Cruise Critic Community
danoconnl

Royal App before cruise -entertainment

So we leave on thursday(3/14) for a 4 night cruise on Independence of the seas.  I was playing with the Royal App and was looking to see if the headliner was listed.  I didn't see a headliner, but right now it's showing Grease on both night 2 and night 4.  I'd be kind of bummed if two of our 4 nights of entertainment were the same show.  One of the reasons we choose Royal and a cruise over an all inclusive is the entertainment at night.  Does anyone know if the app is accurate before the cruise?

We've done a 5 night cruises for the last 5 years and always had different shows every night.

Thanks

Dan

How are you able to see anything on your Royal IQ...I can't see anything.  I thought you had to be on the ship first?

10 minutes ago, Nessa1dc said:

How are you able to see anything on your Royal IQ...I can't see anything.  I thought you had to be on the ship first?

The OP is using the RCI app, not the Royal IQ app.

5 hours ago, danoconnl said:

So we leave on thursday(3/14) for a 4 night cruise on Independence of the seas.  I was playing with the Royal App and was looking to see if the headliner was listed.  I didn't see a headliner, but right now it's showing Grease on both night 2 and night 4.  I'd be kind of bummed if two of our 4 nights of entertainment were the same show.  One of the reasons we choose Royal and a cruise over an all inclusive is the entertainment at night.  Does anyone know if the app is accurate before the cruise?

We've done a 5 night cruises for the last 5 years and always had different shows every night.

Thanks

Dan

I would bet that the app is not accurate.

Posted (edited)

I am also showing the same show (Mama Mia)for the first two nights on my Allure cruise.

I checked it via Cruise Planner after logging in on the website.

I do not believe it is a glitch. It is very common to have the same show for more than 2 nights. They do that to stagger the crowd especially on the bigger ships, with broadway type shows.

Dan (OP), it does not mean you have to see it for 2 nights ....other shows/entertainment will be added and you will have as the Poster above pointed out.

Edited by Arzeena

Okay, so just got back from the cruise.  Grease was on night 2, headliner was night 3, comedian was night 4 for only 1 show.  The app sucks, it never updated from 2 grease shows, had the wrong headline on night 3. pretty much worthless, except that I found that when you reconnected to the free wifi for the app, the first minute or so was completely open so I got some imessage updates from my kids.

Dan

3 hours ago, danoconnl said:

. pretty much worthless, except that I found that when you reconnected to the free wifi for the app, the first minute or so was completely open so I got some imessage updates from my kids.

On ships with the app, you can turn that into several minutes a few times during the cruise - click on the link to install the app and you'll get several minutes of a Stream connection.