ago, Ourusualbeach said:

I wonder how often that site searches for new itineraries from Royal.  This one was changed a few times and added at a time that was not a normal release time.  

Well, when Royal releases new itineraries, it usually takes one day for them to show up on this other site.